The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Quote Originally Posted by Traum View Post
    This struck me really funny just now. I mean really, IS there a career where punching people in the throat wouldn't be a bad thing?
    Think of it this way. The military has this thing called the UCMJ (Uniform Code of Military Justice). Also, there's a TON of civilian jobs where you could punch some one in the throat while not on the clock and people will say that what you do in your off time is your business. When you're in the military what you do in your off time IS their business, and they take things A LOT more seriously than the civilian world. Ever heard of a Dishonorable Discharge? That will ruin your life. Getting fired from a civilian job cannot ruin you in the ways the military can.
    What's worse, getting fired and maybe having to deal with the cops OR having the military throw your ass in military jail, tell you that you WILL be getting kicked out, reduce your rank, take half your pay, and confine you to the base? Tell you that it will take a while for your discharge paperwork to go through so while you're waiting they will make you do manual labor 12 hours a day 5 days a week and 8 hours a day on the weekends. And I'm not even joking when I say that manual labor means you will be outside all day long rain or shine moving rocks by hand, or picking grass. Dead serious, I actually know people this has happened to.

I'll play-

People riding in raggaty clothes with REALLY dirty tack and a dirty horse.

Kids who dont 'get it' and ride once a week and wonder why they dont get better.

People who think polo wraps are great.

People who hack on a really loose rein and just let there horses plod around.

Children everywhere.

People who complain when a young horse god forbid WHINNY'S like Im supposed to do something about it, like its making there horse "wild".

People who give dirty looks because YEAH I'll give my green horse a good lunge because YEAH Im a little worried about him being crazy. Dont freaking treat me like Im a animal abuser.

-In reference to the two above, most people who do this dont own green horses and dont have the guts to own one, so basically, people who critize owners of green horses who shouldent be talking.

People who think they know everything but dont.

Kimberwicks

As soon as you get off the horses head dives into your chest to rub on you.

Horses that put all of there weight into you when you pick theire feet out

People who leave crap on my trunk 24/7 Its annoying when I was there yesterday and its there again today.

People who dont know me but talk to me like I'm there friend or something. Im anti social, I really prefer not talking to people I dont know.

People who talk to much in general. Ha

People who punish there horses by tearing up there face

People who see-saw in a attemop to get there horses head down

Done, Ha made a total hunter princess out of myself
    Last edited by LiveToFly; Aug. 12, 2008 at 04:19 AM.

often between a rock and hard place in Ky

Kids that don't appreciate their horse.

People who look down upon you if you are a novice horseowner or don't show.

Teenage "trainers"

People who see horses as "disposable"
    ___._/> I don't suffer from insanity.. I enjoy every
    ____/ minute of it! Member stick horse art lovers
    ';;;;;;; clique
    //__\\<-- Don't feed the llama!

I'll try to contain myself to just a few

Folks who blame the horse for their mistakes.

Owners who are trying to do things on the cheap without 2 pennies to scratch their backside with......... so can't afford basic veterinary treatment, foot care, board, turnout, tack and equipment that fits* (*insert as you will) and then spend all the time complaining about lame horse and trying to make do because the Barn/Trainer/Vet/Farrier* (*insert as you will) is too expensive ......... Sell the horse and go get a pet rock!!! Others DO NOT have to subsidise your lifetstyle choice !

Overweight, unfit riders trying to do anything clever or athletic on a horse and hence putting horse at risk! Get fit to ride. (And as this is a what irks thread then dare I mention Amy Trytofiton in that category as needing to lose 14 to 20 lbs!

Riders constantly flapping their legs and jabbing heels into their horses sides to get them going and then yanking their face off when they do go!

I cringe every time I hear the words "horse whisperer"

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas_1 View Post
    ... without 2 pennies to scratch their backside with ...
    And
    Sell the horse and go get a pet rock!!!
    Thomas, thanks for the morning chuckle!

On my list of annoying phrases, too. Along with "natural horsemanship" in the horsey world and things like "proactive" and "pre-planned" in the broader world.
    Equinox Equine Massage

In the depth of winter, I finally learned that there was in me invincible summer.
    -Albert Camus

Owners who are trying to do things on the cheap without 2 pennies to scratch their backside with.........

