The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Anthem, I remember your story about not being asked for his papers at the show, and I was shocked. Cardinal rule # 1 at a breed show is to see at least a copy of the entry's registration papers. So instead of having your entry politely refused, you became an instant professional--that stinks. BUT---keep trying to track everything down--I was just going through my files and found the papers of a horse I had that died in '98--sometimes stuff just ends up at the back of a file folder! If someone can find them, or will sign an affidavit that they have been lost, you can get duplicate papers--it's worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Anthem, I remember your story about not being asked for his papers at the show, and I was shocked. Cardinal rule # 1 at a breed show is to see at least a copy of the entry's registration papers. So instead of having your entry politely refused, you became an instant professional--that stinks. BUT---keep trying to track everything down--I was just going through my files and found the papers of a horse I had that died in '98--sometimes stuff just ends up at the back of a file folder! If someone can find them, or will sign an affidavit that they have been lost, you can get duplicate papers--it's worth a try.

Yeah, was kind of unfortunate. I have no business being a pro! haha!

And I am definitely moving forward with this process!!! I would REALLY like to be able to show in both worlds...As much as I love the USEF world, the QH folks are AWFULLY nice..and seems like they have A LOT of fun!!!
    That would be nice if I could have an affadavit cover me, in case we are notable totrack down the original...The woman at AQHA basically said I was outta luck if we can't find them...made no mention on duplicate papers.....which doesnt seem like an unreasonable rewuest....

I've had duplicates issued for papers that were lost in a fire. It's a bit of an ordeal but definitely do-able. Be persistant! Maybe there's something on the AQHA website or in the rulebook addressing that.

Im ON it.

The very nice veterinarian from VA that bred him is going to call me back today...

I'm hopeful!

Thanks for the encouragement!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sparky View Post
    Nah--there's a couple of us scattered here and there! And Houston, L and her daughter G were in the Big Apple last weekend and heard your good news!
    Yea, can you believe it!! Still riding Emmett and getting ready for grad school in the Fall. Maybe back in the show ring before too long. A big Hi to L as well.

Quote Originally Posted by houston View Post
    Yea, can you believe it!! Still riding Emmett and getting ready for grad school in the Fall. Maybe back in the show ring before too long. A big Hi to L as well.

Good luck in Grad School, glad to know Emmett is well. Hope to see you in the ring again sooner rather then later.

Nancy

12th floor of the Acme building in a city that knows how to keep it's secrets.

You realize this
    Quote Originally Posted by eqprincess92 View Post
    I'm looking for something rather young and very fancy.
    and this
    on a budget
    are mutually exclusive?
    You will not rise to the occasion, you will default to your level of training.

Just finished up the first approved Quarter Horse H-J classes at a big open H-J show (more on this later), and the well known show manager at this show, Tommy McIntyre said he intends to incorporate AQHA H-J classes into his numerous A Circuit shows in the near future.

Sparky, Big News! - Tommy McIntyre (through a client) has High Prairie all but bought, and will continue to run big shows there, and make many improvements.

Anthem35, I would get a DNA test kit from AQHA (involves a wisp of mane hair sent in) and get that going right away, in case you need it to prove your horse is who you say he is - you might ask AQHA if he was DNA typed (on his papers) -he may be old enough to pre-date that. Luckily AQHA was (hopefully still is) running a Big Sale on transfers, whereas you can get all former ownerships transferred for one $15. fee. Remember, I sat down with a biggie from AQHA in January about something else, but ran your case by him as an anonymous 'for instance', and he said there was a good chance you could retain your amateur status, if you can prove you owned the horse on the day you showed him. Show did not advise you as they should have.
    Last edited by Plumcreek; Jul. 25, 2008 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anthem35 View Post
    Im ON it.

The very nice veterinarian from VA that bred him is going to call me back today...

I'm hopeful!

Thanks for the encouragement!!!!!!

Pardon my nosiness! Your horse is quite nice. Do you remember who he is by?

We have an appendix gelding by Brilliantly Bold that is 16.3 and an absolute tank.

http://fouroaksfarmva.com/images/TobyGFinals200.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Plumcreek View Post
    Just finished up the first approved Quarter Horse H-J classes at a big open H-J show (more on this later), and the well known show manager at this show, Tommy McIntyre said he intends to incorporate AQHA H-J classes into his numerous A Circuit shows in the near future.

