The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Jim Wofford clinic at Pine Top (GA) -- any interest?

Just heard about it but it might die due to lack of sign-ups..... anyone interested!
    August 25-26 (Monday/Tuesday)
    If interested email willowsouth@gmail.com ASAP!

Jennifer

Thanks for posting! It would be a huge shame for a Jim clinic not to fill, and boy would I love to play at Pine Top with him.

Will have to wait til next week when I chat with my surgeon - I got spayed last week, and feel great, but agreed not to swing a leg over a horse until my two week check up.(and no, I know two weeks isn't going to give a sudden green light, but maybe there will be walk work on steady beasts in my permission slip??)

Oh, loophole realization! I didn't promise ANYTHING about staying off ponies!

I dont even remember hearing about it, and I check the Area 3 website almost daily (maybe its time to send in my Adult Riders application...)
    I have Higher Standards... do you?
    Apalachicola Native (Alfie), '02 TB Gelding,
    Wild Man of Borneo (Hank), '03 Redtick coonhound,
    Augustus McRae (Gus), '01 Bluetick coonhound

RunForIt-- are you reading this? If there is a BN level, maybe a certain bay TB wants to go!

Default Where is this posted?

I sent an e-mail to Willow South, but I don't see this clinic posted anywhere. Depending on the details, my daughter would participate with one or two horses and I know some others who might be interested.

Jim posts upcoming activities - and essays and reflections - at his blog:
    http://jimwofford.blogspot.com/

In theory I would love to, but riding in August in GA is not my idea of fun, and I'd hate to waste such an opportunity by passing out mid-ride

I see he's listed for KY in Sept, so I'm aiming for that one

I only heard about it through a student who checks Jim's blog.... I haven't seen it advertised ANYWHERE. So spread the word, maybe we can get enough folks to make it happen!

Jennifer

Rats, the Sept clinic is cancelled. Same weekend as the Classique at KHP.

I really would love to ride with him, but I just don't do well in the heat I'll come audit though, if that helps?

Any trust-fund babies want to pay for my gas and new tires on my truck and trailer? Froggy and I would love to go.
    T3DE 2010 Pact Group
    Barefoot Eventers Clique
    http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...2lkxcbn110.jpg

Hey all. I am helping Tawn with it as her horse is in the hospital. I'll post info as I get it from her. Will be getting info on the net as fast as possible. My email is gi2@bellsouth.net so you have an extra way of getting info to us.

I emailed Tawn this morning and got a response... she said they need 12+ training level riders and that it doesnt look so good.

Such a shame! What a wonderful opportunity. I'd go without a horse to to glean wisdom from him.
    I have Higher Standards... do you?
    Apalachicola Native (Alfie), '02 TB Gelding,
    Wild Man of Borneo (Hank), '03 Redtick coonhound,
    Augustus McRae (Gus), '01 Bluetick coonhound

any idea how much it is?

i don't think i'm ready for him yet... not to mention i'm already doing a lellie lesson, ralph clinic, and big bear... plus hopefully another two lellie lessons.... so i really really can't spend ANY more money this month Nor... can i roll it over into next months budget... since i've already spent that too!

and yeah... really really hot! it's a heat index of 101 here today!!! and i'm not too far from pine top.

but it does sound like a good opportunity. it's a shame it may not fill....especially since there's a big waiting list for ralph..

If only it wasn't during the week I know of at least three or four people as well as myself that would sign up in a heartbeat. As is, I might know one, so I'll pass the word. I was lucky enough to do a clinic with him in February and learned so much. If you can't afford to go ride, you really should go watch, all sessions, not just yours. And he is appropriate for all levels, so don't feel that you can't do it because you're not a *ed rider yet.

Clinic has been canceled by Tawn.

First I heard of this clinic was here of course. Too bad it wasn't posted on ARea 3's website. I would have jumped at the chance to ride with JW again....but the new partner I have now just isn't ready for 2 hr sessions. He's only been out of the pasture for 2 wks and he was out in the pasture for about a year so I'm taking it slow for him and me. Maybe next winter....

Cody

well damn. I was hoping to go!!! And I just recruited three others!
    FREE TACK/APPAREL ADS: BITS AND BARTER BOARD: http://bitsandbarter.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=5450

Too bad it was cancelled... not sure I would have been in any way ready or even able to go, but still...

Cost would have been around $400.

Too bad it wasn't advertised better.
    Founder, Higher Standards Leather Care Addicts Anonymous
    Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Default Two who would have gone

I just found out about this yesterday through a random e-mail. It was not advertised anywhere in area 3. I know myself and a friend would have loved to have gone. We have been saying forever that he is a clinician we would love to ride with and make the money and time happen for. I am just dissapointed that poor notification caused us to miss out