The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Kim Severson at Poplar was $400; Phillip Dutton at the Ark is $400; JW in Thurmond NC is $350 AND he is taking BN there. Stabling is extra. It usually includes drinks during the day
    water, gatorade, soda and lunch both days for the riders. Some clinicians will do dinner with the riders some want down time at dinner. Dinner is usually and extra charge or you pay for your own food if you go to a restaurant.

Very cool! My greenie should be ready by spring too. I'd love to be on the mailing list when the time comes...
    Last edited by TheOtherHorse; Nov. 8, 2009 at 10:29 AM.

I'd like to be on the mailing list, too, when it all rolls around.

ddashaq(at)hotmail.com

I am planning to audit, but am also available to volunteer if you need any help.

I have Ian Stark in for 3 day clinics--this time the rate is $440 for the 3 days (dressage 1 day, s/j & grids and x/c), plus stabling. I always have water for participants plus a dinner one night. The exchange rate is killer right now for international clinicians...

I'm with ddashaq, I'd love to audit/volunteer!

amaboyd (at) gmail (dot) com
    Worry, doubt, fear and despair are the enemies which slowly bring us down to the ground and turn us to dust before we die.

~ Douglas MacArthur

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

Best thing you can do when you price a clinic is estimate what it's going to cost you - including clinician's fee, expenses, facility rental if any, anything offered for participants and any miscellaneous like USEA registration or advertising adding in what you want for profit if any -- then work out how many participants you EXPECT to get. I think when we were doing clinics, we estimated 75% of max participants and didn't plan on any profit (goal was the break even while allowing us to ride). We did NOT include any auditor fees just because that can be so iffy if the weather goes bad, or that way you can offer free auditing to all or to those who help jump crew or whatnot. Stabling was always on top of that and again, we expected them to simply pay for themselves. Most of the time that worked out, but do expect to cover some $$ in case you don't fill.
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

Thank you for the input! We're not trying to make a profit, we just want to break even, but I need to consider Jimmy's costs plus additional things like stabling, the facilities fee, food/drinks etc. Very helpful to hear from others!
    Fade to Grey Farm
    Eventing, Foxhunting & Connemaras
    *NEW* website:www.fadetogreyfarm.com