The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Hehe, sorry everyone. I should have included a warning to make sure you hadn't eaten before looking at those. My mouth was hanging open through all 4 folders. I actually looked at all of them because I'm like "No, no way can they ALL be this bad..."
    Last edited by jumpingpercheron; Jul. 7, 2008 at 05:48 PM.

I feel terrible for every one of those horses. They're trying so hard.

I'm speechless. Those poor horses must be saints to put up with that (can it even be called) riding?
    Theater Majors only: Lead swap, lead swap, wherefore art thou, lead swap?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/CraziiPonii

Wow, um... can you imagine how scared that judge must have been? Also, can you imagine the difficult task which lays ahead for the new instructor at that barn, assuming they actually have a clue? I highly doubt those girls are going to like being told to come back to the basics for awhile before they can jump again.

Poor horses! I loved that paint pony. These are actually great examples of how serious equitation flaws can make it impossible for a horse to do their job safely and properly.
    Gentleman J - "Junior" - My been-there, done-that jumper

Send Your Love - "Serena" - Aug 10th 2009, Rest in Peace

Quote Originally Posted by SillyHorse View Post
    My horse is a jumping machine and very forgiving of my mistakes, but I'm pretty sure he would have decided NO MORE JUMPING - UR DOIN IT WRONG! a lot sooner than these saintly horses.
    And my mare would've decided not to jump after the first jump with me laying on her neck and pulling on her mouth. Wait, no, she wouldn't have jumped at all- she would have stopped and then stood there and laughed at me while I picked myself up from the ground.
    "The more I see, the less I know, the more I like to let it go." -Red Hot Chili Peppers

OMG.

Folder #3. Picture #3.

Jaw-dropping.

*Must refrain from bad words* *Must refrain from bad words*

P.S. I love how the photographer continued to take pictures of the girl falling in Folder 4

Now I'm not perfect but OMG!!! I feel for those horses they look like really nice well cared for horses but needs some serious help in the riding department. Can't blame it on the kids though they do as they are taught Which in this case is very sad.
    Horses aren't our whole life, but makes our life whole

Yikes. I know I stink, so I don't jump! Those were not tiny fences. Those horses were mostly saintly.
    F O.B
    Resident racing historian ~~~ Re-riders Clique
    Founder of the Mighty Thoroughbred Clique

wow...

Quote Originally Posted by Applesauce View Post
    I think GM would have a heart attack!
    Hehe, that was my very first thought too.

i can't look at it anymore, it's SUCH bad riding. they need to not even be jumping

And of course, lots of strong bits on the horses and spurs on the riders. Horse won't go around a course because you're flinging himself between his ears and hauling like heck on his mouth? KICK ON!!!!

That was awfull! Those horses are beyond saints!!
    I agree that those people should not be jumping that height, probably not jumping at all but don`t blame them completly, blame their trainer! He/She should never be allowed to train and I would hate to see what they ride like!! And I`m betting the reason that they stayed is the majority of them had no idea it was so wrong and they were keeping themselves on by their horses mouths!

Are the initials of the horse trainer OA by any chance?
    My Mustang Adventures - Mac, my mustang | Annwylid D'Lite - my Cob filly

"A horse's face always conveys clearly whether it is loved by its owner or simply used." - Anja Beran

So sad. That little pinto pony is adorable too... what a shame. The only thing that keeps my blood from completely boiling over is that the horses are in decent shape... good weight, clean, and most of the tack looks decently fitted. Now, if only the trainer could be kicked off the planet, they'd have a chance...

I don't think I've ever seen anything like that...
    I can't imagine the poor shell shocked photographer... how did they manage to keep taking those shots all day. Like being a war correspondent or something.

I don't know what time it is in Hawaii, but it's late here, and now I'm gonna have nightmares...

Seems like most of the riders are hugely overfaced. Can't really blame them though, they are listening to advice from their trainer.
    At least all the horses are look fat and (reasonably) happy which is nice to see.
    The lady on the gray in folder 3 cracks me up. She looks like she's having an absolute blast, got to admire the gusto somehow...
    Timothy, stop lurking

I don't know what time it is in Hawaii, but it's late here, and now I'm gonna have nightmares...[/QUOTE]

Me too!!!! I just shouldn't look at stuff like this before bed!!!!
    Cowboy--the gentleman & Go Baby Go--the pony with attitude!!

Crayola posse---Indigo

Dear Idiot Employer...
    You are obviously stupid for hiring the the "trainer" for these poor unfortunate "riders". OP, why were you there anyway?? What do you plan to do to to improve this complete and total lack of ANYTHING????
    I'm a judge and I would have dismissed the entire group after the first catastrophy!!!