The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Looking for hay in Bucks County. Prefer tim/ orchard, no alf.
    Round or square bales. Can pick up smaller loads myself.
    email: sillybunny11486@yahoo.com

Default Hay available in So. Central Ky

small square bales of mixed grass hay

and small sq. bales of timothy/festolium/orchard grass mix

round bales also available

we are approximately 1 hr 45 mins. south of Lexington/Louisville
    about 2 hrs north of Nashville

pm if interested

thanks!

Hay available in South Jersey... It's 1st cutting, and because of the weather it was cut a little late, but the horses love it and it's clean and mold-free. Good timothy, no alfalfa. We use it for our own and have some extra to share (and will have extra to share on the 2nd/possible 3rd cutting as well!).

Five dollars a bale, you pick up. Can work out something for delivering if you need it!

PM for any more questions

100-200 bales available in Burlington, NC. Very nice quality (Orchard/Fescue?) hay. Green, leafy, not rained on and dry. $4.00/bale. For second cut will sell for $3.50/bale if you are willing to get out of field. Contact for more details. Also have approx. 10-15 round bales of first cut for cows or goats.
    In order not to be criticised:
    Do nothing.
    Say nothing.
    Be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara in TN View Post
    they are in two different planes nutritionally

one is steak, the other that nasty grape nuts we as children

Tamara in TN
    Haha thats really funny and a great way to put it!! Happy haying!!
    In order not to be criticised:
    Do nothing.
    Say nothing.
    Be nothing.

ahkoch Guest

Default Clover/Orchardgrass Hay in Central KY

I have ~1000 bales of Clover/Orchardgrass hay from 1st cutting 2010 available in Bourbon County, Kentucky. We are only looking for $3 per bale if you pick it up from us. Arrangements could be made for delivery.

Pirouette Farm in Norwich, Vermont (10 minutes to Interstates 91 and 89) has 3000 bales of excellent, early and soft mixed grass 1st cutting and 2000 bales of premium 2nd cutting grass hay available. Price per ~45 lb bale is $3.50 (1st) and $4.50 (2nd) at our farm. Nicest hay we've had in years.

Can arrange shipping all the way to Florida with flower trucks that go home empty.

Email mspiro1@aol.com or call 802-649-8810.
    \"I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with someone who is unarmed.\"--Pogo

Quote Originally Posted by shantihorse View Post
    Looking for a nice quality grass/alfalfa mix that my horse will love! Please PM me with prices and details. Thanks! Located between Middleburg and The Plains.
    Looking once again for very good quality grass hay and some alfalfa mix hay as well. Anyone in Northern VA or who delivers to this area, please PM with details. Have others at my barn interested too, so could be a big sale for right hay!

I am looking for good horse quality Timothy hay. I have 190 bales of Orchard Grass hay that I would like to sell if I can get some Timothy hay to replace it. The reason to change from Orchard Grass is my two horses are too heavy and I need to have them lose some weight over the winter.

I live in Berryvile, VA area, near Winchester, VA.

I am glad my wife does not read this site! She would think that is a "great" suggestion!

Default Timothy Hay

I am no longer looking for timothy hay.

Bob Oren

due to a decrease in the number of critters, we've got a hay surplus. 1000+lbs round bales, good quality, first cutting horse hay. Grass mix, has been stored inside. $40 per bale, in Gansevoort, NY

hi all

I am deleting all my old ads for hay which is now sold

thanks!

Tamara in TN
    Production Acres,Pro A Welsh Cobs
    I am one of the last 210,000 remaining full time farmers in America.We feed the others.

Locally grown alfalfa, alf/orchard mix, timothy, and mixed grass hay available. Excellent quality hay, from "racehorse fuel" straight alfalfa to "pony-approved" grass hay. Supplies major TB farms-- Gainesway, Millenium, Eaton, etc-- and racetracks, as well as feed dealers. Price ranges from $4-$9/bale depending on variety and delivery cost. Shipping anywhere in central Ky, also have truckloads heading south to FL, GA, and LA. Straw and grass bedding also available, reasonable prices.

My horses and farm broodmares eat this alf/orchard mix and LOVE it!

