The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default 5-6yo Male Boxer looking for good home

My husbands best friend dropped Rockie off almost one year ago "for a few weeks" until he found a new apartment that would allow animals. He has since given us ownership for him- that we did not want! We've had ownership of him for 6 months now, but he was not a planned addition and I feel there is a better home out there for him. He is fawn colored with white on his chest and feet. A very attractive boy!

Rockie is not nuetered. He has one testicle descended. He gets along well with other dogs- except intact males. We have three females and one male here on the farm (all fixed) and he is one of the pack.

I have a baby on the way and Rockie said he'd like a home with lots of attention. He supposedly is house trained. I was potty training my puppy when he came last year, so he would mark on top of the puppy's accidents. So.. I keep him and the others in a crate at night. He goes out in the kennel during the day (bank barn- temperature controlled) with my female Aussie.

Again- he will get along with other dogs but does not want to play with them- he just ignores them. Oh.. and picks up their bad habits. As previously mentioned, he's gone potty in the house a few times. He also now chases cats thanks to my two Aussies. The house cat is mean and he's scared to death of her, but does chase the barn cats incessantly.

He is up to date on all shots. I have him on Rotation which is heartworm, flea guard, tick guard, mite guard, scabies guard all in one dose one time/month.

Prospective home would be on a farm (he loooooves to run around) with a couple that would give him undivided attention. He has run off our farm into the adjoining neighborhood if you don't watch him close. An underground fence would be ideal. He will bark at strangers when left in the house alone. He will not bark/attack if he's outside with you and people pull in the driveway. He runs to their car to get dog bones!

His old owner was a cop and had a teenage boy son. They would rough house with him, so if invited- Rockie will rough house and growl, etc but would never hurt anyone.

If interested- reply with location info and references which will be checked. IF you plan to crate him, you must have an extra large crate sized big enough that he can lay down/stretch out when inside. He needs to have pads in there also.
    You'll also have to sign an agreement to have him fixed within 10 days.

He is located in Delaware 19709.

Thank you everyone for your pm's and interest... Rockie has found a home!!!