Specially when they say they have the money, are making 6 figures (maybe they are all zeros)but are just plain cheap!

They get their horses trimmed twice a year because that's enough, horses in the wild don't get their hooves trimmed. And they are letting their horses live like the wild horses of the west.
    "Have a Coke and a Smile"

Quote Originally Posted by gotabuk View Post
    I'm also irritated by those toy balls people buy for their horses.
    I bought my horse a Jolly Ball when he was on stall rest during the winter thinking it would entertain him. It didn't. It irked me that I bought the thing and I don't think he's touched it. Actually, scratch that, he did touch it. He stomped on it and smushed the whole side it. And it irks me that I can't seem to get the smushed side to pop back out!

So yeah, I guess I'm irked by those balls, too!

Percheronjumper, I knew you were serious I was just in a punchy mood and it struck me as an amusing way to phrase that.

Carry on, surprisingly, no irks from me today!

Quote Originally Posted by Traum View Post
    Percheronjumper, I knew you were serious I was just in a punchy mood and it struck me as an amusing way to phrase that.
    I hear ya! Me too, that's why I kinda wrote a smart ass reply. But it's the truth.

No irks YET today. But I would like to say IN YOUR FACE to some people in my unit. I had my annual PT (Physical Training) test today and I LAPPED every single person I was running with and ran the fastest mile and a half. I also blew them away on the other stuff. Yet, it's funny that some of them LOVE to tell me how riding isn't really that hard, all you do is sit there, it doesn't require much. Then they all stand there scratching their heads saying "Damn, good job!!" Yeah thanks...you know WHY I can beat all your asses in sit ups and run like I'm on fire? A big thank you to my Perch, barn chores, and my instructor. I'm not saying the horse environment is soley responsible for me being in shape but, where do I spend 90% of my time? And doing what?

I'll try to contain myself to just a few

Folks who blame the horse for their mistakes.

Owners who are trying to do things on the cheap without 2 pennies to scratch their backside with......... so can't afford basic veterinary treatment, foot care, board, turnout, tack and equipment that fits* (*insert as you will) and then spend all the time complaining about lame horse and trying to make do because the Barn/Trainer/Vet/Farrier* (*insert as you will) is too expensive ......... Sell the horse and go get a pet rock!!! Others DO NOT have to subsidise your lifetstyle choice !

Overweight, unfit riders trying to do anything clever or athletic on a horse and hence putting horse at risk! Get fit to ride. (And as this is a what irks thread then dare I mention Amy Trytofiton in that category as needing to lose 14 to 20 lbs!

Riders constantly flapping their legs and jabbing heels into their horses sides to get them going and then yanking their face off when they do go!

oooh i agree

and those that do blame usually do the parelli the belly stuff and talk namby pamby as in baby talking and treats and sweets the horse

its a horse--------- not a toy--

Right on... it's not a toy, it's NOT A DOG, it's definitely NOT A HUMAN.

Quote Originally Posted by LiveToFly View Post
    People who leave crap on my trunk 24/7 Its annoying when I was there yesterday and its there again today.
    OMG, sooooooo irksome! When I first moved to my barn I was in a tack room full of kids. I like kids. I do not like when kids leave their crap all over my trunk. Every single day it was something. Thank the Lord I have a trunk cover. One day I got there to find glitter glue on the cover. Not a tube of glitter glue sitting there, but actual glitter glue stuck to my trunk. WTF? The next day it was a knocked over Pepsi can, complete with Pepsi all over my trunk. I suppose it was to compliment the glitter glue? Then the sweaty, nasty, dirty saddle pads started accumulating on my trunk. I started throwing them all in the corner of the tack room in a pile. Then I moved to another tack room. Happy day!

One of my all time favorite Jerks...I mean, irks...are those that would do it better than you, IF they had the money. But, they don't HAVE the money, and can't GET the money...but if they did, boy, they would sure do it "better" than you!! Guess we'll never know!

Meanwhile, they waste huge sums of money, every month...

One of the keys to "having money" is not "wasting money"...
    "Riding a horse doesn't make you a Horseman. Many non-horsemen ride, many real horsemen do not ride. To be a Horseman, you must prove yourself of value to the horse."