The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 1005
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr. 3, 2003
    Location
    Up the creek from bar.ka
    Posts
    10,025

    Default

    rileyt- I'm with you. There's definately something more afoot then the OP is letting on about.



  2. #22
    Join Date
    May. 15, 2008
    Posts
    1,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tidy rabbit View Post
    rileyt- I'm with you. There's definately something more afoot then the OP is letting on about.
    I'm with ya too....it's a bit strange.
    Sorry OP but...there just seems to be more to this story than you are letting on and like I stated in that case you probably shouldn't have posted this info on a public board as most people know it could terribly jeopardize your case.



  3. #23
    Join Date
    May. 6, 2006
    Location
    rapidan,virginia
    Posts
    1,424

    Default

    I have to admit I'm a bit skeptical too. Do they have until August 3rd to return the horse or come up with the money? And are you worried about the horse's welfare or about getting the money? Because if I was worried about the horse's welfare, then getting the money wouldn't matter, I'm getting my horse back. Now. Today.
    "Can you imagine what I would do if I could do all I can?" Sun Tzu, The Art of War
    Rainy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYpvIMVdq3k
    Stash: http://tinyurl.com/mmm3p4e



  4. #24
    Join Date
    Oct. 14, 2004
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    1. If you know where the horse went then it's not missing - it's taken without your permission or a contract. Would I be pissed - heck yes! Would I be on the way to that barn to get my horse with paperwork in hand - hell yeah!

    2. 5 hours is not that long. If it were my horse, I would have packed up the trailer and driven to where I knew the horse was the minute I found out where the people trying the horse had taken him. If you don't have a trailer now is the time to call in some favors!

    3. Have you actually spoken with the people that have the hose? You say you have given them a deadline - was that in communication with them or a threat only on here? I'm not trying to be snarky but there is an awful lot of threats on this thread (and as many altimatums) - are those only on here or have those been communicated to the people who have your horse.

    4. Assuming you know where he is and don't trust the people who have him - putting up a thread on the world wide web with your intentions and planned course of action would be a very easy way for these people to move one step ahead of you (assuming they can get on the internet) and move the horse again, especially since you have given them another 3 days. It doesn't take 3 days to drive a horse 5 hours...I would have given them 5 hours to have the horse on your property. A horse could certainly be moved again to another state and vanish in 3 days pretty easily, especially in that part of the country.



  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jan. 2, 2007
    Location
    Alpharetta
    Posts
    2,068

    Default

    The part that seems questionable to me is the reference to a BNT, because, if the trainer is a BNT, I doubt very seriously that he did something tricky or illegitimate, mainly because he would have a reputation to protect.

    Also wondering if its miscommunication, maybe, they sent the horse to someone who wants to try him. Didn't receive permission from owner, now owner is upset and wants the horse back NOW.

    Either way, the OP should calm down and try to work this thing out, getting the police involved seems at premature as well as smells of revenge or trying to get back at the people who didn't end up buying her horse.FWIW



  6. #26
    Join Date
    Jan. 30, 2007
    Posts
    691

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supernatural View Post
    No, no one is Virginia Beach was involved with this. I want that to be perfectly clear. I let the horse go out on a trial. The people trying the horse picked him up from the farm he was boarded at in Virginia Beach and took him to their farm in Virginia. If they are not going to buy him the horse should have been returned to Virginia Beach where they picked him up. Instead, they took him to WV to a different farm.
    Can we assume that maybe - just maybe the people trying the horse wanted to take the trial horse with permission from the BNT who is selling the horse for you gave permission for them to try the horse at their facility?

    You bet your horses ass I would have already been on the road getting MY horse back. I just do not understand where you are coming from Supernatural. If your horse is stolen/missing the freely list the barn name, BNT name and the people who are trialing the horse here. I think your horse is just on trial - that's just it. No reputable BNT would work otherwise. You obvioulsy saw great hopes in a sale of your horse threw this trainer so what's the problem?

