The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

I offer my condolences. I am so very sorry that this happened.

Kirk, I am so sorry to hear of Marie's passing. We have all lost a dear friend.
    EDDIE WOULD GO

toryrelicshusband Guest

Unhappy

Thanks coming here once and while and seeing what you all thought of my Marie the light of my life, has helped a bit. Also finding out how she closed her post made me smile for the first time in days. I watched an old George Carlin thing and even that didn't help. If anyone comes to this area and wants to meet up, and talk, visit her horses, or her, ColoredHorse knows how to reach me and has my permission to send it to you all.

I am very sorry so many of you who wanted to meet her never got the chance, she was the best Horse woman as far as instinct goes I ever knew. She was the same in person as on line, I know I met her on line, and then in person and I decided to marry her after 2 dates. I spent a lot of time around Middleburg VA in the 70s and early 80s, she was better with animals than anyone I have ever seen. I have received several sympathy cards in the mail from you all and as soon as I can write so it can be read and drive safely I will mail everyone a thank you. If any of you wish to write me or email me off the board, my address is

KA4PXk@hotmail.com and I can send you pics of her horses and what not so you will have a bit to remember her by.

Thanks Again

Kirk Toryrelics husband.

Oh my gosh, what a shock. I am so so sorry to hear this, I totally didn't expect this when I saw the thread. Condolences to everyone.

I haven't read all the posts, but I agree with one on the first page- would you put the name in the thread title? I almost passed by this one (not in need of sad news today), but my mouse hovered over it and I got the description, saw the name, and clicked then. Gosh, I'm so shocked. I'm thinking of you and her family.

I am shocked and sorry I did not see this thread until now. Please let us know if there is anything we can do if you need help with the animals or anything. I will miss her posts

toryrelicshusband Guest

The first thing I did the night I got the terrible call, was to give her horses to her, sister, she had mentioned once in passing, after a friend died that she would trust her sister to take care of them her, the other was coloredhorse btw. I did it that night, I can't care for them safely and I knew she would want them to have the best care. I told her sister if she needed help with expenses to let me know. I do thank everyone of you who wanted to know if I needed help with them for your thoughts, I know you knew how much she loved them especially So Fine, Sofie, I think if there had been enough room she might have let her sleep with her like a pup. My best memories of her are with that Tbred. Unfortunately I can't listen to one of her favorite songs with out breaking down "Run for the Roses"

Tory Relic's Husband

Kirk

I am in tears as I read this thread, and I never met Marie in person. It is so clear from the comments here that she was a greatly respected friend on COTH and that she had a wonderful, loving soul mate in Kirk. Kirk and friends, I am so sorry to hear of her passing and I'm hoping that your wonderful memories help to ease your pain. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Default Dear, God, NO!!

I'm sick to my stomach.

Gallop ON, Marie!!!
    You are in the Finest of Company!!!!

Kirk, You are not alone in your Grief, you are in the Company of Many.

Please know that Tory Relic touched my heart when she reached out after my own sudden loss of my Daughter 20 months and 26 days ago.

And I am Honored to have known her.
    Go, Baby, Go......
    Aefvue Farms Footing Inspector

Condolences to TR's family. I didn't know her personally but recognized her TR on posts. She was a well-respected poster.

I also just saw this and offer my condolences to Tory Relic's family.
    "Farriers are the hairdressers of the horse world. They know everything about everybody..."-Lildunhorse

How did this get to page 2??????
    Go, Baby, Go......
    Aefvue Farms Footing Inspector

I missed this thread too - I'm so, so sorry. my condolences to Mr. TR and all her family and friends.
    www.moranequinephoto.com
    "If I am fool, it is, at least, a doubting one; and I envy no one the certainty of his self-approved wisdom."
    Byron

I haven't been around much lately and a fellow BB'er told me about Tory Relic's passing....so, so sorry for your loss Kirk! She will be missed around here .

Maybe we could all post our condolences on her COMH page as well?

http://www.chronicleofmyhorse.com/pr...w?id=ToryRelic&

She will be greatly missed.

Bump for Tory Relic.

toryrelicshusband Guest

Thanks to everyone it has been hard the last bit and I guess the next few days will be too, for me. I appreciate the expressions of sympathy and your grief at her passing. I am working on a way to display some of her tack, haven't figured it out yet. I really thank those of you have sent me private emails as they have shown me how much she was loved and respected by you all.

Kirk Tory Relics Hubsand

Life just isn't fair...
    "Fool! Don't you see now that I could have poisoned you a hundred times had I been able to live without you." Cleopatra VII

I am so sorry for the loss of your wife. I really respected her and enjoyed what she had to say. I came across one of her posts just yesterday reading an old thread, and thought of you again.

Just ran across this thread and didn't realize it was Tory Relic. Even as someone that's not on here a lot, I recognized the name and was sad. We have lost entirely too many friends lately it seems -- 2-leggeds, 4-leggeds and others. Sometimes it feels nearly overwhelming, and then you feel the love and support of perfect strangers and you live to fight on another day.
    My condolences to the friends and family -- may your wonderful memories bring you some comfort as you work through your grief.