The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Free Lease yearling TB colt to a good home

I am looking to free lease a yearling TB colt that I bred. He is a nice looking colt with a great disposition. He does have excellent conformation. I do have pictures of him and can make a video. He is out of Super Sue By Fox Me. I am located MO but will consider other states.
    Last edited by regret; Jul. 11, 2008 at 01:29 PM. Reason: I saw that my sentence structure was awful.

I have to preface this with "I'm not trying to be rude". I am wondering though, why would a person want to free lease a yearling? Would it be to show them on the line in conformation classes? Or are you looking for a long term lease where they will eventually ride and train him?

The reason(s). I could sell him for really cheap money the way the horse market is and risk him going to slaughter or to a bad home. I can keep him and just have him hang around and do nothing or I can see if someone would be interested in leasing him for halter, dressage prospect or even racing. I bred him and I feel that I should be responsible to try and make sure he gets into a good home even if I do not make any money. It would be a life time lease but this way I can be sure (as much as possible) that he would not ever get into a bad situation.