    You have the papers - you own the horse - bottom line. All of us here know sales/trials/purchases/trades go bad... your story is just not adding up. I bet your horse is munching on hay in a fabulous farm right now.



  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jun. 25, 2008
    Posts
    698

    Default

    ya i agree, this isnt adding up. if you really were that worried you would have your butt in the car going to get your horse. It sounds to me kind of like you owe money and they are holding your horse, or somthing to that extent.

    My trainer sold one of her older horses to a kid that was about 5 hours away, she recieved some of the money but not all. She was worried about his health because if they couldnt afford to finish paying him off could they pay for his shoes? for his feed? so she went down there and picked him up needless to say he didnt look very good at all.. hes been back and happy at our barn ever since.

    In any event if OP was really worried she would go track her horse down. the only way i see getting the police involved is if you A. Dont know where your horse is and have not heard back from anyone or B. you dont know who has your horse and are again not hearing from anyone. I think there is more to the story than we are hearing... but perhaps since OP isnt responding maybe she is taking action? lets all hope



  8. #28
    Join Date
    Dec. 12, 2000
    Location
    Washington, D.C., U.S.A.
    Posts
    4,155

    Default

    We can hope, but I'm not holding my breath.

    She posted 10 times between 8:00 and 10:15 this morning... and then (when questions were raised) poof -- she's gone. Hmmm... .wonder why?



  9. #29
    Join Date
    Aug. 14, 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    2,245

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Summit Springs Farm View Post
    The part that seems questionable to me is the reference to a BNT, because, if the trainer is a BNT, I doubt very seriously that he did something tricky or illegitimate, mainly because he would have a reputation to protect.

    Also wondering if its miscommunication, maybe, they sent the horse to someone who wants to try him. Didn't receive permission from owner, now owner is upset and wants the horse back NOW.

    Either way, the OP should calm down and try to work this thing out, getting the police involved seems at premature as well as smells of revenge or trying to get back at the people who didn't end up buying her horse.FWIW
    Actually some of the big name trainer are the worst with being underhanded. Don't confuse the fact that someone is a good trainer, with the fact that they are honest.



  10. #30
    Join Date
    Nov. 25, 2001
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    3,087

    Default

    Hey Supernatural, is that your name listed on his ad? Are you the same Anne M that used to be in SW VA? Either way, could you please PM me the name of the trainer who took the horse?

    Not saying there aren't two sides to every story, but anyone who thinks BNTs are above something like this needs to pull their head out of the sand. They're not G-d, they're successful trainers in a dirty business... some are good guys, some are slick.
    Please don't try to be a voice of reason. It's way more fun to spin things out of control. #BecauseCOTH - showhorsegallery



  11. #31
    Join Date
    Jan. 2, 2007
    Location
    Alpharetta
    Posts
    2,068

    Default

    I know, I know, I am a Pollyanna!!

    Its just that I think that if they are BNT's then they haven't screwed alot of people, or they wouldn't have a great amount of business, would they? thus be a BNT?



  12. #32
    Join Date
    Nov. 25, 2001
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    3,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Summit Springs Farm View Post
    I know, I know, I am a Pollyanna!!

    Its just that I think that if they are BNT's then they haven't screwed alot of people, or they wouldn't have a great amount of business, would they? thus be a BNT?
    Sadly, that is nowhere close to reality.
    Please don't try to be a voice of reason. It's way more fun to spin things out of control. #BecauseCOTH - showhorsegallery



  13. #33
    Join Date
    Oct. 3, 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    4,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Summit Springs Farm View Post
    I know, I know, I am a Pollyanna!!

    Its just that I think that if they are BNT's then they haven't screwed alot of people, or they wouldn't have a great amount of business, would they? thus be a BNT?
    I'm sorry that made me giggle a little.

    Something a little odd about Supernatural's story though. I'd sure like an update - maybe she was convinced to make that 5 hour drive to reclaim her horse? Wonder if we'll ever know the outcome...



