The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Thumbs up COTH & T.O. Syndicate Tribute to Teddy

Thanks to COTH and the Theodore O'Connor Syndicate for the wonderful pictures and tributes to Teddy in today's issue of COTH. Love the one of Karen with her arm around Teddy at the vet inspection. It brought a flood a tears for me this morning.....but in a good way. This issue is definitely a keeper. Going to the barn to give my horse a big hug and carrots today and thank my lucky stars that I am so lucky to be able to have such a beautiful creature in my life like those who had Teddy in theirs.

It is a lovely tribute indeed. However, because it is very important to me, I would like to make it clear that I, not Karen, was the source of this quote:
    “I’m glad that he was able to inspire so many dreams, and I hope that his legacy will lead to more ponies just like him out there,” added O’Connor.
    Sportponies Unlimited
    Athletic Thoroughbred crosses for the highly motivated, smaller rider.

Will be running to Dover to pick up a copy today.
    Thanks to you, Wynn, and COTH for doing this. See signature & picture in link.
    I tolerate all kinds of animal idiosyncrasies.
    I've found that I don't tolerate people idiosyncrasies as well. - Casey09

Its a beautiful tribute to Teddy, he touched so many and brought so many new fans to eventing.

Oh, that sounds lovely. I will run out and pick up a copy tomorrow. Thank you for the heads up!

I looked at it on-line this morning. It is very well done. Love that first pic!

I find it particularly touching that Karen said she had a special relationship with Teddy. It seems there have been so many wonderful horses in Karen's life, for her to single out this one as special is something. It makes it that much more sad that he was lost, but I think it is also a testament to the evolution of Karen's horsemanship that she was able to get to the point that there was so much trust between them, and that it made the seeming impossible, possible.

Because we love horses, we feel how special it was to have had Teddy in our lives. In the same way, it is a special joy to watch a career like Karen's.

(Not meant in any way to belittle any of the other important people in Teddy's development. The relationship with Karen just seems to me to be significant for *horsemanship*, in addition to all of the other great things that Teddy gave us)
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

Default Pwynnnorman - I know now is not the time...

but I hope sometime in the future you along with a publisher consider doing a book about Teddy from day he was born on your farm, growing up under your tutelage and then continuing on with C.Trainor and the K.O'Connor, along with his competions, etc.

I think it would make for great book especially if you include many of the special and spectacular photos taken of Teddy over his lifetime. I know you have told some of your stories on the COTH BB and your website but I am sure there are lots of other great little gems about is life that would be fun to read about as well as what others in the Eventing community thought of him. I only mention it, because I've enjoyed reading many books about other Event horses like Charisma, Priceless, Be Fair, King William, Murphy Himself, etc. so very much and I consider Teddy right up their with the BIG GUYS too!

While I never had the pleasure to see those horses compete (except for the occasional video clip), I was lucky enough to have seen Teddy at Rolex 07 and 08 and will always treasure the memories and the photos I took.

Just a thought for the future if you ever want to consider it. Take care

K.

Pwynnnorman:

Thank you for clarifying the quote and I hope that you continue your work at breeding these wonderful ponies. You are a remarkable woman and I thank you for sharing Teddy with the world.

I met a lovely woman on Tuesday from NC. Teddy was at her farm for, I think she said, a year and half; probably the time that he was being ridden by Christan Trainor. She had such lovely memories of Teddy and expressed the loss she felt as well.

There are few of mine in the piece. Including the vet inspection one with her arm over him. That was a total grab shot. Didn't think much of it then, but with a new set of perspectives it becomes much more.

Amy
    Last edited by AKDragooPhoto; Jun. 13, 2008 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDragooPhoto View Post
    There are few of mine in the piece. Including the vet inspection one with her arm over him. That was a total grab shot. Didn't think much of it then, but with a news set of persepectives it becomes much more.

Amy
    Amen, that. Great shot, says so much.
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

BBowen,

I would love to know who the person you met in NC was. I would like to get in contact with them. Thanks!
    I haven't gotten a chance to see the issue, but I will be at the tack shop tomorrow to pick one up!

Christan

Eventrider:

You have a PM.

I hit one store today looking for the 6/13 issue and all they had was 6/6. Will try another shop tomorrow.

LetItBe

Hey all-

Here is the video from a shoot I did with Karen All Star, Mandiba and Teddy. A couple of the photos in the tribute came from this shoot.

http://www.equisearch.com/horses%5Fr...eets%5F060608/
    Amy