The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fiener Stern, passed---did you all know this?

I'm so sad.

I thought I read something on here that it was a rumor, now found that it is true.

How sad.
    *Better to have loved than to have never loved at all.*
    ALWAYS Blessings NEVER losses.

Very sad, he was a fantastic horse.
    And, I believe hi name is spelled Feiner Stern.

Sucks big time. I have a nice gelding by him that I absolutely love. I had wished that I could breed another like him... don't suppose there is any frozen available, is there?
    I may have been away for a while, but I'm not gone yet!

Crayola posse ~Magenta

Yes, the news circulated a few weeks ago but it has been very difficult to confirm as his owner will not return phone calls. As I said a while back, it is a tragedy what happened with this stallion. He should have spent his last years as the honored sire he was, instead of languishing out of sight and out of mind until the end. I think N.A. breeders have lost a treasure - lucky are those who have Feiner Stern daughters in their broodmare bands. It is rather poignant to think that he has an offspring going to the Olympics this year (Falcao, Austria).

Quote Originally Posted by DownYonder View Post
    Yes, the news circulated a few weeks ago but it has been very difficult to confirm as his owner will not return phone calls. As I said a while back, it is a tragedy what happened with this stallion. He should have spent his last years as the honored sire he was, instead of languishing out of sight and out of mind until the end. I think N.A. breeders have lost a treasure - lucky are those who have Feiner Stern daughters in their broodmare bands. It is rather poignant to think that he has an offspring going to the Olympics this year (Falcao, Austria).
    This makes me so angry. When other great stallions pass their death is announced and people have a chance to remember the old man and be thankful for all he did. Eurodressage should have posted this news with a write up about what a great stallion he was.... as well as Dressagedaily... GRRRR!! He deserved so much more than a word of mouth "Feiner Stern is dead".....

This is a nice link to pics of the old man in 03 and 06... You'd think he would have at least had a bath if he was having visitors, but he sure does look good considering...

http://www.digitalpoint.com/~robinq/...y/Feiner_Stern

And my beautiful 03 colt by him...

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/m...Nuget1Year.jpg

hessy, that may be a tad bit unfair on both counts. I am sure that once that it is confirmed that Feiner Stern is gone that there will be articles in his honor. Often times, it takes months for those articles to come out.

In regards to grooming the stallions prior to visits, we have people show up unannounced to see the stallions frequently. Of course, they are groomed if an appointment is scheduled and while they are groomed daily, it never fails that they are dusty when someone shows up unexpectedly.
    Silver Creek Farms - home of Apiro & Validation
    Visit us on facebook!

Quote Originally Posted by showjumpers66 View Post
    hessy, that may be a tad bit unfair on both counts. I am sure that once that it is confirmed that Feiner Stern is gone that there will be articles in his honor. Often times, it takes months for those articles to come out.

In regards to grooming the stallions prior to visits, we have people show up unannounced to see the stallions frequently. Of course, they are groomed if an appointment is scheduled and while they are groomed daily, it never fails that they are dusty when someone shows up unexpectedly.
    What happened to him is what is "unfair". I would just like to see him remembered..

I am sure he will be.
    Silver Creek Farms - home of Apiro & Validation
    Visit us on facebook!

How he finished off his life as a sire is upsetting, I see nothing wrong with those pictures. Horses get dirty, he looks well cared for - particulary considering he was 20 in those pictures.

We had a sales horse in the barn for a month or so by FS, and he could be the spitting image of his sire with a bigger blaze

Quote Originally Posted by showjumpers66 View Post
    I am sure he will be.
    Well, here's his video.... for those that would like to remember him now...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fApmNAIKo-A

What a shame! I DO hope they have frozen. FS was one of those stallions who was always "on the list," but somehow it never happened. Lovely old guy.

Quote Originally Posted by goodmorning View Post
    I see nothing wrong with those pictures. Horses get dirty, he looks well cared for - particulary considering he was 20 in those pictures.
    Um... I did say he looks good when I posted those pics, considering he wasn't clean.

Who is the source for his demise?

Quote Originally Posted by Oakstable View Post
    Who is the source for his demise?
    There was a recent thread about this which offers more information on how he spent his final months...

Search for - Feiner Stern? What has become of him?

Quote Originally Posted by Horsecrazy27 View Post
    I'm so sad.

I thought I read something on here that it was a rumor, now found that it is true.

How sad.
    How did you find out it was true? Who is the source?

I imagine that the various registries, publications, websites, etc., are loathe to make an announcement until it is confirmed by his owner.

Oakstable, I heard he died from a blood clot in his penis, but I don't know if he was euthanized or if he died naturally.

Quote Originally Posted by DownYonder View Post
    I imagine that the various registries, publications, websites, etc., are loathe to make an announcement until it is confirmed by his owner.
    Yes, I agree.... this is what makes me so angry. Chuck won't confirm his death, so therefore his death/life goes unrecognized. That's just not right...

The horses were Heike's thing. She can verify the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakstable View Post
    The horses were Heike's thing. She can verify the facts.
    Assuming Chuck will even tell her. Remember that Chuck won Feiner Stern in the divorce.