The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 20 of 40 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Default Naive

Of course I think it is wonderful that some people are compassionate toward those who are "misunderstood" and "troubled". Like all the folks who think the kid in England isn't really going to kill someone or some animal.
    And those who think crayola trainer would not have come over and bashed up op's fence., Let all of those caring folks be the ones to befriend and take in those "misunderstood" and "troubled" folks into their own homes, or have them train their horses. Not me.
    But those of us who have dealt with thousands and thousands of criminals out there know that there are lots more of the crazies out there, and they are going to do bad things whether or not someone talks about them.
    So BA we all still stand behind you, and are ready to come in our costumes to defend you and Kade and your fat and stupid family, bless them all, from the crayola trainer.
    Do not be chastised by someone who won't choose a color, for they wouldn't want to ride on the trailer with all of us anyway.

This thread brought me out of my lurkiness.

Glad to hear that the police are involved. Having someone like that handle my horse would be terrifying!

Good luck with the proceedings, BA.

Oh, and may I have lavender please? It's very relaxing.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    The point isn't that random people across the world will know who you are (they probably won't)...the point is that your neighbor, who owns a shotgun, will know who you are...Is that not clear from what I posted?
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrow
    It's not directed at BA at all--as either a threat or a warning. It's a general observation to all who read the thread that they need to be careful about what they post on the internet, or they might end up in a situation that is like the one BA has found herself in.
    It wouldn't be that hard to point in YOUR direction in regards to a threat to the OP. Just a "warning."
    RIP Bo, the real Appassionato
    5/5/84-7/12/08

After all the talk about this over on the crazy english kid thread, I finally came to check it out and I have just spent the last hour reading every page in hysterics. I haven't laughed this hard at something in a LONG time!!!! God I love you COTHers!!

As for crayons, can the crayola bus make a stop over in Canada?? I wanna play!!
    CRAYOLA POSSE - Olive Green
    Champions aren't born. They are built little by little, day by day, with patience and love for the art. -Nick Skelton

Appassionato, I still sometimes read your name as "Asspantio."
    Oh my me. Too much caffeine.
    "Wost Case Ontario..."

As a result of this thread, I am very tempted to get a nice shiny new box of crayolas and a horsey coloring book. If Ozzy Osbourne can color for fun, why can't I?

Oh, hey - they're online now! Awesome.

http://www.first-school.ws/theme/ani...m/cp_horse.htm

Although their concept of an 'equestrian jockey' is wacked.
    Delicious strawberry flavored death!

Ok, am I the only one that thinks the one labeled "trainer" is a hoot, considering???
    "Wost Case Ontario..."

If we're going to blend the CCTL and the Awful Child threads then we need some Cheesey Crayola Oz (not Ozzie) stick art.

Perhaps done in CheeseWitch crayon colors. Cotswald, Bleu, Goudawitch Red, GreenCheese, Badwitch Green, Velveeta Gold.....

Quote Originally Posted by Appassionato View Post
    It wouldn't be that hard to point in YOUR direction in regards to a threat to the OP. Just a "warning."
    Yep--exactly, I proved my own point!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cloudyandcallie View Post
    5. BBQ? Hmmm, either Texas or the South.
    Could also be Missouri. MMMMM Kansas City BBQ

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow View Post
    Yep--exactly, I proved my own point!!!
    Ok. Continue on with "How to kill BA" then.

Quote Originally Posted by equssrocks
    Ok, am I the only one that thinks the one labeled "trainer" is a hoot, considering???
    Yes! Mostly because only a gate was harmed so far, and you can't help but be stunned at this whole mess or laugh. NOT at BA's expense or anything...just my gosh, can you imagine having this happen???

And I still laugh about the Asspantio nick.
    RIP Bo, the real Appassionato
    5/5/84-7/12/08

Quote Originally Posted by cloudyandcallie View Post
    5. BBQ? Hmmm, either Texas or the South.
    Um, we have BBQs here in NY too, so I think jumping to the OP being in the south because of the BBQ statement is a pretty big leap.

Quote Originally Posted by Appassionato View Post
    Ok. Continue on with "How to kill BA" then.
    right back at you. I don't understand your post. I posted something that I thought was general--"posting on the internet can get you in trouble if an unbalanced person takes it the wrong way." Another poster read it as a specific post--in fact as a threat by an unbalanced person. I didn't respond with "look idiot, it was meant to be general"--I responded with a very calm, "it was meant to be general." Then your post comes along, and I saw the "wink" in it and thought--ah, this person is saying, "see, it could be taken as a threat." So...I responded with a laugh at myself for making the same mistake BA did. And now you are rolling your eyes at me, and I don't know why...