Sparky, Big News! - Tommy McIntyre (through a client) has High Prairie all but bought, and will continue to run big shows there, and make many improvements..
    Wow, that's wonderful--Tommy does a great job. Sounds like your "baby" got off the ground in a big way!

I have my appendix gelding by Coats N Tails up at HITS showing in the baby greens. He tromped around in the mud this past week without batting an eye. No ribbons, but its his first show over fences, and hes up against some tough competition. Aside from some baby mistakes (he eats up the lines and is still learning that there are different speeds of the canter, and just learned about lead changes 3 weeks ago), he would be right up there in the ribbons. His jump is lovely and his attitude is great. I even hacked him around in the GP stadium and he cantered around in there like he had grown up with all of those big jumps and flowers around him. Now that is what I love about a QH!

After HITS he will get a couple weeks of chill time, maybe a couple local shows after that, and then I figure I'll give the congress a try. He really seems to love being a hunter.

I have a quarter pony and she is a large pony, but does not look overly "QH."
    She has placed well at some of the A shows I have taken her to in the pony divisions, and she's brave to boot. She is quiet enough for the hunters, has beautiful form over fences and points those little toes on the flat, but is also a dynamite jumper and can turn on a dime.
    I really think it just depends on the quarter horse. I have seen quite a few that have been succesful in both the hunter and jumper ring.
    ~*Little Miss Sunshine*~
    aka Superfreak, Sammie, Samantha, and The Pants

Quote Originally Posted by BybeeGirl View Post

We have an appendix gelding by Brilliantly Bold that is 16.3 and an absolute tank.

Thanks!!!!

I really know nada about Ted's breeding...The vet who bred him from VA does seem to breed a lot though...I know he has Skipper in his Dad,s name, but thats it...

Thanks for the idea of DNA testing!!! I WILL do that!!! I really cant imagine that its going to be hard to prove I owned him...Lord knows I have the bills to prove it!!

On a side note-My Horse was Champion at HITS this weekend!!! yay!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BybeeGirl View Post

WOW! they do kind of look alike!!!!

Congratulations Anthem! What division did he show in?
    POYBGP, member in good standing.

Default HAHA!

Ya know? I have no idea!!!

He's with one of the trainers from MVHC...As she's a pro, I can only guess at the divisions he'd be in the hunters...I try to not be an over-bearing Mother, more try to keep a loose rein, so to speak..As long as he's in good care, which he is, and they dont show over 3', which they don't, I'm happy.

Any news from your camp this weekend? Did you get the tapes?

Yes, the tapes came thank you very much, and thank goodness no horses for us this weekend! You must find out what division(s) your horse showed in, the wife is going up there to watch for a couple of days this week,
    POYBGP, member in good standing.

A weekend with no horses can be a very good weekend in fact!!!
    I thiiiink my horse is on his way home...I'm fairly certian he was just there for that show...Hoping, that is...I'm showing Aug 9th, and would like to be able to get on at least ONCE befiore I don my show garb and step foot shamelessly into the ring!!!
    Glad the tapes came!~

Default fancy horse?

I finally got around to scanning a couple of pictures from my last show and figuring out where to post them. At least I think this will work; it's my first time trying it. My boy is all QH, not Appendix, and is by a Superior Halter Horse sire no less. The judge had this to say about him: "a beautiful horse, great quality and ideal, clean movement, incredible stride, and a perfect canter." Granted this wasn't a rated show, but really, if I could ride worth a crap, I wouldn't hesitate to take him to the A's. He easily jumps 4'. Getting a piece of the action is always the issue, but I think HE could figure it out. And for what it's worth, we did come out on top in Green Hunters.

http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...andingFix1.jpg

for some reason the first one won't link, just go backwards from this.
    Last edited by mortebella; Aug. 5, 2008 at 11:30 PM. Reason: crappy link

a girl at my barn has a lovely appendix gelding she takes to all the big A's and AAs and does extremely well in the hi childrens and jr jumpers. they are quite the pair!
    (|--Sarah--|)

Blitz <3 & Leap of Faith <3