The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Canaan Ranch

Just thought I'd let some of you know that Canaan Ranch is expanding to Middleburg Virginia. The property known in the Middleburg area as Bolinvar will now be Canaan Ranch at Bolinvar. Melanie is taking some of the horses to this farm starting in late August and September. She and her family are moving there. Though I am happy for her.

The Fulshear, Texas (near Houston) location will still be open but will focus on training for horse and rider. We have two resident trainers, Susan Shiba and Martha Diaz. I'm hoping that with more space made available by Melanie taking some of her horses to Virginia, that we'll get more new people in. Its always been a rather quite private facility. Its such a beautiful place I just wish more of my friends were there! I like to have friends to ride with. They plan to continue to schedule clinics with the best trainers in the country. Hilda Gurney is there this weekend, and are planning to expand to holding dressage schooling shows!!

What a pleasure to have such a great new face in the area! Welcome!

Well, with any luck I should be occupying a stall there this winter
    Maybe I'll get to ride with dressage people for a change

1 members found this post helpful.

Wishing Melanie continued good success in Virginia!

Default Amm2cd

Hi,

Please let me know when you arrive! You can PM message me here at COTH or you can email me at scooper@fridge-resendez.com. It would be wonderful to have some of my COTH buddies boarding there!

J-Lu is there with her beautiful girl Ami, and we really are a nice barn. There is never any drama or snippiness. We all help one another and because many of us live in town, we always check on one anothers' horses. Not that they need checking on with the excellent care that they get, but you know the personal stuff like giving a smooch or carrot in the evenings!

What I'd really love is for more Eventers to board there. There is plenty of room for trail riding, and galloping. There are two outdoor arenas (one with jumps) and a huge full sized covered dressage arena. Just tons of amenities!!

PT or email me Amm2cd! I

I do believe that you already know me
    I'll give you a hint, someone already boarding there continuously talks about my RC, Wonder-Pony.....

Default Hummmmmm

I can't think of who you are! I'm going to have to ask J-Lu if she has any idea!!! Wonder-pony??? Hummmmmmm

BIGGER HINT please!!

My sister is there this summer, complete with Bucky and all of his lovely antics. I have RC, my 4yo home bred QH and London. I'm sure you've heard stories of his epic dressage achievements :P

Default OHHHHHHHHH!!

Now I know!!! Awesome, I can't wait for you to join us!!

Such a loss for the Houston dressage scene....wonder why they are leaving? (other than of course it's hotter than hell and we ALL want to leave this time of year )

I hope they will continue to host some good clinics---since Melanie's leaving I hope they will still be able to get good clinics. It is such a nice facility.

Too bad it is at least an hour from my house
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "There is just as much horse sense as ever, but the horses have most of it"

Default No Melanie Will Still

be a HUGE supporter of this area and our USDF region! She promises to continue to promote exclusive clinics (Hilda Gurney is there this weekend doing a symposium) and she intends to start having dressage schooling shows at the ranch.

Quote Originally Posted by SueCoo2 View Post
    be a HUGE supporter of this area and our USDF region! She promises to continue to promote exclusive clinics (Hilda Gurney is there this weekend doing a symposium) and she intends to start having dressage schooling shows at the ranch.
    I can't make the sympoium this weekend but schooling shows there will be FABULOUS! Where do I sign up
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "There is just as much horse sense as ever, but the horses have most of it"

Quote Originally Posted by flshgordon View Post
    I hope they will continue to host some good clinics---since Melanie's leaving I hope they will still be able to get good clinics. It is such a nice facility.

Too bad it is at least an hour from my house
    We are, at the moment, the "official" HDS clinic site because of the nice horse and spectator facilities and the guest houses, so I suspect we'll continue to get great clinics. Plus, a number of the Canaan young horses are staying with Martha (who was the former Canaan Ranch trainer), and between Susan and the other boarders, there is no shortage of nice horses or willing participants...

AND, there's RC, the Wonder Pony who became the QH breed TRAINING LEVEL CHAMPION (did I mention TRAINING LEVEL CHAMPION) on only a few outings...amm2cd's mom announced it to the whole June HDS show , amm2cd, you have to tell your mom now everyone on COTH knows! She'll be so proud!

J.

Well, I am glad to see that RC is getting the noteriety that he deserves
    No one is happier then my mom to hear that RC's averaging 66% (he is, as several judges have written: "Steady Eddie")... Now I have to figure out how to keep her from over-treating him at the championships..... He'll look like a balloon by the end of the show....