The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Road to Breeder's Cup challenge

Are any of you doing this? I thought it might be fun to set up a COTH league if anybody out there has already signed up. Well I guess I'm not even sure it is possible at this point. I'll look into it and see what I can find out. In the meantime let me know.

I'm Dogwood Meadows on the Breeder's Cup Challenge

Updated info
    JOIN THE FACEBOOK LEAGUE

League Number: 2717434632
    Activation Code: 1681029033
    Last edited by Maybeapril; Jun. 25, 2008 at 09:08 AM.
    CRAYOLA Posse: PLUM

I signed up for it last week.

I'd be all for a COTH league if anyone else is interested. It's not too late to form a new league.
    Don't fall for a girl who fell for a horse just to be number two in her world... ~EFO

I know miss_critic is enrolled but I as of not have not decided if I would take a crack at it. My performance in the ST Times Road to the Derby was horrible

A COTH collective team could be fun none-the-less can anyone see if team entries are still feasible?

Oh good. Let's see if anybody else is interested. I think we might need more than 2 for a league.

Glimmer mine in the ST times thing was horrible also, but it would be fun for us all to play together.

Glimmer-
    This is really a lot more fun than the ST Derby stable. With the Road to the Roses and the Road to the Breeders Cup, there are drafts which allow you to add additional horses to your stable at specific "drafts" throughout the game. So if your whole stable starts throwing clunkers or becomes injured (like mine did for Road to the Roses!), you can make up for it in the draft.

Points are updated instantly, instead of waiting for Brian to compile the score.

Plus, with the league feature you can see the stables of the other folks in your league. Nothing like a little friendly competition!

If we can't get enough people interested in a league, I can PM you guys the info of a couple other leagues you could join.
    Don't fall for a girl who fell for a horse just to be number two in her world... ~EFO

I've never done one of these, so if you don't mind a newbie I'd be happy to join a league I think it'd be fun!

If you guys are interested, I can see about setting up a new league tonight. If not, like Tex said, we can PM you a league we are in. You will have lost points if a horse you have ran last weekend, but there is tons of time. If you do it, I want to point out that the Hol Gold Cup is not a scoring race-you need to keep these things in mind when picking horses.

Not to pick on ST, but this is far more sophisticated.

Which ever is fine with me. Just let me know, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by miss_critic View Post
    If you guys are interested, I can see about setting up a new league tonight.
    I am interested although I'll caution (and this could nix me from this) - I'm out of the country at the start of next week and won't be back until July 10th.

Oh, I think you can join anytime!! NO EXCUSES

I'll let you guys know.

Well, that didn't take long. Go to this site, sign up and when you are about done it will ask you if you want to join a league. Use these numbers below. Spread the word!!!!!
    http://www.roadtothebreederscup.com/

League Number Activation Code 46438878
    COTH League 603672503

I'm still picking horses but I will join as soon as I'm done hemming and hawing over the huge list This could take all night!

Quote Originally Posted by miss_critic View Post
    League Number Activation Code 46438878
    COTH League 603672503
    I entered the numbers above but it told me:
    "The league and activation code don't match. Please look again and reenter them"

Question cliff notes

Can someone give the cliff notes on how this works?
    Aefvue Farm Ft.Lauderdale

I just checked and those numbers match up. Did anybody else have that problem? Coral-send me a PM with your email address and I can "invite" you to play directly from the league-then we can see if it still works.

Cliff notes: You pick 12 horses, ideally 3 from each category. Each week you can only have 6 active horses participating to get points-so you have to track your horses when they are running. You get points from the races listed, which is an odd list imo. Down the road, can't remember the dates, you can add more horses. There are 2 'drafts'. You will also be able to add a jockey and trainer down the road. If you scroll to the middle of the page on the Official Rules page, it explains this and the points. You can only have additional stables if you pay.
    Does that help?

I had no trouble joining the league... I copied and pasted these numbers right out of the invitation email I received and joined via the "Join a League" tab under the league manager link.

League Name: COTH League
    League Identifier: 46438878
    Activation Code: 603672503
    It's weird that it's not working for some. I really do hope more people join. I was completely addicted to the Road To The Roses game put on by the same site in the spring.

And just so everyone knows, it is indeed free to sign up. The rules get a little confusing with the pay to play option. You can choose to pay if you want to be included in the weekly wagering pool, or if you want to have multiple stables under one account. Otherwise, it is free to play and you're still eligible for the final prizes with a free account. However, that wasn't really a concern for me with the Road to the Roses seeing as how I finished 23,654th or something out of like 100,000 stables. That's why the league feature is nice-- the overall game is so huge that being in a league gives you a smaller competition within the game to focus on.

I just joined the league...I'm going to go check things out. Fun, fun!

Thanks for setting that up. The numbers work try switching them, that's what I had to do. I'm hoping I'll have a horse or two in the race this weekend. I didn't have any last weekend.

Well, there's only one scoring race this weekend-- The Suburban Handicap.

My only small "complaint" about this game is their seemingly random selection of scoring races. For example, why on earth are G1s such as this weekend's Hollywood Gold Cup and the Mother Goose not points races? Especially since many of the early division favorites are aiming for those races.