The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Quote Originally Posted by Petstorejunkie View Post
    Men apparently like messy, and horse clothes = you have money.
    Actually I've been told it's that they like to see a woman who's willing to get dirty and sweaty, and is therefore (likely) not a high-maintenance priss.
    Amwrider: May the fleas of a thousand camels infest their genitalia and may their arms be too short to scratch.

Great thread! And those who think it is easier if you are under 40, I don't know if that is true either... I'm 26, live in Charlottesville, VA surrounded by horse country and can't find a guy who can make plans a few days in advance so that I can schedule someone else to feed my horse. I'm not asking for a lot, just enough notice of a prospective date that I can call around and get a kid at the barn to feed for me. I'll even skip riding that day!
    Of course, I do have some requirements, but I really have lowered my standards in hopes of finding a second or maybe even a third date.

When you are over 40 you have lowered your standards so low there is nowhere else to go. And then even those substandard 40's guys are searching for 18-35 year olds

C-ville is a good guy area. Try Home Depot?

Quote Originally Posted by equinelaw View Post
    When you are over 40 you have lowered your standards so low there is nowhere else to go. And then even those substandard 40's guys are searching for 18-35 year olds

Hmm and I thought the whole cougar phenomenon was catching on!!

But on a serious note, for me being single has a ton of benefits. First I love travel-everywhere I go it is usually just me -my friends with families are always compalining -when you have kids just the whole logistics of taking them or even leaving them is just painful. I am very impulsive-so sometimes if I feel like it, I just pick up and am gone for a few days-if I m driving sometimes I just decide where I am going on the fly. It is so different when you are just by yourself on trips -like a free bird just do what you want.
    Then I have friends who are divorced-all kinds of problems alimony etc etc. , Then some in crappy relationships because they are too afraid to be alone .
    Ah well -now for me if it works out great-if not well life is just interesting enough -if I find someone where I can be in a serious relationship and yet have my freedom-I guess that is the only thing I am looking for. I am not saying I want to go sleeping around-but just that just because someone is married to me -suddenly I "belong" to them-Nope-!!

Well, I really didn't do a very bang up job today, I'll tell you that!

Had a little weekend trip planned. Was excited to go. However, in order to go this evening as planned, that meant getting up early to do chores and ride to make up for my usual chore day (Sunday) and give the horse no more than 1 full day off (she requires a lot of rides to stay consistent). By 8am, my whole plan was messed up. Chores took longer than I hoped, didn't finish, didn't ride. Had to pull chalks and get to work...crazy day. Big deadline. That didn't go well either. Revised plan and decided to go up later tonight after finishing stalls and riding. By 8:45 tonight, I had been going a hundred miles an hour for 15 hours and was hanging onto my sanity by a thread.

"Nice" guy tries to be accommodating....we'll just go tomorrow.

No dangit, I've busted butt all day today so we can go tonight!

Argument ensues. Blah.

I'm so freaking tired. Have had this planned for a week and have been trying to cram all my weekend stuff into the weekdays plus work a gazillion hours this week AND get the horses ridden/take a lesson. I'm whooped and now? I'm real disappointed. No vacation for me.

Guess I'll get more rides in this weekend though. LOL

Dating sucks.
    A good horseman doesn't have to tell anyone...the horse already knows.

Might be a reason, never an excuse...

I think your wrong here sorry to say, most 18 - 25 yo's wouldn't give a 40+ a second look UNLESS they were driving a 6 digit car. Can we say GOLD DIGGER?
    And I think the reason some are looking for that is because most 40's have been around the block with abusive or cheating spouses, and are so protective that a new guy doesn't stand a chance of even getting into a real relationship, because these woman THINKS all men are abusive or cheats...
    If I get lucky enough to find someone else in the future, I don't expect them to be a size 2, but I really want someone to ride and show with me and they do need to look like they belong on the horses.
    " iCOTH " window/bumper stickers.
    http://bluemoongrafixva.webs.com

I am basing that assumption on personal ads I read. The men are in their 40's and asking for women 18-some number less then.

I like the ads where the ad is equidistant. If the man is 35 he says 25-45. Thats cool

I do not know if women answer the ads, but I assume men dont buy those expensive cars just to impress each other? And as yet just an expensive car will not always secure an older woman a hot young man.

