The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Feiner Stern Son's?

I was interested in breeding my TB mare to Feiner Stern, but it seems that that is out of the question.

I hope that he is given the retirement that he so deserves.

I was wondering about Feiner Stern son's that people have bred to.
    I am breeding for size, temperment and good jump.

Quote Originally Posted by Petalstorm View Post
    I was interested in breeding my TB mare to Feiner Stern, but it seems that that is out of the question.

I hope that he is given the retirement that he so deserves.

I was wondering about Feiner Stern son's that people have bred to.
    I am breeding for size, temperment and good jump.

Well Feinbrand was here, but was sent back to Denmark last year. Angela Beleir might have some frozen semen of his (High Point Hanoverians). Feinbrand was Feiner Stern's best son in my opinion. There are others in Germany, but none here in the US that I know of that are approved for breeding. There are Stallions from his daughters available though.. Feiner Stern has been a tremendous Dam sire.
    Last edited by hessy35; Jun. 17, 2008 at 10:56 PM.

First Game caught my eye while I was in Germany. I don't think he is available in the US, though.
    Snowline Sport Horses
    http://www.snowlinesporthorses.com
    Breeder of Hanoverian horses
    http://www.facebook.com/SnowlineSportHorses

Wait a few years and I'll hopefully have an approved Feiner Stern son here.

I've admittedly not seen all of his stallion sons, but I will agree with hessy35 that Feinbrand is a good one.

How about grandson Dauphin?

There is a beautiful black stallion in the Netherlands called Fair Play by Feiner Stern.. stunning horse. But the babies here in the US need to grow up and go through stallion testings.. I had a great colt by him out of a dam that could jump and had great lines, but lost him in a partnership..and he was gelded.... I hope there are other breeders out there that will keep their FS colts intact if they are of good quality. We could use a good FS line here in the US.

And to add to that, FS breeds some very nice "head on straight" foals. They have good attitudes and are very willing to work. They love their "people".

Quote Originally Posted by Helicon View Post
    How about grandson Dauphin?
    Another great example of the FS Dam lines..

I second Dauphin

He is fabulous.
    Making Your Ambitions a Reality at Secret Ambition Stables.
    Quality Welsh Ponies and Welsh Crosses bred for sport
    Facebook Page.
    Section A and Section B Welsh Ponies at stud

His Highness was a another GREAT example of Feiner Stern Dam lines.. so sad he's gone.

A younger stallion with Feiner Stern as "dam sire" is Fackeltanz.....Florencio/Feiner Stern/Thymian xx.

"This is another exciting young stallion son of FLORENCIO. This is FACKELTANZ ("Torch dance")... a Premium Awarded Oldenburg stallion out of a very spcial dam line. His dam line is the "Fackila" line, with his first four generations of his dam line all being States Premium mares. His mother, SPS Fackese was Champion mare of the Oldenburg Elite Mare Show in Rastede in 1996. She, in turn is the dam of a States Premium daughter, and now of this highly awarded stallion son."

I used one dose of frozen and got one pregnancy this year. I own a three year old Florencio filly out of a sister to Fackese( dam of Fackeltanz) The filly is one super sport horse prospect. She is beautiful, was very easy to start and has three above average, balanced gaits. Everything is just so easy for her. Anyway, that is one reason I took a chance on a unproven stallin. But he may be one to watch.

Although Feiner Stern sired a good number of approved stallion sons in Germany, he is generally not known as a stallion maker. His value was as a broodmare sire - as already stated, Dauphin, Fackeltanz, and His Highness are a few of the excellent stallions stemming from a Feiner Stern damline.

Also, to the OP - FS was not known as a jump maker. He has a lot of offspring in this country doing the hunters or low level eventing, but in general his offspring are not noted for jumping ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Crosiadore Farm View Post
    A younger stallion with Feiner Stern as "dam sire" is Fackeltanz.....Florencio/Feiner Stern/Thymian xx.

"This is another exciting young stallion son of FLORENCIO. This is FACKELTANZ ("Torch dance")... a Premium Awarded Oldenburg stallion out of a very spcial dam line. His dam line is the "Fackila" line, with his first four generations of his dam line all being States Premium mares. His mother, SPS Fackese was Champion mare of the Oldenburg Elite Mare Show in Rastede in 1996. She, in turn is the dam of a States Premium daughter, and now of this highly awarded stallion son."

I used one dose of frozen and got one pregnancy this year. I own a three year old Florencio filly out of a sister to Fackese( dam of Fackeltanz) The filly is one super sport horse prospect. She is beautiful, was very easy to start and has three above average, balanced gaits. Everything is just so easy for her. Anyway, that is one reason I took a chance on a unproven stallin. But he may be one to watch.
    Yes, you are right! What an exciting young stallion he is!

Quote Originally Posted by DownYonder View Post
    Although Feiner Stern sired a good number of approved stallion sons in Germany, he is generally not known as a stallion maker. His value was as a broodmare sire - as already stated, Dauphin, Fackeltanz, and His Highness are a few of the excellent stallions stemming from a Feiner Stern damline.

Also, to the OP - FS was not known as a jump maker. He has a lot of offspring in this country doing the hunters or low level eventing, but in general his offspring are not noted for jumping ability.
    Even though FS himself was not a great jumper, his sire line is. Same lines as Voltaire, For Pleasure..etc. There are a lot of FS offspring that are very good hunters/eventers here in the US. FS does have the genes for jumping on bottom and top of his pedigree, so it is not a stretch to say he can breed good jumpers.

Quote Originally Posted by hessy35 View Post
    Even though FS himself was not a great jumper, his sire line is... FS does have the genes for jumping on bottom and top of his pedigree, so it is not a stretch to say he can breed good jumpers.
    I have to agree. It may not be a reliable characteristic, but it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility. My yearling colt has already shown (of his own volition, of course) a great aptitude for jumping, in fact. Great form and scope.

Regarding jumping, my Feiner Stern mare has a LOT of jump in her and it is her preferred discipline. However, her damline is very strongly jumper oriented.
    Snowline Sport Horses
    http://www.snowlinesporthorses.com
    Breeder of Hanoverian horses
    http://www.facebook.com/SnowlineSportHorses

I'm not saying they CAN'T jump, esp. when there is jumper blood in the pedigree. Heck, my own FS mare started in the hunters as a 3 y/o and earned very good ribbons in at some fairly large schooling shows - including champion of her pre-green division against older, much more experienced horses.

As I said, the FS offspring in Germany were not noted for their ability as JUMPERS. This does not preclude their ability to do a respectable job in hunters or low level eventing.

Who carries Fackeltanz? Sounds like a great way to get an EVA negative Florencio.
    Tranquility Farm - Proud breeder of Born in the USA Sport Horses, and Cob-sized Warmbloods
    Now apparently completely invisible!

Judy Yancey carries Fackeltanz, but it says on her website she is out. Maybe call her anyway and check?

Here is a link to Fackeltanz page... He really is quite something. Very exciting young prospect.

http://victoria.achleiten.at/cms/fro...t=20&idart=302