The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default I HAVE HAY!!

In an effort to help feed hungry horse mouths across the country, the Chronicle has given the go-ahead to relax the advertising rules a bit in the Hay Forum ONLY.

Use this thread to post a FREE notice of hay you have available for sale. Please keep the wheeling and dealing specifics behind the scenes, so the thread doesn't get cluttered.

Make your post easy to read -- clearly post your (or the hay's ) location, amount available, type, etc. If you sell out, come on back to delete your post or edit it to reflect that it's no longer available.

We'll tweak the rules/concept if necessary if there are any problems and feel free to contact us with suggestions.

Thanks,
    Mod 1

1 members found this post helpful.

Default Bermuda squares for sale. Summerville GA

Hay guys LOL. SKA has once again done hay this year. We have gorgeous heavy, dry and sweet smelling bermuda for sale. $6 a bale at the barn, delivery possible if not too far.

This is some of our best hay ever.

email at sunkissedacres@charter.net or call 706-734-0681
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement

Tamara,

Do you guys commercial ship to FL?????????
    "Sometimes you just have to shut up and color."

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by ponygirl View Post
    Tamara,

Do you guys commercial ship to FL?????????[/QUOTE
    ]

yes of course...you'd need to ring Calvin for details
    423 346 7909
    Production Acres,Pro A Welsh Cobs
    I am one of the last 210,000 remaining full time farmers in America.We feed the others.

I have found several local farmers selling hay for $4 per bale (50 pound bales) and even 1000 pound round bales for around $35-$40 each. I found lots on Craig's List.

Location?

Anyone have hay that is soft - soft enough for an aged (but healthy) horse that has chewing problems due to some molars issues? I'm running out of what I have now and my source has no more.

She quids (wads up) her hay and it falls out, but she CAN get by on really nice soft hay. She grew up on Timothy-alfalfa mix, so there's ALSO the problem of her turning up her nose at hay that is less flavorful (i.e. bermuda). She's getting some dengie but I prefer also giving her some hay too so she has something to do when she's inside her stall.
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain

Default Near Waynesboro, Virginia

Sugar Loaf Farms
    Growing Orchard hay
    Teff Hay
    Small square bales
    Prices varie on cut and quality form $3.00 to $7.00
    Delivery offered
    Mark Ferguson 540-447-6881
    www.homesteadsporthorses.com
    Boarding FULLY HEATED BARN
    Foaling with webcam
    Horse Trailer Rental/ trailering

Default Alf/Grass Squares-Sarasota,FL

ALFALFA (MI)-We bring our our own semi with loads of hay to the polo club in Sarasota, FL to feed our own horses and supply the club members. Due to the decrease in members at the club this winter, we are looking to get outside customers. Hay is northern MI hay, average 68-75 lbs, alfalfa. They have actually been weighed--these are not small little kick bales, they are big, heavy bales, tightly baled. One bale will feed about 12 horses a good sized lunch. Clean, green hay. You pickup/load. $15.50/bale. If you are interested purchasing, please PM me and tell me how many bales you would want. Hay will be coming until April/May. We can also get alf/grass and first cutting if you desire it. Please inquire.

Thanks,
    Amy
    248-760-5178
    Last edited by Summerwood; Dec. 4, 2008 at 12:48 PM. Reason: update

Default Just bought some really nice VT hay

Bought beautiful first and second cut hay from near Ludlow, Vermont, and had it shipped by a really nice trucker who helped unload. Call Kevin (the farmer) 802-773-6687 for pricing - costs will be influenced by how far you ship because the shipper bills by the hour. He didn't have a lot of second cut left but the first cut was nice, too.

Lincoln, what kind of hay(s) is the VT farmer selling?
    "I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Mark Twain

Default need bermuda, fescue, or alfalfa mixed with these for allergenic mare

I need to find fescue, bermuda, or alfalfa mixed with these hays. I have a mare that i just found out is allergic to everything but these. I have 2 other horses that I have a nice supply of orchard grass for. I need about 20 bales and am willing to trade 20 bales of my nice orchard grass for. I live in Pennsylvania.

