The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Jack Russell- 13 months- Free to a good home

Hi all,

A good friend of mine has finally decided that his JRT pup is never going to be happy living in a city and has decided to do the right thing and find the little guy a new home with a family and a backyard or even a farm.

PJ is a 13 month old JRT. He is neutered, up to date and all shots and well socialized with people and other dogs. While he does not have barn experience I bet he would quickly adapt to farm life.

Here is pic:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...dws0028/pj.jpg

PJ is located in NYC but his owner is willing to transport him for the perfect home.

Please let me know if you have any questions.
    Thank you!
    Jane

nobody wants a super sweet JRT???

Please PM me if you have any questions or would like any additional information.

Thanks!

You might try the Jack russell rescue.....
    http://www.russellrescue.com/
    They get lots of dogs like him who people got without finding out what JR"s are like or they have a new baby and want rid of the dog. They are high energy dogs and need someone willing to put in the time to expend that energy or else they find their own ways of getting it out.
    He looks really cute..... The only problem he may have being given to a farm now is he might chase horses and get kicked or as many JR's do he may kill cats if they have a barn cat. I know mine would kill my barn cat if she could get near her.
    Do you know if he has been around cats before ? Also is he house broken? I know of a few people I can ask... if I get any interest I will let you know.
    "A little less chit-chat a little more pitter-pat"

I sooo wish I did not already have three dogs, I would take him in a heartbeat! I agree though, the above rescue is a great way to get the word out, good luck, he looks like a sweetie!

Quote Originally Posted by FolsomBlues View Post
    I sooo wish I did not already have three dogs, I would take him in a heartbeat! I agree though, the above rescue is a great way to get the word out, good luck, he looks like a sweetie!
    I was thinking the exact same thing, if I could I'd take all the JRTs that need homes. Hope the cute guy finds a good home.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRuss1996 View Post
    You might try the Jack russell rescue.....
    http://www.russellrescue.com/
    They get lots of dogs like him who people got without finding out what JR"s are like or they have a new baby and want rid of the dog. They are high energy dogs and need someone willing to put in the time to expend that energy or else they find their own ways of getting it out.
    He looks really cute..... The only problem he may have being given to a farm now is he might chase horses and get kicked or as many JR's do he may kill cats if they have a barn cat. I know mine would kill my barn cat if she could get near her.
    Do you know if he has been around cats before ? Also is he house broken? I know of a few people I can ask... if I get any interest I will let you know.

Thank you and we have begun talks with the JRT rescue.... but being in NYC they said it could take a while, and we would like to find him a new home with fresh air open pastures sooner rather than later.

Thanks again!

I would take him in a heartbeat if I didn't already have FOUR dogs....hubby would kill me.
    As far as I am concerned, every farm needs a Jack Russell!
    ~Rest in Peace Woody...1975-2008~

I just sent you a PM...Very interested in this puppy !!!

Default PJ is no longer available

I want to thank everyone for their interest in PJ, however when faced with actually having to give the dog away the owner just couldn't do it. He did not feel comfortable giving the dog to someone he did not know. I'm sure there were some great homes out there waiting for him, and personally I would have moved along with the rehoming, but he is not my dog.

PJ however is safe and sound with his current owner and will remain there until his owner feels comfortable sending him to a new home (in fact, I think he is holding out to send the dog to my parents farm.... he trusts my family and while they would love to take him, they have an ancient akita who isn't doing so well these days and they worry that the stress of a new dog would not be good for her, so as sad as this is to say, the akita would need to pass on before PJ would be welcome on the farm.... and considering my first pony is still roaming around the farm at the age of 34, the akita could still have a few more years in her...lol).

ok, so thanks again to everyone and I apologize for taking up your time.

That is GREAT news! I have 4 jacks and love them! Glad this little feller could stay with his family