The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Wanted: Quiet, older horse for light trail riding

I'm posting this for a friend!

Located in south NJ.

My friend is looking for an older horse that's in need of a good retirement home, but one that is suitable for very light trail riding (only at a walk, very rarely a trot). Should be quiet enough for non-horse people to get on. Other than light riding, the horse will have a companion to be with and will be kept at friend's house on 5 acres that are rotated between 3 grass fields with access to a large run in at all times. Horses are hayed with round bales in the winter time and have a heated water tank.

Let me know if you're looking for a good, forever home for your horse or large pony. My friends do keep their horses until their last days. There horse is currently alone due to their other horse needing to be euthanized due to old age (he was in his late 30's) and I moved my "project" horses out of there and to my trainer's.

Please e-mail me at jumpers307@yahoo.com or PM. I will be away this weekend but will get back to you as soon as possible.
    http://www.massageforequines.com
    Massage, braiding, and clipping services...

Check with Saddlebred Rescue. They have lots of suitable horses that can be trail ridden successfully. They have drafts, standardbreds, arab x I think.
    “Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.” Peter Drucker