Quote Originally Posted by Sanely Eccentric View Post
    Surely I'm not the only one who's been entertained by who chooses which color and why?? And how many posts have been made to claim a color? I think we may be close to a full box of 64 now. It's a bit funny considering many, if not all of us, are adults and yet still have connections to crayons that most think of as a childhood tool/toy and are excited to claim our favorite color. I'm thinking we should develop a personality survey based on crayons....sharp, dull, bright, dark, new, broken, shavings, melted, brands, color names, etc.
    I chose Prussian Blue because it tastes the best.
    Quote Originally Posted by Linny View Post
    Those martingales were so taut, you could play Ode to Joy on them with a comb

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by trubandloki View Post
    Um, we have BBQs here in NY too, so I think jumping to the OP being in the south because of the BBQ statement is a pretty big leap.
    Whew. Not in SC, then. We either have pig-pickin's (if it's pork barbecue) or cook-outs (if we're just grilling some random cut of meat).

Whatever we're having, I'll bring the corn if I can be maize.

Quote Originally Posted by pAin't_Misbehavin' View Post
    Whew. Not in SC, then. We either have pig-pickin's (if it's pork barbecue) or cook-outs (if we're just grilling some random cut of meat).

Whatever we're having, I'll bring the corn if I can be maize.
    Yep! BBQ's are definitely called "pig pickins" here! I prefer vinegar to mustard... Got linked to this thread from the "Bad seed kids takes down fence & attempts to key truck" thread (aka~ Cheesy Oz) Wow! I miss all the good stuff....I swear this CCTL sounds like one that used to live around here. She was not the sharpest tool in the shed, and was probably the kid in preschool who ate the paste and hogged all the good crayons.

So, what colors are left? I want something in a nice shade of cheesy orange or yellow, please!
    Crayola posse~ orange yellow, official pilot
    Proud owner of "High Flight" & "Shorty"

Arrow, your posts are taking on an almost (note ALMOST) troll-like quality. BA's response to you was very succinct. You might as well give up. You're not going to change the minds of the majority of the Crayola Brigade. 99.9% here are behind BA all the way.

If there is someone unbalanced enough to go after a neighbor with their shotgun, they're likely to do so for a reason other than a veiled posting on the internet. This so-called trainer should thank her lucky stars that BA did NOT "out" her. THAT would remove all doubt as to her identity -- and serve as a fair warning to people in her area (wherever that is).

Now on to more important things: I've had damn good BBQ in Minneapolis, Denver, Pennsylvania and Maryland. Corner Stable! Best BBQ Evah!

If you just aren't sure what color you want, here is the Wikipedia entry for the colors - maybe it'll help: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._crayon_colors And the entire list of COTH Crayons is here: http://www.chronicleforums.com/Forum...18#post3350918

BA - I'm glad we are at least providing you with some entertainment - hopefully CCTL is leaving you and yours alone. Let us know if she ever makes it onto Jerry Springer (without you, of course...).

NEWS!! We have to all play nice and share because all 64 colors are officially taken by at least one COTH-er! It is much easier to add a name or two to the existing list than to add all new colors (sorry y'all).
    Last edited by Erin Pittman; Jul. 27, 2008 at 12:59 PM. Reason: No colors left - you'll have to share now.
    Erin
    Dodon Farm - Home of Salute The Truth, Thoroughbred Stallion and on Facebook
    The Retired Racehorse Training Project, a 501(c)3 Non profit organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Beasmom View Post
    This so-called trainer should thank her lucky stars that BA did NOT "out" her. THAT would remove all doubt as to her identity -- and serve as a fair warning to people in her area (wherever that is).
    ***Snort*** The trainer rammed her gate, the cops were called, BA's building an arena and planning to train, the trainer's friend who spotted the thread has probably told everyone she knows, the trainer herself is probably trash talking BA in every horse locale she can find...every horse person in a 100 mile radius of wherever this is knows the whole story. And all this is over a trainer who was timid and wouldn't ride the horse outside the roundpen--not a trainer who did anything abusive to a horse. Sheesh! From subsequent descriptions of what BA does with the mare, I can't imagine why she placed her with a trainer in the first place.

I have not responded to BA since that post--I responded to two posts who seemed to feel that I advocated threatening the woman. I responded in a very reasonable tone and said, "I don't mean to threaten the woman, it was a general observation." If that's trolling around here, ban away. I agree that trolling is stirring up controversy just to stir up controversy, but that's not what I'm doing. I feel strongly about this issue. Of course I'm not swaying any of you, of course I don't expect you to instantly agree with me--but hundreds, maybe thousands of people, read these threads and never join or post. Maybe they'll take the lesson on display here to heart.

O.K., that's it, this time I mean it. Even if someone posts a question to me or a challenge, I promise not to respond anymore since that's apparently what y'all want. Carry on.

Okay I've been reading since the begining and I'm going to have to jump in about the BBQ comment. I'm not sure you actually have, what I would say is BBQ in New York..
    Have you been to Memphis and eaten at the Rendezvous? Eat there and then I'm not sure you would say that what you have in NY is BBQ.

Can I be Plum?
    Last edited by Maybeapril; Jul. 24, 2008 at 11:32 AM.
    CRAYOLA Posse: PLUM