The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I think this is a bit like asking what brand of pen Shakespeare wrote with

I bet he rides in that $9000 Devoucoux that was posted in another topic
    Worry, doubt, fear and despair are the enemies which slowly bring us down to the ground and turn us to dust before we die.

~ Douglas MacArthur

I've seen Brianne win a Tad Coffin???

Quote Originally Posted by Nikki17 View Post
    I've seen Brianne win a Tad Coffin???
    I've seen that too. I'm pretty sure it was a Tad Coffin at WIHS which was pretty odd, to me at least.

often between a rock and hard place in Ky

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Princess View Post
    I bet he rides in that $9000 Devoucoux that was posted in another topic

Could you imagine George in that saddle??? I think he would have a stroke first... Just curious what color boots and jacket goes with tacky BTW?????
    ___._/> I don't suffer from insanity.. I enjoy every
    ____/ minute of it! Member stick horse art lovers
    ';;;;;;; clique
    //__\\<-- Don't feed the llama!

If you look in some of the print ads and also watch the DVD "Road to the Maclay" closely when Brianne gets close to the camera she is riding in a Bates. But like I said, that was then, this is now. I have no idea what she is riding in now.
    "Perhaps the final test of anybody's love of dogs is their willingness to permit them to make a camping ground of the bed" -Henry T. Merwin

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Ridge View Post
    I believe Brianne Goutal rode/rides in a CWD.

As for George - I'm with the others; I'm sure he rides in a flat-as-a-pancake old Hermes or something similar.
    Back when she was still riding as a junior I heard a CWD rep say that she rode in their saddles, don't know if that is still the case or not. I doubt she rides in a Bates.

I would guess GM rides in a Hermes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha Ridge View Post

As for George - I'm with the others; I'm sure he rides in a flat-as-a-pancake old Hermes or something similar.

I can also picture GM in a flat Hermes.
    Seig Heil Polo Shirt!

home: Warm Beach, WA college: Amherst, MA

At least one of the Maddens students rides in a Bates - Maria Schaub. When I saw those ads I was skeptical, but I've seen her show in them several times.

Quote Originally Posted by hijumpin1 View Post
    Why George rides in a Hunterdon saddle, of course! Doesn't anybody else remember those? They were da bomb back in the day! Loved that london leather as at went through a green phase on it's way to darkening, LOL.
    What do you mean "remember"? I still ride in them--one of mine is about 15 years old, and the other is around 7. They have completely spoiled me for those stoooopid couch things that are popular now.

And, riding in one in a GM clinic didn't hurt either.
    "And now . . .off to violin-land, where all is sweetness and delicacy and harmony and there are no red-headed clients to vex us with their conundrums."

City of delusion in the state of total denial

If you look in some of the print ads and also watch the DVD "Road to the Maclay" closely when Brianne gets close to the camera she is riding in a Bates. But like I said, that was then, this is now.
    I think you mis-saw. I believe that Brianne rode Logan in an Antares.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG

Quote Originally Posted by neutral milk hotel View Post
    At least one of the Maddens students rides in a Bates - Maria Schaub. When I saw those ads I was skeptical, but I've seen her show in them several times.
    This actually makes a LOT of sense when you think about how much catch-riding she does. She needs a saddle that can fit a wide variety of horses.
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

Yup - Brianne rides in a CWD - NOT a Bates.

Brianne has a couple of different saddles! She has been at Spruce Meadows for the last few weeks (with some lovely horses!) and didn't use the same saddle when I saw her switching horses. I'm assuming she uses whatever fits the horse, so that probably explains why many of you are seeing a couple of different ones. - Might I add, I am in LOVE with the paint that she rode in the ATCO double slalom & came close to beating Beezie Maddon & Conquest II on....... I'll take two please (if I win the lottery)!
    Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

Does George even need a saddle. As old as he is and as long as he has been riding, his butt is the shape of a flat Hermes.

I'm with the others...

It seems to me, Brianne would have multiple saddles. Why would she only ride in one type if she has different horses with different shapes and the funds to accomodate various saddles. Heck, if I had the funds, you better believe I'd have tons of saddles.
    Good Judgement comes from Experience. Alot of that comes from Bad Judgement.

Quote Originally Posted by eclipse View Post
    Brianne has a couple of different saddles! She has been at Spruce Meadows for the last few weeks (with some lovely horses!) and didn't use the same saddle when I saw her switching horses. I'm assuming she uses whatever fits the horse, so that probably explains why many of you are seeing a couple of different ones. - Might I add, I am in LOVE with the paint that she rode in the ATCO double slalom & came close to beating Beezie Maddon & Conquest II on....... I'll take two please (if I win the lottery)!
    I saw that too (courtesy of Bold, not in person, alas) That was a great class. I particularly loved seeing the paint go head to head with Taylor Bland's palomino.

Those young 'uns sure gave Beezie a run for her money, didn't they? On the broadcast Beezie made a cute comment her horse being older than a lot of the competitors.
    I love cooking with wine. Sometimes I even put it in the food.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirateer View Post
    I can also picture GM in a flat Hermes.
    Oh then I'm in super good company because I have a flat as a pancake Mortiz. I've had it for YEARS!!! My girls looked at it and were like wtf is that!!! LOL! I LOVE mine!!! I don't think they've ever seen one in captivity.

Quote Originally Posted by eclipse View Post
    I believe the paint (if he was little...16hh or so) you are referring to is Mon Gamin, but I could be wrong. Here's the one I'm talking about:

http://www.hunterjumpernews.com/wp-c...0Challenge.jpg
    -Desmond

"If you're dating a guy who rides horses, Raise your cup. If not, Raise your standards."

Quote Originally Posted by oleary157 View Post
    I believe the paint (if he was little...16hh or so) you are referring to is Mon Gamin, but I could be wrong. Here's the one I'm talking about:

http://www.hunterjumpernews.com/wp-c...0Challenge.jpg

Yep, that's the one........he's great....speedy, fast & very nimble!
    Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!