  14. #34
    Join Date
    Jul. 11, 2008
    Location
    Wellie World
    Posts
    315

    Default

    Just to give you guys a heads up.... but im not sure whether its the same in other states... but i know in florida that you can be arrested if you go to try and get your horse back.


    If you go onto somone else property without their consent, even though your horse is there... they can try and press charges on your for tresspassing. Just be careful. It sounds like there is already enough to deal with! Dont need to add anymore drama by trespassing.



  15. #35
    Join Date
    Apr. 3, 2003
    Location
    Up the creek from bar.ka
    Posts
    10,025

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Individualblue07 View Post
    Just to give you guys a heads up.... but im not sure whether its the same in other states... but i know in florida that you can be arrested if you go to try and get your horse back.


    If you go onto somone else property without their consent, even though your horse is there... they can try and press charges on your for tresspassing. Just be careful. It sounds like there is already enough to deal with! Dont need to add anymore drama by trespassing.
    That's why you call and get the sheriff involved and go and legally get your animal back.



  16. #36
    Join Date
    Jul. 11, 2008
    Location
    Wellie World
    Posts
    315

    Default

    EXACTLY!!!

    lol


    I had problems with my old barn... and just to even get my stuff back... i made sure the sheriff went with me! That way they are there to witness first hand what you take and what happens... so no one can ever try to accuse you of anything you didnt do!

    Oh how i do the love the sheriff's! as long as i dont get pulled over... im good! lol



  17. #37
    Join Date
    Feb. 23, 2000
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    5,529

    Default

    I truly hope this ends well for you and for your horse. I simply don't know how I'd handle it myself and send you positive thoughts and wishes.

    http://community.webshots.com/user/ballyduff
    \"If you are going through hell, keep going.\" ~Churchill~



  18. #38
    Join Date
    Jul. 30, 2008
    Posts
    145

    Default

    Thank you very much Quinn. I just want the horse back.



  19. #39
    Join Date
    Oct. 14, 2004
    Posts
    1,793

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Summit Springs Farm View Post
    I know, I know, I am a Pollyanna!!

    Its just that I think that if they are BNT's then they haven't screwed alot of people, or they wouldn't have a great amount of business, would they? thus be a BNT?
    Sorry, that made me laugh a little.

    It never ceases to amaze me how willing some horse people are to turn a blind eye to illegal/imoral/unethical behavior all for the sake of a winning round.



  20. #40
    Join Date
    Jun. 25, 2008
    Posts
    698

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by supernatural View Post
    What I have printed is true. I'm not printing names as I would like for people to do the RIGHT THING. I've done what I have been advised to do by police officials. I have given people a reasonable time frame to get this horse back. If the horse is returned by Sunday August 3rd in the manner described in the certified letters that all parties are receiving today this will go away. If they decide to move him again (this may have already happened) and do not return him by Sunday August 3rd, and he disappears they can tell their "side" of the story to the judge that will be hearing their case.

    You still have not answered any ones questions.. or at least not mine. Im not trying to start an argument but i would just like to understand why you dont get the police to go escort you to pick your horse up... wouldnt you get more satisfaction from having your horse back and you doing the right thing rather than giving them every opprotunity to do the wrong thing three days is alot of time for them to relocate your horse, it almost sounds as if you want to take these people to court, rather than end it by picking up your horse.. and even if he is not at the same place, you can go to the last place he was.. surely someone there will know where he was taken.. good luck with this hope it all works out for you!



Similar Threads

  1. Missing horse alert sugar loaf Ny
    By dressagebrat in forum Missing Horses
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Jun. 29, 2012, 04:33 PM
  2. working with an 'alert' horse...
    By doccer in forum Dressage
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: Jun. 24, 2011, 11:40 AM
  3. Replies: 82
    Last Post: Apr. 9, 2011, 11:31 AM
  4. Central VA- missing woman alert (jingles please!)
    By Lazy Palomino Hunter in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: Feb. 15, 2010, 09:34 PM
  5. MISSING HORSE ALERT- Out of CT!
    By farmgirl88 in forum Off Course
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Jul. 23, 2009, 01:33 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •