The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 122
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun. 27, 2008
    Location
    West Coast girl born and raised
    Posts
    28

    Default I can't belive what I saw

    Ok so todayat our barn my trainer had a stallion shipped in to do live cover on a mare. It was the first time I watch live breeding and I was kind of in shock I guess. Anyone else have similar expiriences???



  2. #2
    Join Date
    May. 1, 2008
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Nature at its best!

    It only takes 15-20 seconds to make little horses!

    Did he grunt like a pig? Its hilarious!
    Horse between legs, rider on top.



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct. 16, 2006
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    1,134

    Default

    It is for sure an eye opener!!



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun. 27, 2008
    Location
    West Coast girl born and raised
    Posts
    28

    Default

    yes he did grunt and bite her neck. Then he was done and climbed off. I was like omg!!!!!!!!!!!!!



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov. 2, 2006
    Posts
    1,842

    Default

    Ugh, I have a horrible first time story- I was boarding at a morgan farm and they had a nice stallion, but a bit crazy, anyway he was having problems, well, getting in the mare, so the daughter of the barn owner, not more than 18 at the time, grabbed him and shoved him in the mare...I was horrified...still a little damaged from that experience. I sure did respect her after that though!!



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar. 8, 2004
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    19,611

    Default

    Where did you think horses came from, the horse stork?



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec. 1, 2002
    Location
    Mid-MI
    Posts
    457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gloriginger View Post
    Ugh, I have a horrible first time story- I was boarding at a morgan farm and they had a nice stallion, but a bit crazy, anyway he was having problems, well, getting in the mare, so the daughter of the barn owner, not more than 18 at the time, grabbed him and shoved him in the mare...I was horrified...still a little damaged from that experience. I sure did respect her after that though!!
    hehe, well if he's heading the 'wrong way' somebody needs to help redirect. He can't see it himself, and well, he's probably blind with lust anyway.
    I may have been away for a while, but I'm not gone yet!

    Crayola posse ~Magenta



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr. 9, 2002
    Location
    Northern NJ
    Posts
    3,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laurierace View Post
    Where did you think horses came from, the horse stork?
    Bwaah! Horse Stork! I love it.



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb. 15, 2007
    Location
    Sunny Florida
    Posts
    37

    Exclamation am i the only one catching on

    Has anyone else noticed that the OP only posts....well..... threads containing unmentionables, such as the pantie thread?



  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct. 7, 2006
    Location
    on and off the bit
    Posts
    3,919

    Default

    Has anyone else noticed that you are the only one who seems to have noticed?

    Actually I always thought it was the mare who was taken to the stallion, the theory being (I think) that being in an unfamiliar surroundings might render the stallion unable to perform, whereas the mare, in unfamiliar surroundings, would just have to stand there ... (and hopefully be receptive).
    Founder of the People Who Prefer COTH Over FB Clique
    People Who Hate to Rush to Kill Wildlife Clique!
    "I Sing Silly Songs to My Animals!" Clique



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr. 4, 2007
    Location
    Jasper, GA
    Posts
    2,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wellspotted View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that you are the only one who seems to have noticed?

    Actually I always thought it was the mare who was taken to the stallion, the theory being (I think) that being in an unfamiliar surroundings might render the stallion unable to perform, whereas the mare, in unfamiliar surroundings, would just have to stand there ... (and hopefully be receptive).
    uuuh. Nope.

    Always take the stallion to the mare. The mare needs to be in an enclosed area, where it is easy entry to get the stallion in and out. The mare should be held by an experienced person. The stallion should have a handler too. All humans should wear protective gear.

    To try to get a mare into a stallion pen, without him trying to jump the fence, the gate or the stall door. I don't think so... As to unfamilar surroundings, we do use the same pen but our stallion doesn't care "where" he does it. Just as long as they smell right and are receptive.

    Yes...Our stallion will often get it in the wrong hole or miss the hole, if we don't redirect. That is a set-up for tears, infections, etc. In our set-up, I hold the mare, my husband handles the stallion. It can get a little dicey "redirecting" the penis of a one ton animal, such as ours. He isn't always careful where his legs are. We use stud chains on the mares and the stallion. I have to be careful not to stand in front of the mares, getting pawed is always a risk.

