The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default FEI World Cup Finals - Las Vegas, Thomas and Mack Center - Seats/Tickets

Hello there,

I am planning on buying tickets for the World Cup Finals, but I am at a complete loss of which set of tickets to buy.
    There are two types:
    PLAZA: $325.00/each (Holy crow!!)
    BALCONY: 175.00/each (That's better.)

(Apparently there are also VIP tickets, but they cost... $1000/each!)

We are flying down from Canada and want to have a great experience at an international event (especially because I've never been to one before!!) Obviously, the tickets that are appealing are the BALCONY ones, but, if we are flying down to Las Vegas, and watching dressage (I am very "nit-picky" about this, I mean, you honestly can't watch dressage from halfway around the world, you know? You want to be able to see detail and not just a blob going around.) I have never been to the Thomas and Mack Center, and I am asking someone who has:

How is the view from the Balcony?
    Are the Plaza tickets worth the money?

Any other thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated! Also, any hints, tips and tricks or "must sees" at this event would be appreciated too!
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Xpression; Jul. 29, 2008 at 06:05 AM.

I sat in the balcony at the last world cup- probably some of the furthest seats from the arena, but I could see pretty well. I imagine if you got a good locatin (IE, at E or B rather than back in the corner where I was) you would be able to see every detail. I don't remember NOT seeing any details, in dressage.

In jumping, the rider disappeared when they got too close to the wall underneath me, and I may not have been able to see one jump - but there weren't any problems like that with the dressage.

Remember, it's a civic center, not the Superdome.

If you can afford it...plaza. Thomas and Mack have a web site where you can see the set up as far as the seats. My personal opinion..the balcony although you can see (it is a nice set up) you can see more detail from closer to the rings.

Agreed, if you can afford to splurge, plaza is well worth it!

Another vote for Plaza. I went in '05 and was unsure about buying Plaza vs. the most expensive VIP but was glad I had gotten the Plaza - the venue is not all that big, and I was WAAAAY closer to the ring there than I'd been at the '96 Olympics, for sure! But I would not have wanted to be in the balcony...the cost of the tix is a fraction of the cost of the trip, and pretty much THE reason for going - so go for the better tix! I am going again next year and got the Plaza seats again.

If you are flying and staying, the extra 150 for Plaza seats is pretty trivial

I had VIP seats last time and don't feel they were worth the price then ( which has gone up I see) .
    _\\]
    -- * > hoopoe
    Cookie Dough is the Sushi of Desserts
    Introverted Since 1957

I tried to get Plaza and the website said they were not available??? Anyone else have any luck getting them recently?

Spend the extra $$$ and get Plaza seats, if there are any left. My husband and I went in '07 and are going back next spring. We had plaza seats for both dressage and show jumping. Well worth it, IMO.

Wink Balcony

I just bought my balcony package and was able to get first row seats in the balcony. There are not many left......After all the hidden expenses two packages came to $417.50.

I have heard from others who were in the balcony previously that these are good and give a different perspective. I think the key is to get in the first rows, but I will defer to those who have gone before me...

heard vendors are awesome too!!!

Default Plaza might still be available if you call

If you call, you might be able to still get plaza tickets. Only balcony were available online, but I called and got plaza.

1-866-388-FANS (3267)

We enjoyed the vendors

particularly those two Irish men with the yummy boots and clothes
    _\\]
    -- * > hoopoe
    Cookie Dough is the Sushi of Desserts
    Introverted Since 1957