The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Companion/light riding buddy NEEDED!

I'm doing this the reverse way and will cross post to hopefully get some response.

I will most likely be moving my horse to another boarding facility on September 1st, so I have a month to get things in order. My filly has never been on her own, therefore needs a companion. I would like a companion for her that is low maintenance, mare or gelding, any age, but would also like something that can handle light riding... this would be a home with no jumping! I am trying to continue lessons, but trail riding is just fine.

This facility is a 10 acre fenced field adjacent to a cow field with run in and possible stall access. Hay and grain will be provided and I live 5 minutes down the road from this place.

I would be willing to take someone's free lease or a giveaway...maybe I'm not wording this the right way but if anyone has a horse that is need of a home please PM me.

I am located in the NoVa area. Horse must be current on Coggins, shots, dental and farrier work. I have limited resources, but enough that I can provide a home for another horse.
    Crayola Posse~Aquamarine
    Love vs Money...for the love of my horse, I have no money!

Contact me at cstone@chathamhall.org. I have a number of school horses that need to be retired from work duty but are great for light riding - dead quiet and safe.

Quote Originally Posted by Tackpud View Post
    Contact me at cstone@chathamhall.org. I have a number of school horses that need to be retired from work duty but are great for light riding - dead quiet and safe.
    I tried emailing you but it wouldnt go thru for some reason so I am sending you a PM with my email address and attached what I had written in the emai lthat wouldnt go thu.

thanks!
    Crayola Posse~Aquamarine

Default Horse Available

Hi, I recently saw your ad and wasn't sure if you still needed a horse. My friend has a Tbred gelding, he is around 12 or so. Very sweet and easy. He has had some lamness issues so he is mostly retired at the moment. He has been living as a companion horse for someone else but now there are several horses there so he isn't needed as much. I am not sure if this is something you would be interested in. But let me know. Thanks

If Cricket's don't workout, I may have one that will. Please feel free to contact me at Katie@Shadesofbay.com

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly81 View Post
    Hi, I recently saw your ad and wasn't sure if you still needed a horse. My friend has a Tbred gelding, he is around 12 or so. Very sweet and easy. He has had some lamness issues so he is mostly retired at the moment. He has been living as a companion horse for someone else but now there are several horses there so he isn't needed as much. I am not sure if this is something you would be interested in. But let me know. Thanks

This sounds a lot like a horse I know. Where is the horse located?
    Crayola Posse~Aquamarine

purdey Guest

Hi,

I live in Mont. Co, MD, and have a sweet 5-yr-old TB gelding with arthritis in ankles from racing who can no longer do serious dressage or jumping, but my vet says he'll be fine for light hacking and trails for many years. I want to give him away to a good home. He's about 16.1 or 16.2, a very elegant chestnut, very sensible and fun to ride. He has never bucked or tried to run away with me. His only issue about trail riding is that he needs a lot of practice crossing streams. He has excellent barn manners, and has just seen the vet, dentist, farrier and chiropracter. I want to make sure I find the right home for him, so if you are interested, i would ask for vet and farrier references.

If you are interested, please reply to flyingtiger7@comcast.net

Thank you!

Default Horse Available

He is located in Quakertown, Pa. You can email me if you would like some photos Kburland@gmail.com

I might send you a PM in the next couple days. I just have to talk to my dad.