The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I could do midweek or weekend. Actually I like the idea of midweek...

Obviously it depends on his schedule, but you would certainly get more draw with a weekend clinic...work and school get in the way of everything!
    Emily

I vote for weekend also. Work gets in my way otherwise.

My horse is across the country but if anyone has a second horse they want in a novice group, I'll pay the entry/expenses to be able to ride with Jimmy. Long shot I know, but I'm just putting it out there. I'll be there for the month of September, so date-dependent also. How cool though!!! I'll definitely audit at the least!
    send some of their smart literate deer who can read road signs up here since ours are just run of the mill dumb ones who get splatted all over creation because they won't stay in the woods

Depending on dates I might be able to do a Monday-Tuesday, but weekends are usually better, of course.
    Click here before you buy.

I'm continuing to check my email every hour like a senior without a prom date. As soon as I get a list of potential dates, I'll post back. I know it was a holiday weekend, and don't know JW's schedule. Waiting is very hard. Patience is not one of my strong suits. Off to do evening chores and roach the big horse's mane. If Jimmy only knew how much we need him, he'd come for a week. I'd find a way to pay for it somehow.

2ndayrgal -
    according to his website Jim is on a "fishing trip/extended clinic" until the 17th. While he's usually pretty prompt with his email, I wouldn't hold my breath while he's fishing....

Yay for organizing the clinic! He is a wonderful clinician.

Default where

so where is this hopeful clinic going to be held?
    Jess

Ummm...I might actually want to come over and audit just to see the man teach. May bring a few H/J teens as well.

Would depend on date and time, of course. And if you's let the "other side" on the property.
    When opportunity knocks it's wearing overalls and looks like work.

The horse world. Two people. Three opinions.

Saje, want to field trip up together? Depending on finances, I could be in with a novice horse (and depending on if the novice group is already full to bursting) - actually, heck, if there's space, I could probably just sell enough plasma between now and then...
    "talking about love is like dancing about architecture..."
    A Wink & A NodPlaying by HeartA Wing & A PrayerBest to be Elusive

Default welcome to the darkside

The clinic will be held (when, we're still not exactly sure, it will be JW's call, but shooting for late summer, early fall) at Summer Hill Training Center (formerly Stonebroke Farm) which is on I-75 about 35 minutes north of the Kentucky Horse Park. Everyone that wants to audit will be more than welcome. Horses are horses, no matter what discipline you ride. When you have someone with the experience that Jimmy has, if you read his books, you'll realize that most top equestrians enjoy all types of horses in all different settings. And things aren't as different as most people think. You need a good canter in order to jump well, whether you do the H/J thing, or event. (yes, Denny, I was listening.) Eventers encounter the same problems as show hunters, as DQ's, etc. Bring em all findeight. (but just be warned, galloping on real grass in a straight line can be very addicting) And we don't care what color your breeches are, or how big your butt is.

Then I'd like to come audit too... Since you are nearby, I can take a day off during the week if needed.

Delighted, that sounds like a plan to me!

And, hey, if nothing else, I'll go and groom for you and take lots of notes!
    "talking about love is like dancing about architecture..."
    A Wink & A NodPlaying by HeartA Wing & A PrayerBest to be Elusive

Quote Originally Posted by findeight View Post
    Ummm...I might actually want to come over and audit just to see the man teach. May bring a few H/J teens as well.

Would depend on date and time, of course. And if you's let the "other side" on the property.
    Of course she will... she's been on our side too. I've actually shown against her at a Hunter show. And I'm pretty sure she beat me. LOL

Default Linda

Are you doing Lakeside next week? I'm bringing Junior and the "new horse".

Nope.... though I would love to. Unfortunately, I'm at the mercy of the barn as I don't have a truck/trailer. And it's not on the "show" list... plus, most of the boarders at my current barn are Eventers. The "show" schedule only has 2-3 H/J shows on it a year and I've done 2 of them already and the 3rd one was before I was ready to show.

Now if I could get more interest from my fellow boarders, my trainer would take us. But most of them are kids and they like to save for the Eventing stuff instead.

But I am doing my first Event on Aug. 3rd (pending that my entry was accepted). Just doing Starter... baby stuff. But it will be our first one!

Maybe I need to start "needling" hubby about getting a truck/trailer... I only need it for one horse!

Do you think Stitch would be ready for Novice to participate in the clinic by this fall??? J/K NOT!!!! I'd be scared out of my mind.

Default Potential dates!!

Jim gave me a choice of Sept 6-7 or the 13th-14th. I can have up to three groups per day w/ no more than eight riders in each group. I can only have one Novice group, the others must be above. His requirement originally for Novice riders was that they had successfully completed a recognized event at novice. I got him to make a concession because I was sure that there would be a few riders that are more than capable of moving up to novice that for one reason or another have chosen not to, that would like an opportunity to ride with someone at the highest level, that doesn't come around often He is trusting me that if we can get anyone interested that is not "qualified" screened to determine if they fit. Right now, I'm leaning toward the 6th and 7th, because I just see no good in my riding in the biggest deal clinic of my entire life (sorry GM) on the 13th. Nothing good can come of it and it fits perfectly with my blacksmith's schedule. Let me know what you guys think. PM me if necessary.

I have the weekend of the 6th and 7th off, AND the Friday before--was planning on showing that weekend but would MUCH rather ride with JW!

If those are his criteria for the Novice group, I'll definitely do Training. That is the goal by the end of the year/early next year anyhow.
    Click here before you buy.

Keep in mind also that the weekend of September 13/14 is the AECs...
    Emily