The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Sweet 3-legged cat in KY needs good home- PICS ADDED! :)

I went to the shelter the other day and lo and behold I saw an adorable and sweet light orange cat staring at me with a badly injured open leg wound. He meowed at me and came right over and was very sweet and affectionate in spite of what must have been quite a bit of pain. Our shelter is in a small town and only charges $15 for each adoption fee, they just don't have the resources to try and save every animal so I knew he'd be put down.

SO, I forked over $100 for this sweet cat to get surgery- his leg, and his "other appendages" while they were at it, were removed today. He tolerated surgery well and will have to stay there about a week to get antibiotic shots since there was already infection in it. He will probably need antibiotics by mouth after that, which I am happy to pay for. I absolutely cannot have another indoor cat. I have a new barn he could live in, but I really want him to get a good loving inside home so he doesn't get eaten by anything. He is obviously at a disadvantage.

He is a beautiful cat, very sweet and affectionate, and will make someone a great pet. Plus he only has one front paw so how much damage can he do to your furniture?! They think he is 2-3yo, UTD on shots, and should be ready in about a week.

Hoping someone here can help me find him a great home. I'll go see him tomorrow and try and get pics to post. He is too cute, a very cool cat. And I am not even a cat person, so you know he must be cool for me to shell out $100 for a random cat! Any help you can give would be wonderful, he got a second chance from me, hoping someone else can give him a third!! I call him Moe, but since I just met him I'm pretty sure he doesn't know his name yet ...
    Last edited by buschkn; Jul. 20, 2008 at 04:01 PM.
    Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved. - William Jennings Bryan

http://www.halcyon-hill.com

bumping this. I have pics I can email. buschkn at aol dot com.

ANY help is most appreciated. Even someone with a "real" barn for him would be preferable. Mine is still just a big empty shell, not really the sort of place cats choose to call home. No place to hide or even play, and no way for me to keep him in it. TIA!
    Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved. - William Jennings Bryan

Awww... I would take him if I didn't have a completely anti-social-with-other-animals cat!!!
    FREE TACK/APPAREL ADS: BITS AND BARTER BOARD: http://bitsandbarter.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=5450

Wow, I have a three legged kitty and everyone is always asking me for her. Surely someone can give this guy a home. If we can get him to SKA, I can give him a home till he finds one for sure. LOL I know how to keep 3 legged kitties safe and while the bully wont tolerate a dog in her home, she sure loves kitties, 3 leggers especially, LOL.

Hopefully, his new mommy will come right along.
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement

Bless you for helping out this poor kitty. I hope you are able to find him a home.

I have a cat that is about to lose a leg tomorrow - someone shot him with a pellet gun and the pellet broke his leg. The break is in a spot that is hard to stabilize and after 6 weeks, the leg still hasn't begun to heal. So it's time to amputate. This cat was a stray that adopted us - and has turned out to be one of the nicest cats that's ever owned me

Thanks for the encouragement. I figured someone would want him, he is sweet, handsome, and certainly unique! Where is SKA? It says you are in GA? Hoping to find him someplace closer, but I may take you up on it if nobody comes along...

Pics of day one post-op. Look at the little heart shaped smudge on the cage behind him. See- it's a sign, you neeeed him. Or at least he neeeeds you! Any leads would be great. He is a cool cat.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RescueCat.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	118.8 KB 
ID:	21812   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RescueCat2.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	94.2 KB 
ID:	21813  

Sunkissed ACres is in NW GA, right at the corner of AL and TN. I would be a good home for him till he is adopted for sure and he wont feel funny with another three legged kitty here LOL. I have a safe yard that mine plays in and all the dogs around here are 3legged kitty safe.

If he needs a place to go, its an option and if by chance I happen to fall in love, he will have a forever home. I lost my other kitty a short time ago and finding that special one is hard. I am an option.
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement

Thank you so much! If he doesn't find a home soon I will let you know. He seems like a cool cat and I would love to just place him in a forever home. He should be cleared to leave the shelter later this week. Posted flyers at work and putting the word out, but SKA sounds like a nice place.

Update on the kitty. The shelter has been calling him Louie, I was calling him Moe, you can call him your! He is doing great and is VERY sweet and loving. I was able to cuddle him today for the first time, his amputation site does not seem to be bothering him and he is getting around just fine. He is chatty in his cage and just curled right up in my arms and purred and let me pet him. He is a very nice cat and needs a forever home, preferably an inside one so he doesn't risk getting eaten or injured again.