The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by I.C.O. View Post
    I have never seen these before....and I can't stop watching them now. I can't wait to see what she does next. The measuring one is definitely my favorite. My mare is 15.3h...but now i know that is really about 12 hands. What?

Who is she?
    If 12 hands=15.3, then how many "hands" is 15 ?? I'd like to ask her sometime...NOT, and I definantly wont be caught dead measuring my mare like that

I think if one watches too many of her videos at one time they will become engrained in the brain and you will start practicing her "expertness" on your own horse....shouldnt these videos come with a warning??

Where does she get her math formulas from? Her "hands" measuring tool reminds me of "moose/deer antlers" that little kids do in school when they learn animals, well at least thats what my little sister used to do, haha.
    Crayola Posse~Aquamarine
    Love vs Money...for the love of my horse, I have no money!

Oh no...as if I haven't wasted enough work time today. Wait...wasted???

Quote Originally Posted by outofafrica View Post
    Has that measuring video featured on fugly? If not, it should ...

Agreed!!! How do we get that to her?

Smile Yay!

These are so funny!... I'm glad they've been resurrected... here's my new favorite, How to Get on a Horse with No Saddle:
    http://www.ehow.com/video_2366999_ho...-bareback.html

She "can" vault or jump on but instead chooses to show us how to climb on from a gate... SO helpful!! Bless you, Sarah...

I. Am. Stunned. by the sheer volume. I had never seen/heard of her. I watched the video linked in the OP, and though, "Well, it's not THAT horrible, just a garden variety internet video idiot." But, OMG.

The horse refuses jump... just wow... She obviously does not understand the word edit? or does she really think they are GGGRRREAT?

Do you think the same person shot all the video?

Quote Originally Posted by petesperson View Post
    These are so funny!... I'm glad they've been resurrected... here's my new favorite, How to Get on a Horse with No Saddle:
    http://www.ehow.com/video_2366999_ho...-bareback.html

She "can" vault or jump on but instead chooses to show us how to climb on from a gate... SO helpful!! Bless you, Sarah...
    Gee, and here I was thinking that a mounting block would suffice.... I guess I'm not as "inventive" as Sarah.
    "It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."

O god not again. I am not letting myself start watching. I am always amused by the jumping ones. I am sad that the splint boots one never reappeared but its definatly for the best!

Oh boy I just watched the jumping videos HAHAHAHAHAH I about spit my drink out when she went over the first jump. Wait let me back up the whole time she is riding she is sliding around and bouncing in the saddle. She has the seat of a first time rider. Then she jumps oh dear I was laughing so hard. Even my husband enjoyed that...heck he can do better than that!
    She basically flew out of the saddle everytime she jumped oh except for that first jump where the horse stopped it looked like she was scared and staring right at the ground which is just about where she ended up.
    The lame horses and oh I almost forgot the lunging scene. Holding the lunge line with left hand while the rest dangles on the ground and whipping the ground and clucking on the right when the horse is traveling to the right. She is telling that horse to go by hitting the ground in front of him. No wonder he is doing the lame bit. Unfortunately she wasn't smart enough to notice. If I was her horse I would be lame all the time (on purpose)

I cannot believe she or anyone she knows hasn't said anything. I guess she knows how terrible she is and is too scared to come try and defend herself.

I cannot believe that they have them online on that site. I would hate to think some newbie is picking up this horrible information. Because unless they know horses they would believe it and that is sad.

I haven't seen the splint boot video if it surfaces please post the link.
    Ms Robin
    Farm Websites & SEO, Low Prices, Barter available!
    ~No Horses to Slaughter clique~

When I first heard about them I thought... no really? you're kidding??

then I watched a trotting one and I think it was a jumping how to...

Oh lordy I didn't know there was a website full of them.

This is strangely addicting. I typed in Sarah Stetner and selected videos in the eHow site and she actually ahs 380 videos uploaded!!!
    Everything from Jumping, English riding-intermediate and advanced, western equitation, advanced western, how to scoop stalls, how to bathe ,teaching them games(she has her own-stay and come here game(unless this is some existing clinician's game that she is using??)!!) This is just funny..
    I liked this video-she is talking about trail riding-it almost looks like the horse is saying to her "Cut the BS!! Enough already!!!!"

http://www.ehow.com/video_2365847_an...horseback.html

one can never get sick of watching the BS that she puts forth.

'that them there is called sumthin lyke twoo pont'
    Worry, doubt, fear and despair are the enemies which slowly bring us down to the ground and turn us to dust before we die.

~ Douglas MacArthur

My oh my she's her usual bubbly self.

Oh, this was just the laugh I needed. Thanks.
    "No, not anything goes, I said no rules!"

Woahhhh I just watched the measuring video. Who IS this chick? So if her 15.3h horse is really 12 hands, does that mean it is now a pony? So, she can shrink horses to ponies? Hmm, I bet there is a market for that somewhere...*puts on thinking cap and goes off to ponder a money making scheme* There are quite a few idiots who would buy into this...

I can't wait to watch the rest of them- I think I'll go eat first and get that all set before I watch, so I don't get so caught up in watching that I forget to eat. How did I miss these the first time around?

Wheres the fruitbat?

OMG! I feel so sorry for her horses. I know understand why everyone was rescuing Rowdy over on the Horsie Stick Art thread.

I watched her bit videos, how many bits does she think people use in their training? "The twisted wire snaffle is a good thir bit?" WTF?!

Please can someone tell her what an idiot she is?

Yup-I am still watching them. I can't stop. Man, I wish I heard of these videos earlier...I could have saved alot of money that i spent on lessons -I could just watch these. First though, I am going to call the person who sold me my 15.3h mare and let them know that they lied to me...she is really only 12 hands.

Seriously though, I think that next time I get in the saddle I am going to say automatically, "hi i'm sarah stetner and i am an expert horse rider for expert village." That is stuck in my head now...I have to stop watching...

Please. Help. Me. Stop. Watching. Please. I have things to do....

I think that some of us need to get together and rescue Rowdy the same way poor Capone was rescued. All we need are a few willing participants, a truck and trailer, and a place to take him to once we get him over the Canadian border...
    "It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."

*sighs* Is this working for anyone?? The links wont work for me...

Wow. I almost feel sorry for her because she has been horribly misinformed about a lot of things. The measuring video is by far my favorite though.
    Visit my farm at www.hiddenrockfarm.com