    Basically though, our stallion is a gentleman and Percheron mares are easy to handle. Babies complicate matters though.

    My best (and worst) breeding story...errr...(confession). In MD, our breeding pen was near the neighbor's fenceline and structure, which was a very religious Baptist church. I am sure that it made for some interesting discussions on at least a couple of Sunday mornings during breeding season. But I always felt that as they left their huge grocery store style parking lot lights on 24/7 to shine in our bedroom window (which was in the middle of nowhere), I just always thought they must be looking for a show and Charles would give it to them!
    http://www.cieloazure.com/charles.html
    http://www.cieloazure.com/charlesfun.html
    Luistano Stallion standing for 2013: Wolverine UVF
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IZPHDzgX3s



  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar. 8, 2004
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    19,611

    Default

    Ok so who is going to step up and tell the entire TB industry that they are doing it wrong and from now on the stallions have to travel from mare to mare? They might just send someone with a big butterfly net out to meet you after that one.



  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan. 24, 2007
    Location
    small town, Ohio
    Posts
    613

    Default

    Gosh, I watched my first breeding when I was 11!!! I will admit to being kind of shocked- not even the sex thing but the violence of it. But I'm long since over it.
    Rhythm the perfect OTTB;Spock the will-be perfect OTTB;Mia the Arab/appendix COTH giveaway



  14. #14
    Join Date
    Apr. 4, 2007
    Location
    Jasper, GA
    Posts
    2,148

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laurierace View Post
    Ok so who is going to step up and tell the entire TB industry that they are doing it wrong and from now on the stallions have to travel from mare to mare? They might just send someone with a big butterfly net out to meet you after that one.
    Who wrote that?

    What I wrote is that the stallion and mare meet in a breeding pen. The mare goes in first and is held. That pen is not where the stallion lives. It is a separate set-up. That is pretty typical. To breed a stallion in his stall or his own paddock would be very dangerous in my opinion. I just couldn't even imagine getting a mare into my stallion's stall. How would that work? Is that really what the TB industry does?
    Luistano Stallion standing for 2013: Wolverine UVF
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8IZPHDzgX3s



  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct. 6, 2002
    Location
    Philadelphia PA
    Posts
    15,576

    Default

    Your "tell me about your panties thread" got deleted so now you're on to discussing horsey porn? Honestly, give it a rest. Half of us have figured out who you're an alter of, why not quit before everyone else deduces who is a perv?
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/



  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr. 15, 2004
    Location
    Sunny Sonoma, CA
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Laurierace View Post
    Ok so who is going to step up and tell the entire TB industry that they are doing it wrong and from now on the stallions have to travel from mare to mare? They might just send someone with a big butterfly net out to meet you after that one.
    LOL! My thoughts exactly!
    Founding Member of "I Kept 'Off Topic Day!' Open"



  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan. 12, 2007
    Posts
    4,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rideitlikeuluvit View Post
    Ok so todayat our barn my trainer had a stallion shipped in to do live cover on a mare. It was the first time I watch live breeding and I was kind of in shock I guess. Anyone else have similar expiriences???
    Oh GROW UP - I am pretty sure you are a PERVERT!
    "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there"



  18. #18
    Join Date
    Dec. 13, 2005
    Location
    Strasburg, PA "Just west of Paradise"
    Posts
    3,969

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TBjumper103 View Post
    Has anyone else noticed that the OP only posts....well..... threads containing unmentionables, such as the pantie thread?
    So do you think the OP is home smoking a cigarette getting their jollys off?



  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb. 6, 2000
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    12,584

    Default

    I've always contended that equine sexual congress is positive proof that God has a sense of humor...
    "It's like a Russian nesting doll of train wrecks."--CaitlinandTheBay

    ...just settin' on the Group W bench.



  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan. 14, 2005
    Location
    Aiken SC / Fay NC
    Posts
    5,367

    Default

    Isn't this OP the panties thread person?


    Edited to add: Yep, I see everyone else already said the same.
    FREE TACK/APPAREL ADS: BITS AND BARTER BOARD: http://bitsandbarter.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=5450



Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness