The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default this is really funny!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...rg%2C+Virginia

remind me again why I live here??
    haha!

Funny...

But I do seem to remember hearing that some wealthy woman..who's father earnt a FORTUNE in seeling guns to naughty countries...killed her polo playing boyfriend...
    Such scandal in such a prissy town.

Then of course there all those grooms of famous event riders who park in the handicap spaces and get caught

Middleburg is SO getto!!!

Who would have thought?

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

I think it really depends on who you hang out with. Yes there are a lot of well to do pricks and self-inflating sissy polo players hanging around but not everyone out there is that bad.
    SPACE FOR RENT

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    I think it really depends on who you hang out with. Yes there are a lot of well to do pricks and self-inflating sissy polo players hanging around but not everyone out there is that bad.
    Yes they ARE! haha!
    Just kidding. I work for a living.. and know one or two other people that do, too.. well maybe one.. actually I'm the only one I know...

hee hee

I know the class of people you hang out with doodle!!! Aren't they infact ushered out by sundown?

No you're mistaken ... they get UP at sundown... don't forget they're all cokeheads!

I used to live near Middleburg, and it had the closest grocery store. My motto was 'Middleburg, why pay less?'

I've been chased down with a F-350, but never a Mercedes....hmmm.

I always found it interesting how the town changes depending on what time of day:

Early morning - people leaving with truck and trailers
    Morning - everyone who's not at the barn eating breakfast at the coach stop
    late morning-afternoon - those as described by urban dictionary.
    Night - trucks lining the street in front of the pub
    LATE night - trucks swerving back to the farms

gotta love middleburg!
    Last edited by roki143; Jul. 17, 2008 at 01:12 PM. Reason: illiteracy

being chased by a mercedes is so much more glamorous.

yep, the urban dictionary pretty much sums that place up.

there are some good people there (yellow rose and mr. yellow rose).

give me my culpeper rednecks any day of the week over the hoity-toity richies in the berg.

I thought Middleburg was bad...check out my hometown!!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...=Newport+Beach

I'm allowed to shop in Middleburg - but I have to use the back entrances. Evidently their zoning ordinance prohibits anyone with a BMI over 18 to be seen on Main Street.

It works out because the tack stores and Journeyman's isn't on Main Street anyway. It does make parking the big truck difficult - but I so enjoy the crunching sound a new Mercedes makes when I run into it that I really don't mind.

I've managed to make it out of Middleburg without frightening small children - to make my way back to the other side of the tracks; where men are men, women are ugly, and sheep are nervous.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by J Swan View Post
    I'm allowed to shop in Middleburg - but I have to use the back entrances. Evidently their zoning ordinance prohibits anyone with a BMI over 18 to be seen on Main Street.

It works out because the tack stores and Journeyman's isn't on Main Street anyway. It does make parking the big truck difficult - but I so enjoy the crunching sound a new Mercedes makes when I run into it that I really don't mind.

I've managed to make it out of Middleburg without frightening small children - to make my way back to the other side of the tracks; where men are men, women are ugly, and sheep are nervous.

Your a hoot!!!!! When are we all having lunch again in Warrenton, unless we bribe the gate keepers and get into Middleburg
    RIP Kelly 1977-2007 "Wither thou goest, so shall I"

"To tilt when you should withdraw is Knightly too."

Seems fairly obvious the author isn't from Middleburg. Presumably Middleburgers (sorry, that just sounds like a Big Mac) are well educated enough to be able to spell "its," "antireligion," etc.
    So, assuming the author isn't from Middleburg, I'll also assume he/she doesn't know what he/she is talking about!
    Founder of the People Who Prefer COTH Over FB Clique
    People Who Hate to Rush to Kill Wildlife Clique!
    "I Sing Silly Songs to My Animals!" Clique

Quote Originally Posted by Eventer55 View Post
    Your a hoot!!!!! When are we all having lunch again in Warrenton, unless we bribe the gate keepers and get into Middleburg

It's a date - give me a few weeks notice so I can dye my roots and start purging.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

Quote Originally Posted by Eventer55 View Post
    I'm trying to figure out a good date/place for a comprehensive get-together but being as we are in the middle of the summer shows, it's hard to find something that works for everyone or even a good amount of people. I'm thinking old town Leesburg or Warrenton would be great places to get together given their charm and beauty. Middleburg is certainly a possibility but not many of the establishements can support a decent sized group from what I've seen of them.
    SPACE FOR RENT

I thought it was funny, but I have never been to Middleburg before so I will not judge, I did however find that the St. Louis one was pretty right on. Check it out if your interested.
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...term=st.+louis

If you're really just talking about lunch in Middleburg, then the Italian restaurant, Salvia's, can hold a lot of people, and the food is great. Also, the place is always empty.

The Red Fox can also hold a number of people, but there aren't too many other places that can. Lunch on the patio at the Red Horse Tavern (Magpie's) is also an option. You can bring your dog, and they'll bring you a bowl of water for him/her. See—there are good things about Middleburg. In fact, there are very few establishments where you can't take your dog, and most places keep dog biscuits on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by J Swan View Post
    It's a date - give me a few weeks notice so I can dye my roots and start purging.
    LOL!!!

And don't forget we need to all show up in our boots, breeches, and spurs!