The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast

We'll have a blue (and green and yellow) Christmas without you,
    We'll be so orange (and burnt sienna and raw umber) just thinking about you,
    You'll be doing all right, with your Crayola Trainer of white (and pink and purple and black),
    But we'll have a chartreuse (and lavender and crimson and brown and grey) blue Christmas.

And just how is Kade?

edited to try to add all the colors selected thru December 12, 2008, and in the spirit of the Christmas season:

We'll have a blue (and blue-violet and brick red and brown and burnt orange and burnt sienna and cadet blue and copper and sea green and sepia and silver and sky blue and spring green) Christmas without you,
    We'll be so gray (and cornflower and peach and flesh and forest green and gold and razzmatazz and goldenrod and green blue and cornflower blue and magenta and carribean green and shamrock and pacific blue ) just thinking about you,
    Decorations of red (and green yellow and lavender and lemon yellow and magenta and mahogany and melon and mulberry and strawberry and blue purple and denim and spring green and blue green and yellow orange and yellow green and yellow),
    On a green (and granny-smith apple and sage and navy blue and azure and orangeyellow and carnation pink and lazer lemon yellow and chartreuse and tan and thistle and turquoise blue and violet purple and violet blue) Christmas tree,
    (and the yellow submarine and the coth posse airplane piloted by huntjumpSC)
    Won't be the same, Kade, if you're not in training to see,
    And when those sky blue (and maize and royal purple and sparkly lime and olive green and magenta and sepia and peach and tumbleweed and turquoise and yellow and yellow green and yellow orange and purple mountain majesty and orchid and manure stain brown and urine stain yellow) snowflakes start falling (on the short bus with long horns driven by buddyroo),
    That's when those puce (and wild blue yonder and midnight blue and apricot and aquamarine and bittersweet and black and azure and bluegray and blue green and alizaron crimson and wisteria and royal purple and indigo and lime green) memories come calling (on the crayola regular bus driven by camsmom, or the train with engineer naters aboard),
    You'll be doing alright, with your crayola trainer of white (and Indian red and chestnut and pine green and violet red and cornflower blue and periwinkle and mulberry and plum and orange),
    But the crayola posse will have an orchid (and orange red and periwinkle and ochre and prussian blue and raw sienna and raw umber and red orange and red violet and salmon) Christmas.

Hope I got all the colors there.
    Last edited by cloudyandcallie; Dec. 13, 2008 at 05:59 PM. Reason: added to give the colors of the coth posse to blue Christmas song. Eat your heart out Elvis, probably living in Nebraska

1 members found this post helpful.

OK I just sat and read this WHOLE thing tonight in hopes of seeing what happened.......
    ~Darci~
    "We have an obligation. We are their keepers." ~Roy Jackson

I think OP's moved on. Fuggeddaboudit.

Quote Originally Posted by WichitaWaltz View Post
    OK I just sat and read this WHOLE thing tonight in hopes of seeing what happened.......
    Next time you see a thread this long--read the last page first!

Quote Originally Posted by cloudyandcallie View Post
    We'll have a blue (and green and yellow) Christmas without you,
    We'll be so orange (and burnt sienna and raw umber) just thinking about you,
    You'll be doing all right, with your Crayola Trainer of white (and pink and purple and black),
    But we'll have a chartreuse (and lavender and crimson and brown and grey) blue Christmas.

And just how is Kade?
    This is simply brilliant. Kudos!
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Wichita~ Ya should asked me before reading the whole thing, could have saved you the time, but not the entertainment~ LOL! I found that brass clincher browband for Rhett, so give me a call!

PS~ I was 2 cm, 70% effaced at my appointment yesterday~ Daniel is making good progess!
    Crayola posse~ orange yellow, official pilot
    Proud owner of "High Flight" & "Shorty"

Ok, this has kept me WAY entertained while my roomie's sleeping. Can I be Granny-Smith Apple? I always loved the name of that crayon!
    "On the back of a horse I felt whole, complete, connected to that vital place in the center of me...and the chaos within me found balance."

Default Update??

*bump*

Just a shamless bump. Lurkers want to know if there is any updates on this VERY entertaining thread. It made me laugh soo hard I cried several times. My poor non-horsey husband just didn't understand!

Default oh where oh where has BA gone?

Oh where oh where can she be? How are we to know what became of her and Kade and the CCTL? Please come back and give us some updates!

Hey HuntJump, have you foaled yet?

Guys, BA's not coming back. I think this thread ended up making her situation even more difficult, and that's why she dropped the ball on it. Sad, but true

Quote Originally Posted by talkofthetown View Post
    Guys, BA's not coming back. I think this thread ended up making her situation even more difficult, and that's why she dropped the ball on it. Sad, but true
    Does some one at least know that BA is safe?

Not that I know of. I told Cloudy that if BA does have any friends on COTH, I don't think they would say anything, out of respects to her wishes to let the matter drop. I think that if something major had happened (death, arsen, theft, etc) someone, somewhere, would've heard. I have to hope that no news is good news.

TalkoftheTown,

Thanks for the update! I'm glad that BA is safe and hopefully enjoying her farm, horses & family with little hassle.

I only joined COTH recently, it's nice to know what the Crayola Posse is all about. I hope BA is doing well.

Wow just Wow!

I just found this thread and laughed all night as I read it. Please someone tell me how BA is? I hope she and her stoopid kids and chubby hubby are okay.

Oh, and I'll take Cerulean for my crayon color.
    Just because I talk slow doesn't mean that I actually AM slow.

Quote Originally Posted by talkofthetown View Post
    Hey HuntJump, have you foaled yet?

Yup, my little colt came by c-section on November 25th! He's my little booger...I'm loving being a mommy. Now that I got the post partum depression under control I needed a little chemical help.

I do wish BA would give us some kind of closure...this has been such a fun thread to follow. I would venture to say it's somewhat of a COTH legend now...
    Crayola posse~ orange yellow, official pilot
    Proud owner of "High Flight" & "Shorty"

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by HuntJumpSC View Post
    Yup, my little colt came by c-section on November 25th! He's my little booger...I'm loving being a mommy. Now that I got the post partum depression under control I needed a little chemical help.
    "Better living through chemistry," that's what we used to say.
    Back during the 70's. Or was it the 80's. Hmmm. Somehow, I seem to have forgotten.

Glad everyone's doing well.

Including BA, I hope.

Quote Originally Posted by HuntJumpSC View Post

I do wish BA would give us some kind of closure...this has been such a fun thread to follow. I would venture to say it's somewhat of a COTH legend now...
    Yay! Congrats And nothing wrong with chemical help! When will we get pictures of him at the barn with Mommy?

OK - it's now 2 years later.... This thread has been referred to from the 'Cothism's' thread.

http://www.chronofhorse.com/forum/sh...d.php?t=241466

Who was the OP?
    What was the outcome?

CCTL - is she still 'training'/gate ramming?

I've just read 39 pages.... I need to know. Closure is needed - on more than just the gate...

If nothing else I have though acquired two new brilliant insults:

'the wheel's still turning but the hamster's dead'

and

'Crazy as a possum in a bucket of hash'

Sorry i can't remember who said them, but they will be much loved and used

Doodlebug: sorry, I don't believe we ever got closure!!!
    Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!