As for older women being bitter and with baggae, that does happen. Or they come across that way. Thats exactly how Lex comes accross to me and he is a man. It may not be how he thinks or feels or is IRL, but thats how he comes across.

However, the appearance of age does seem to matter. I have usually looked 10-15 years younger then my actual age. Attitudes do change when my real age gets mentioned, even though my ass does not magically increase in size or my hair does not turn majikally gray I stay the same. My number changes.

That could be social conditioning that men are supposed to have younger or equal women, it could be fertitlity issues, or it could be something else all togther. We joke about hot young stud muffins and cougars, but most women I know still feel a liitle funny with a man 16-20 years younger. I don't want one, but I wish I would. They easy to train and easy to capture.

From experience (and only made it to 1 guy over or near 40 so far) young guys and old guys are pretty much the same. They may look different, but its not like they seriuosly mature between 21-40. They are too busy working to do much in the way of personal growth. They don't really need the fancy cars and if the ride they don't even need a fancy horse.

I hold dear the belief that peiople are people no matter how small, or large, and we should all be judged on our insides and not the size of our outs. I want a man that wants me for me, not the size of my body.

Its a real shame I am too superficial and shallow to apply that standard to the men I am attracted to

Quote Originally Posted by Invested1 View Post
    Actually I've been told it's that they like to see a woman who's willing to get dirty and sweaty, and is therefore (likely) not a high-maintenance priss.
    That's exactly it. My brother and his pals used to call it the Cinderella factor: a tomboy type girl who can get sweaty and dirty and then go out two hours later looking like a total knockout. I dated a lot of my brother's friends when I was younger. Go figure.
    Jer 29: 11-13

Is your brother single?

hahah just had to read this thread. YOu must live at Sunkissed acres but...............since my priorities are now in order, WHY does anyone want to date LOL. I get more honest companionship from the dogs and horses, the kids and the people who are part of this farm are enough for me. Icant possibly make a committment to a date that I likely cant keep anyhow. So, if there are any men out there who would want to date this crazy old horse lady, just bring the darn fork ok.
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement

Is your brother single?
    Nope, you're a week late. He got married last Saturday.
    Jer 29: 11-13

And then there are those of us who can't bring ourselves to get out there, because we've already met "the one", but aren't with him and can't feel it's fair to meet someonre new, knowing all the while I'd be wishing with all my heart I was with "him". This has been going on for 4 years now, so I guess it'll have to be the horses and dogs & cats...

Quote Originally Posted by Petstorejunkie View Post
    Boy aint that the truth! Go to HD on a saturday at about 10am and you'll see just as many mini skirts and done up do's as you will well muscled handy men.
    I will say that I got the most attention, sweaty in tall boots and breeches looking confused. Men apparently like messy, and horse clothes = you have money.
    ...and leather, and whips...
    "Imma snap youuuu! - with a shout out to Wildlifer

I think I am going to import. I have a MUCH younger man in Germany who would love to come live her in the US. Last visit he cleaned my stalls, bought me Hanoverian logo wine glasses and a Loesdau halter....does it get any better? Oh, did I mention he is HOT HOT HOT? My problem is that he is too young.....younger guys like me which is just plain scary.

I would love to have someone to share the whole horse experience and show with. I used to do Jumpers in Germany and Eq horses in Georgia. Now I love dressage and HJs mainly. I breed and would love to have someone as eaten up by that obsession as I am. I am thoroughly convinced that I will be breeding an Olympic competitor one day. I just need to get one of mine into the right hands and off we go!!
    The rider casts his heart over the fence,
    the horse jumps in pursuit of it.

–Hans-Heinrich Isenbart

Default Easy!

Prioritize

And remember that priorities can change along they way. To me the job is the easy part, when I am at work it becomes my #1 priority (unless an emergency or something comes up). When I am off, it really just depends on the day. Dating was always kind of bottom of my list, I left the "boy crazy" phase of my life a long time ago and was very content in my basically introverted lifestyle. Like PP, the big dog and electric blanket was perfectly fine for me, and visiting my horse. My husband snuck up on me out of the blue, and he has fit in quite nicely (I call him my icing, lol).