Cut, baled, & sold by T. Dyer
    859-270-7173
    “A clever person solves a problem. A wise person avoids it.”
    ? Albert Einstein

~AJ~

High Pointe Guest

Smile High Pointe Hay

We have high quality timothy hay farm grown and available in Hunterdon County,NJ. It is organically bio-fertilized without toxins or pesticides mixed in during the growing cycle. It is safe for breeding mares and foals, and better for the health of all horses. Discounts for large orders and pick up. Call Jeff at 908-894-4218.

Default Need good Alfalfa/Timothy or Alfalfa/Grass hay

Need clean, mold-free, alfalfa/timothy mix for 4 racehorses in NY area. Please PM me if you have any referrals. Thanks!
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain

I am looking for nice clean orchard mix round bales (BIG ONES) in the Raleigh NC area. My horse is boarded in Holly Springs and I will need bales delivered.

please PM me with any info. Thanks!

Default NORTH TEXAS - tim/alf and brome/clover

I have 250 bales of tim/alf from N. Michigan. Beautiful 50lb bales for $12.

And 300 bales of brome/clover from N. Kansas. 60 lbs. for $10.

We can drop ship semis of the tim/alf for those not in the DFW area or for large amounts (last truck had 710 bales on it!) for a reduced price.
    www.debracysporthorses.com
    Home of Sea Accounts xx
    AHS/HV, ATA, GOV, RPSI, JC, AQHA, APHA, APtHA
    "LIKE" www.facebook.com/SeaAccounts

Default hay lift info

Hay Lifts Under Way In Several States

Farm and non-farm organizations in several states are helping livestock producers in drought regions gain hay supplies for the upcoming feeding season. Among the projects:
    Iowa: Cattle and horse hay is being collected for shipment to livestock producers in Texas by the Northeastern Iowa Synod of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. The Iowa group is also accepting monetary donations to alleviate transportation costs and seeking drivers and trucks to transport the hay. For more information, contact Rev. Harold McMillin at 563-880-5052 or email stjohnsph@alpinecom.net.
    Nebraska: The Nebraska Cattlemen continues updating a list of individuals with available grass for lease or other type of forage for sale. The list is being distributed to cattle associations in drought-affected states. Individuals from outside Nebraska can also sign up. All agreements will be handled between the produc ers involved. For more information, call 402-475-2333.
    New York: The Chenango County Farm Bureau asks local farmers to donate hay for distribution in Texas. It would like to hear from anyone willing to provide transportation or to help load. For more information, call 607-334-6061.
    Ohio: The Ohio Cattlemen's Association (OCA) and Ohio Department of Agriculture are looking for state cattle producers interested in selling or donating hay to counterparts in Texas and other drought-stricken states. Many Ohio cattlemen will donate hay if recipients pay for shipping, according to officials. They should email beef@ohiobeef.org or call the OCA office at 614-873-6736 with the following information: amount of hay available (tons), age of hay (2011 or 2010 crop), type of hay (grass, etc.), bale type, purchase price or available for donation (recipient pays shipping), name and contact information.
    Wisconsin : Family Farm Defenders, a farmer-organized non-profit, is collecting donations of any type of quality hay – small square, large round or square bales – for delivery to Oklahoma. Those interested can contact Randy Jasper at 608-553-2203 or John Kinsman at 608-986-3815 for drop-off locations and times. The group also welcomes financial contributions to support the hay-lift effort. Send checks to Family Farm Defenders, P.O. Box 1772, Madison, WI 53701. (Write "hay lift" in the memo line.) Gifts are tax-deductible.
    Editor's Note: If you know of other organizations or individuals involved in similar efforts or projects, drop us a note at rmooney234@gmail.com. Include phone or email contact information.
    Production Acres,Pro A Welsh Cobs
    I am one of the last 210,000 remaining full time farmers in America.We feed the others.

Default Looking for Hay

I am looking for 30 bales of hay, orchard or orchard/alfalfa hay to Aldie Virginia. Looking for delivery as well.

Thanks!
    Grab mane and kick on!

www.rocksolid-training.com