The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Because they didn't sell you a pony? With all due respect, that's a little disturbing. The world really doesn't need more drama and fighting. You might want to rethink your position for your own sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsalem View Post
    Because they didn't sell you a pony? With all due respect, that's a little disturbing. The world really doesn't need more drama and fighting. You might want to rethink your position for your own sake.
    Has nothing to do with them not selling me the pony. It has to do with the fact that I was quoted a price double what the owners were looking for. The USEF has been investigating unscrupulous commission practices and I spend enough money in this industry without being raped.

The pony I am buying has a contract which discloses commissions paid to all agents. I think the USEF should require these commissions be reported to the IRS so everything is on the up and up.

That's great. What you can do to improve the industry is only do business the way you describe. As more people do that, it will become industry standard. Do your part to promote that. As I said before, you really don't know all the particulars on that pony's situation. And it's really not your business. Pursuing a vendetta, carrying around that anger will only serve to eat you up inside. Just my 2 cents worth. Carry on....

1 members found this post helpful.

bayridgeponies Guest

Ponymom is off her rocker 150%! I know it is you EM! get over yourself. Move on. You will not be successful in this mess you have created! For all interested - The pony's score was low at pony finals o/f because he had 2 rails down with deep distances with his rider. He is a fabulous pony in every way! I am the trainer and agent so any interest needs to go through me. The pony is currently out on trial at a top pony barn. The pony was NEVER priced at $150K by me or the owner. EM priced the pony that way to people without my permission. You're a pony mom - not an agent! The pony was sent to me to be sold because my farm has a great reputation for selling quality. Thank you to all that have responded in support of us trainers and agents!! It's nice to see that people are not falling for the crap that ponymom is spewing!

1 members found this post helpful.

Ok...I've seen MANY cuter ponies than this one. What's so special about it? I have never seen it in person, but from the pictures he looks pretty average to me.
    I would just leave the situation alone....worry about the pony you're currently looking into buying and go on. Like they say to young women about men when they get broken up with...."there are many other fish in the sea" and IMHO there are SO many other better ponies out there than this one. Why waste your time???

bayridgeponies Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ponymom67 View Post
    I do have an axe to grind and I am not the only one.
    Yes you are the only one with an axe to grind! Go take a happy pill. You certainly need them! Obviously no one cares what you have to say if you have not figured it out already.

To the readers: The owner of the pony is my client. They are completely aware of the asking price of the pony and the deal I have with them is NO ones concern. It is a nice pony with an extensive show record. The pony will be back showing next week. ALL my ponies have had a 3 week vacation in preperation for pony finals. I want to insure fresh, sound ponies when we get to KY!!

Quote Originally Posted by bayridgeponies View Post
    Yes you are the only one with an axe to grind! Go take a happy pill. You certainly need them! Obviously no one cares what you have to say if you have not figured it out already.

To the readers: The owner of the pony is my client. They are completely aware of the asking price of the pony and the deal I have with them is NO ones concern. It is a nice pony with an extensive show record. The pony will be back showing next week. ALL my ponies have had a 3 week vacation in preperation for pony finals. I want to insure fresh, sound ponies when we get to KY!!
    I support the trainer in this situation whole heartedly, however....I think it's odd you would come on here to defend yourself. Why is ANYONE wasting their time on this?
    Ohhhhh horsey politics....I'm glad I'm pregnant and far away from all this crap. Why can't people in the horse world (trainers and clients alike), just be honest and sensible with eachother and just keep their nose where it belongs? I know it's a silly question to ask because this business has been this way for years and years and years but....it's so frustrating to me that we all argue over the stupidest things and we ALL put our reputations on the line because of a bunch of ****talking.
    #1 thing that ran me away from horses and showing years ago....the people. Bleh.

bayridgeponies Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jse View Post
    I support the trainer in this situation whole heartedly, however....I think it's odd you would come on here to defend yourself. Why is ANYONE wasting their time on this?
    Ohhhhh horsey politics....I'm glad I'm pregnant and far away from all this crap. Why can't people in the horse world (trainers and clients alike), just be honest and sensible with eachother and just keep their nose where it belongs? I know it's a silly question to ask because this business has been this way for years and years and years but....it's so frustrating to me that we all argue over the stupidest things and we ALL put our reputations on the line because of a bunch of ****talking.
    #1 thing that ran me away from horses and showing years ago....the people. Bleh.
    I feel the need to defend the pony. I also still have many other horses and ponies for sale and cannot afford, for my clients sakes, to have someone bad mouthing my farm or animals because they are angry they did not buy a specific pony of mine. That is not fair to anyone.

I also feel it necessary to defend our business. This is what we do. You don't want one bad apple putting a bad taste in everyones mouth!

Quote Originally Posted by bayridgeponies View Post
    I feel the need to defend the pony. I also still have many other horses and ponies for sale and cannot afford, for my clients sakes, to have someone bad mouthing my farm or animals because they are angry they did not buy a specific pony of mine. That is not fair to anyone.