Default NW Georgia: Fescue and More

I saw this farm advertising on Craigslist and bought some hay myself. GREAT prices. They charge $3.50 per bale (square bale) while some of the private barns, etc. are selling it for $5 + per bale.

Hill City Farm Services
    We have hay for sale - wholesale to all!
    Jasper, Georgia
    404-358-6647
    706-253-9090
    If wishes were horses then beggars would ride...
    DLA: Draft Lovers Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by talkofthetown View Post
    As in, the majikal butterfly-fahting gypsy vanners.

I just got a load and I'm getting another of straight alfalfa. $7/bale very very nice stuff

Southeast Hay Guest

Default Southeast Hay Distributors - Located in Wellington FL

Hello all,

Southeast Hay Distributors is located in Wellington, Florida and we are dedicated to bringing only top quality hay to our consumers. We offer a wide variety of forage and hay products to meet the needs of both leisure and professional equestrians.

Pricing varies depending on delivery. Bulk orders will be discounted accordingly.

Do you want a premium quality product? We stand behind out product 100%.

Why work with us?

- Reliable delivery times
    - Last minute delivery is available anywhere in the state of Florida. (Only on in-stock products)
    - We are members of the National Hay Association and ship hay all over the country.

We work with the top growers in the United States which guarentees your consistancy. For futher information, you may contact our office located in Wellington, Florida. Ask for Alex.

We also offer custom baling, custom orders, on-site storage solutions, and much much more. Need bagged shavings delivered with your order? Not a problem, just let us know!

Best Regards,

Alexander Christensen

Office: (561)623-9009
    Haysales@southeasthay.com

Southeast Hay Distributors, Inc.
    3132 Fortune Way, D-3
    Wellington, Fl 33414

Online at: www.southeasthay.com

SmithFamilyFarm Guest

Default Hay in Northern VA

Smith Family Farm has large square bales for sale, 27" H x 4' W x 8' L, Cool Season and Warm Season Grasses available. Price varies. Will deliver, hay located in Gainesville, VA. Please feel free to call with any questions!

Brad & Leigh Smith
    Smith Family Farm
    703-898-6573
    571-220-0017
    www.beefandhayproducer.com

Default looking for good hay west coast fl

Does anyone have northern mix hay for sale in west central fl for a reasonable price??
    Corner Stone Farm
    Weeki Wachee,FL .Follow us on FB!

Default I'm Moving and Need to Sell my Hay!

I bought a ton of really nice second cutting Eastern Oregon orchard grass hay on January 2nd. Now, I'm moving to a full care facility. It's beautiful hay without weeds, mold, dust, etc. I paid over $300 for a ton. The bales are about 120 lbs, so 17 to the ton. Plus shipping at $30. I have about 10 or so bales left, $17 each, cash and carry.

I'm located in Portland, OR.

I have connected with a hay guy who regularly runs semi loads between growers in PA and the Richmond area; he also grows some down there himself, I think. He is a very reliable source of high quality hay; a friend has been using him for YEARS. I have only recently been able to store a reasonable enough quantity for it to be worthwhile to use him/vice versa. I meet him on the road with my trailer as his truck won't fit in my driveway. I have gotten 3 beautiful loads from him at between $7-8 per bale, bales I've weighed are 50+lbs.

I will be meeting him in Marshall VA in the next 1 to 1-1/2 weeks for another batch. If you are anywhere between PA and Richmond on 81 north of us or 95 below us, he will meet you or deliver to you.

He will run loads to FL--has started to establish contacts in Wellington; didn't get as far as the second feed store when a pvt barn bought his whole truckload--not sure what his prices are that far south b/c of the freight cost.

Email me (no spaces: M C L E Q @ aol.com) or PM me for details.

Default Hay/Straw - Fredericksburg PA (Lebanon Co)

First cutting orchard grass hay. Horse quality with no dust or mold. $4/bale at barn.

Wheat straw also available for $3/bale at barn.

Delivery available for additional charge within 50 miles of zip 17026. Call 717-933-9211 or email.