The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Chacco Blue

I know some people here have used him; how was the semen?
    Also, does anyone know where to find a confo. photo of him; I've searched but haven't found one yet! Would like to know if he is throwing lighter/modern types or not...
    Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm."
    --Winston Churchill
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hills...h/112931293227
    www.HillsideHRanch.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hillside H Ranch View Post
    I know some people here have used him; how was the semen?
    Also, does anyone know where to find a confo. photo of him; I've searched but haven't found one yet! Would like to know if he is throwing lighter/modern types or not...
    I'm wondering too - he sure seems lovely & is producing nicely, but I have yet to see a conformation photo of him, and have searched quie a bit He has a couple approved sons, the strike me as having a nice medium build, but again I haven't been able to find an decent conformation shot of them either ..

Maybe Judy Yancey would be able to help you out? She serves as an agent for him.

I've used the semen but didn't get a pregnancy. I'd have to ask my vet what the number were. I did find a conformation photo of him once but now I can't find it again. It remember it being on an Australian? frozen semen broker's website.

I tried breeding a mare to him a few years ago. The vet said the semen looked very good but unfortunately no pregnancy.

I actually saw him in person in April. You can see a video and a picture of him at schockemoehle.com. I really liked his son Chaccamo who I also saw (he is on the website) He is much lighter but has Contender in both sides of his pedigree. He was a hunter delux in my book. It will be interesting to see how he pans out. He is only 3. I might breed my TB mare to him next year.

I think Crooked Willow has a mare in foal to Chacco Blue, but the mare is in Germany so they probably did not use frozen. You can probably email Matt and he could tell you.

KRF, can you elaborate on Chaccmo? I liked him on the Schockemohle DVD.

Thanks for the info guys. I'm trying to get frozen semen purchased for next year and I have one mare I just can't make my mind up about! I've looked at Converter, Quintender, Chacco Blue, and more and confo. photos are hard to come by. Right now, I'm just paralyzed by indecision; there are a lot of nice stallions out there and at this point I'm like "oh, he's nice; wait,what about that one, or that one..."!
    --Winston Churchill
    www.HillsideHRanch.com

Thumbs up

A friend of mine has a 2.5yr old Chacco Blue filly....boy can she jump (in the chute, of course).

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...upidjump-1.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1.../Cupidtrot.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkridge View Post
    A friend of mine has a 2.5yr old Chacco Blue filly....boy can she jump (in the chute, of course).

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...upidjump-1.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1.../Cupidtrot.jpg
    Did your friend breed the filly; if so what was the frozen semen like?
    --Winston Churchill
    www.HillsideHRanch.com

We recently purchased a rising 3yo Chacco Blue x Argentinus filly (frozen semen) she can REALLY jump. Looks to mature around 17hh a fairly fine leggy type, sensitive but sensible.

Since we bought her we have heard rave reviews from Germany about Chacco Blue and his progeny so we think we made a good pick!

I beleive they imported the mare in foal....

Spacley,

Well I was definitely looking for hunter stallions when I was in Germany. Chacco Blue is your jumper type, short coupled, powerful etc. Chaccamo is only 3 but he is longer, lighter and more elegant than his sire. He had a puppy dog mentality and a really kind eye. He really stood out for what I was looking for to cross with my mares. I think he will be available for 2009.

I just wanted to add that I love this stallion! I saw his video a few years ago and he just stuck out for me. Chaccamo is also lovely! Good luck if you decide to breed to him, you will have to share pics of the result!

krfarms- Can you comment on Chacco Blue's hind-end/neck/head? How are his pasterns & feet?

Quote Originally Posted by goodmorning View Post
    krfarms- Can you comment on Chacco Blue's hind-end/neck/head? How are his pasterns & feet?
    Just a few of the reasons a confo. photo would be nice... I still haven't found one!
    --Winston Churchill
    www.HillsideHRanch.com

Quote Originally Posted by Hillside H Ranch View Post
    Just a few of the reasons a confo. photo would be nice... I still haven't found one!
    Though a first-hand account of those front legs can often tell you a lot more than a photo... One of the things that bothers me most about not being able to see the stallion myself.

This is the best I've found.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chaccobluestand.jpg 
Views:	114 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	22015  
    As is our confidence, so is our capacity. ~W. Hazlitt

Visit our website: Gift Hill Farm and on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by can't re- View Post
    This is the best I've found.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I swear I've searched the entire Internet and never came across that picture. It is at least a good starting point!
    --Winston Churchill
    www.HillsideHRanch.com

Unfortunately, I really did not get that good of a look at Chacco Blue. His head is typical WB, nothing to die for, neck typical WB. He had a blanket on and was in a stall. To tell you the truth the people at Schockmohle's were not very hospitable. We made an appointment, arrived at the specific time and felt they really did not want to show us what they had. I did not have a "big name" with me so they did not take us seriously. They kept pushing a stallion named Diarado. But I did get a better look at a few of the others. Chaccomo has a better head, better neck, seemed overly kind and was more my type of horse.

In contrast, we went to the Hessen stud in Dillenburg, the director could not have been nicer, trotted out horses for us, pulled them out of the stalls, took off blankets, set down with me and discussed what I was looking for and discussed my mares pedigrees etc. I would definately deal with them, they were overly gracious!! They had lesser know stallions, but they were from similar bloodlines and were on the whole younger and just starting their careers.