The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default 15 yr old 17 hh TB Eventer for Free lease in Central Texas

Very talented and athletic Thoroughbred that we are trying to find a pony club home for in Texas. He was an Eventer in his younger years and would be a great fit for an upper level pony clubber. He has not competed in years and is ridden off and on at his current location when we have time. He was given to us as a trail horse, but is not suitable for trail riding. I am most interested in free-leasing him to a pony clubber, with the option to sell him if it is the right fit, but any good home with an non-beginner rider would be fine. He is a good jumper, can be ridden in a plain d-ring snaffle, and is sensitive. He is sound but will need to be in a conditioning program and regular work to get him back to show quality. He may be taken to your home or approved facility preferably in Texas but other homes considered.

15 year old TB
    17 hh
    Dark Bay
    1999 Jockey Club

I'm the DC for the local pony club & on the regional BOD for south Texas. Could you email me with more information? Slatterys@sbcglobal.net Thank you