The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is too great! I have gone Novice, horse has not, but I want to be there!
    We're spending our money on horses and bourbon. The rest we're just wasting.
    www.dleestudio.com

6th-7th is good!

I'm currenly competing at Novice, and will have done 5 of them this year by the time Sept rolls around. I'd be comfortable doing a TL group, so long as it isn't T-about-to-go-P Actually, an Intro To Training session with JW would be fabulous! Doesn't look like AECs is in the cards this year (unless Champagne Run turns out *really* well) so the clinic would be the topper to my year

Wheee! thank you for setting this up!
    Last edited by saje; Jul. 10, 2008 at 09:45 AM.

The Area VIII Beginner Novice Championships are the last weekend in August, too. We are going to those, as well as the AEC's in the middle of September. I do hate missed opportunities. Maybe I can play jump crew?

I support either dates.

Would the format of the clinic be an all gymnastic type of clinic? Or show jumping and cross country?

Fence2fence,

Good question. If it were all gymnastics, then we could probably play. In fact, it would be a very good prep for the AEC's.

2ndyrgal,

What do you think?

Will this be a gymnastics and SJ clinic, or one day of jumps that fall down and one day that don't, to be ungrammatical about it?

Afraid I can't make it either way, mind you, but it's fun to see a clinic taking shape on line!

I'd love to do a little of both, mostly because I can never get me enough XC. And I'd love to tackle some Training questions under a Master's eye, I rarely get a chance to school XC at all, never mind in exhalted company! In reality though the gymnastic work would be very beneficial for both this rider and her horse, even though not quite as thrilling to ride

Any idea at what sort of cost we're looking at, very roughly?

Ohio: Charter Member - COTH Hockey Clique & COTH Buffy Clique

Well, I just found a relatively local unrecognized event on the 6/7th that I thougth about going to but the clinic sounds like a blast. Plus I already have tentative plans the next weekend AND it's the last local circuit hunter show in this area and the little girl who owns the horse I'd be bringing probably wants to do that instead. So that was my long winded explanation of saying as long as the horse owner is up for the expense, I could do the 6/7th in a Novice group. Please let us know the format and when you have things nailed down, how to enter, cost, etc.
    "Of course it's hard. It's supposed to be hard. It's the Hard that makes it great."

"Get up... Get out... Get Drunk. Repeat as needed." -- Spike

Because of the surrounding weekends competitions, it's going to be two days of show jumping. That and I simply don't have time to get xc ready for true T or P questions. So 2 days of jumps that fall down (or hopefully not!!). As to price, I have to crunch some numbers, but I'm going to keep it as affordable as possible. In order to do that, I'm going to charge a nominal fee to audit (jump crew gets in free and gets a free hot lunch!)

I don't have a horse to ride, but would love to volunteer to help out in any way you might need! Otherwise, I will very happily audit.

If he is willing, I might have a second horse, one novice and one crawling up to the beg nov level. We may be at that hight.

Again I am in with one if not two.

2ndyrgal,

Since the clinic will probably be gymnastics and show jumping, then please count me in.

Default Jimmy Wofford Clinic

Hi

Definitely would go if the dates worked out. I have a horse I would take training. I've done one schooling training HT with him and some CT's but really want some more x-country schooling before I do another training horse trial. Had my eye on Ky Classic but would wait for Mid-south in Oct. to get the chance to school with Jimmy Wofford first.

I shall keep that date open and plan on auditing one day...probably the first one. Maybe I will bring another.

Be sure you keep us posted on the date on here and link to your contact info..I am serious, I will be there.

Do we get lunch? It is tradtional to provide something at clinics.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndyrgal View Post
    Because of the surrounding weekends competitions, it's going to be two days of show jumping. That and I simply don't have time to get xc ready for true T or P questions. So 2 days of jumps that fall down (or hopefully not!!). As to price, I have to crunch some numbers, but I'm going to keep it as affordable as possible. In order to do that, I'm going to charge a nominal fee to audit (jump crew gets in free and gets a free hot lunch!)
    You know since I'm nearby (well, an hour or so) I can volunteer to help. I'm free that weekend (9/6-7).

Ok...post total with this one officially certifies I have no life

Can come down and help out one day if needed, glad to offer and will show up. Assuming work schedual permits of course, but will know that a month out.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

2ndyrgal-
    Since my in-laws live in Walton, I will gladly drop off the kids and volunteer both days!!
    I can play jump crew or help with anything else!!! If any one would want to attend from Louisville and just needs a ride w/ horse or without I would be willing to trailer if need be.
    Sara

6th and 7th would probaly work for us...
    Do you have any idea on prices yet?
    -Chelsie
    "Hell yes I can ride. I was riding when I fell off!"

Findeight of course there will be lunch. It might be cold chicken in a bucket or bbq, that is the last thing on the list right now. I'm thinking we're going to be in the $250 for the clinic, $50 for a stall or a paddock w/run in. The limit of total riders for the clinic is 24 max, so there will be a small charge to audit and I'm still going to be in the hole. The more people that don't mind paying a small fee to audit, the nicer their lunch can be. There is a wonderful woman that caters Camargo's hunt breakfasts, maybe I can get her.

I am interested in auditing and may ride as well, since it's all SJ. keep us posted or put me on a (e)mailing list... buschkn@aol.com
    Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved. - William Jennings Bryan

http://www.halcyon-hill.com