I also feel it necessary to defend our business. This is what we do. You don't want one bad apple putting a bad taste in everyones mouth!
    I understand that, however why don't you just send her a private message and battle it out there? You're just stooping to her level by getting on here and stirrin' the pot, ya know? I agree the OP shouldn't have made any of this a public matter in the first place but settle it privately and it will make you look like a much better person.
    I mean, who's gonna believe what they read here when it comes to trash talking? I know I definitely wanna see it all before I believe it and my belief would surely not come from a bulletin board on the internet. I thoroughly respect any advice I've gotten from everyone here, but I absolutely hate these kinds of threads where fuel keeps getting added and added to a situation that could easily be settled privately.
    Sorry...I have been reading this post for a while and originally did not want to get involved because I saw where it was going but....it's just all so silly!

bayridgeponies, you must know by now that their is no more fierce avenger than a newly minted pony mom who has been scorned. Luckily they are easy to recognize and people quickly tire of their conspiracy theories. Good luck at pony finals!

I don't know any of the parties involved, however if I were the owner, I sure as hell wouldn't want my pony's name involved in this kind of thread on a bulletin board.

This is NOT directed @ any particular poster, but people (sellers/agents/buyers/owners) must remember honesty, and integrity cost you NOTHING! By not being honest in your dealings, it may cost you a lot more than you ever bargained!
    Collector of fine ponies.

In loving memory of Mr.Zipp 3-25-72 / 11-4-08

Quote Originally Posted by ponymom67 View Post
    Here is the simple concept. The pony has been on the market for more than 6 months. If it was my pony, I would have rather taken a lease...
    But it's not your pony, so it really doesn't matter what YOU would do. It only matters what the actual owner chooses to do. His pony, his decision. Period.

As I said before, good luck.

If Ponymom is who I think it is... then I understand why Bayridgeponies is on here defending her pony. This person (EM) has a reputation for being a CRAZY pony mom...she is by no means "new" to this whole arena. Trouble with a CAPITAL "T". Bayridge, take comfort in knowing that everyone out in the horse world knows that this woman is a loonie. I don't think her words will hurt your business or reputation at all.
    Founding member of the GDI clique...

Ponymom67 = EM ??? Ahhhhhh!! Now this whole thing is starting to make sense.

I have followed this thread just to see how far it was going to go. I must be out of it, as I dont know who EM is. Anyone want to pm me?
    Sandy
    www.sugarbrook.com
    hunter/jumper ponies

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarbrook View Post
    I have followed this thread just to see how far it was going to go. I must be out of it, as I dont know who EM is. Anyone want to pm me?
    Could you PM me too? Thanks!

bayridgeponies Guest

Quote Originally Posted by jacksorbetter View Post
    If Ponymom is who I think it is... then I understand why Bayridgeponies is on here defending her pony. This person (EM) has a reputation for being a CRAZY pony mom...she is by no means "new" to this whole arena. Trouble with a CAPITAL "T". Bayridge, take comfort in knowing that everyone out in the horse world knows that this woman is a loonie. I don't think her words will hurt your business or reputation at all.
    I got your PM and yes you are right on who it is!! Glad to know that everyone I speak to says the same thing...There is sooo much more to the story...I just do not want to air it in public like she does. Thank you all again for your support.

Judging from her posts on this thread alone, this "ponymom67" is a stark, raving lunatic. I feel sorry for the daughter, whatever pony ends up being purchased, and whoever the long-suffering trainer is. I wouldn't sell a pony of mine to her if she offered double what I was asking!!
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

swedish oxer Guest

GET OVER IT, PONY MOM!
    Sounds like you have a nice new pony, so just focus on that. Support and encourage your kid. This is supposed to be FUN!
    Its people like you that make it not so much fun for everyone involved- coaches, trainers, grooms, other parents...possibly even your own child, even though I am sure you think she has no idea. Kids know. They always know.
    From your vain self promoting in many of your posts, it sounds like life has been good to you. You are in a financial situation to buy a nice pony, you have a healthy child who you are able to accompany to shows around the country. Show some decorum and sportmanship. Maybe a little modesty. Count your blessings.
    I have been a long time lurker, but this just got under my skin. There are so many less fortunate people, both in and out of the horse world, dealing with real problems and issues and doing it with so more grace than you could ever muster. You will never see what you are doing as wrong and will continue to feel some how victimized, continue to feel a need to be right, so these are probably wasted words.
    Go hug your pony and your kid, and come down a few notches. This is not a tragedy or a drama or anything even close to it. Think about it.

No dog in this fight and no ax to grind here, but in my humble outside opinion (very outside opinion) this thread is not making either poster (OP or Bayridge Ponies) look very good.

I know that the professional I work with would be a lot more professional than Bayridge - even in the face of something so crazy.

Just something to keep in mind for the future. Ponymom may look bad, but Bayridge isn't doing that farm any favors...
    FREE TACK/APPAREL ADS: BITS AND BARTER BOARD: http://bitsandbarter.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=5450