The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default used/unwanted Western tack needed

I thought I would try here as well... I am trying to help a 12yo girl get ready to show this summer at a couple of local county fairs. She has a new horse (a rescue that we rehabbed for her) but nothing else. My saddles do not fit her. She would be showing Western Pleasure. Any suggestions, a list of needs, any tack you do not use anymore would be wonderful. I will pay shipping. I feel so bad for her - she has worked so hard to follow this dream.
    I guess we are looking for:

15" western saddle (mine are way too big for her)
    saddle pad in neutral color (mine all look horrible on him, purple is NOT his color!)
    boots (size 8 1/2)
    Geez, not sure what else she will need.

My daughter is the same age, and is showing this year as well, but she is smaller and taller and rides english.

I will do horsehair bracelets (your horsehair or ours) as a thank you. PM me for pics!

Jen

Default BUMP!

Hoping someone has extra unwanted western tack they would like to send this wonderful kid!

I have some older western leather bridles that will clean up good that someone just gave me. They are for a small head though, cob/arabian. What size do you need?
    Nobody can make you feel inferior without your permission.
    -Eleanor Roosevelt-

Default unwanted tack

The headstall he is currently using in training is taken in pretty much as far as it will go, so an arab size let out most of the way might just do it...
    Thanks for thinking of us! Please let me know how much shipping would be, if you think one of them is adjustable enough!
    Jen

Still looking for stuff? I've got an unused saddle pad (black/brown/turquoise), and an unused bling-bling headstall & reins (light oil) with turquoise crystals. Very flashy. Interested? Just PM me and we'll work it out.
    If you cannot set a good example, at least serve as a terrible warning....