The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

HHFarms Guest

Question ? on North America Eventing stallions

Which stallions are offered with fresh collected semen that have had offspring going over Prelim level?
    TIA

Royal Appearance--had one son who has goining Advance

http://www.equine.vt.edu/stallions/royalappearance.html

I think Aberjack is still collected fresh and has one son who is going Prelim (and I have a daughter just turned 6 who is about ready to move up to Prelim---out of a TB mare)

http://www.tamarackhill.com/Stallions/stallions.htm

Those are two that I know off the top of my head but I'm sure that there are many more....both don't have many older offspring....the oldest Aberjacks that I know are just turning 6 and the one RA son is just 8. I think that there have to be some by TB stallions out there....maybe some Harry the Hats....Not sure if A Fine Romance still does fresh.
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

Brandenburg's Windstar sired Arthur and Polar Storm. Both are going Advanced. Arthur is currently in the top 10 USEA horses and on the short list for the Olympics.

I have a mare by him, but she's going Novice....

Quote Originally Posted by Hilary View Post
    Brandenburg's Windstar sired Arthur and Polar Storm. Both are going Advanced. Arthur is currently in the top 10 USEA horses and on the short list for the Olympics.

can't believe I didn't think of him...the offspring I've seen by him are very nice. I'm not big on Irish....but I do really like him and what he has produced.

Windfall has at least one son in the US who has gone Prelim (his oldest here) not sure what the offspring in Europe have done.

Not sure what the Mystic Replica offspring had done but he has the pedigree for eventing....be worth asking. http://www.lanefieldfarm.com/mysticreplica.htm
    ** The difference between genius and stupidity is genius has its limits. -- Albert Einstein **

Question Salute the truth?

How about salute the Truth?
    breeder of Mercury!

remember to enjoy the moment, and take a moment to enjoy and give God the glory for these wonderful horses in our lives.BECAUSE: LIFE is What Happens While Making Other Plans

A Fine Romance is North American (Canada) and has offspring going Advanced I think....

Nothing on Salute The Truth's webpage mentions offspring competing at the upper levels, but if there are I'm all ears.... he is impressive.

Royal Appearance is a looker!

Jennifer

Thumbs up salute the truth

[FONT=Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif][SIZE=+1]htmlhttp://www.dodonfarm.com/willy1.html[/SIZE][/FONT]
    breeder of Mercury!

remember to enjoy the moment, and take a moment to enjoy and give God the glory for these wonderful horses in our lives.BECAUSE: LIFE is What Happens While Making Other Plans

Quote Originally Posted by ThirdCharm View Post

Royal Appearance is a looker!

Jennifer

yeah...I bred my TB mare to him...foal is due end of next week....can't wait to see it!!! He stood at Hilltop but they really didn't do much to show him (or really any of their stallions). Shame cause it looks like he would have been a top level jumper or event horse! Now he is at VA Tech and they have done a great job putting some nice mares to him...I think that you will see more of his offspring come up the ranks. VA Tech has a few foals this year and last that look really nice! Hope that some eventers get their hands on them.

Love my Aberjack mare as well....she has really good jumping instincts and just a solid business attitude...doesn't get pissy or hold a grudge if I make a mistake (like really miss to a fence) but is still a good sensitive ride. I think she will at least be a ** horse with ammy me. She is a bit down hill in a her build (not sure whose side of the family that is coming from) but is still a nice mover and surprising good jumper. As she gets stronger and further along in her flat work, she is getting even better. (ETA She's soild training and will likely move up this fall--was 1st and 2nd in her last two training levels and just turned 6 this month)
    Last edited by bornfreenowexpensive; Jun. 13, 2008 at 03:37 PM.

A Fine Romance has (at least) three youngsters solid at Preliminary with potential for more(Tiamo, Risque Romance, and A Jack of Hearts), another has gone Advanced and is now a grand prix jumper (My Romance/Southbound). I believe there are more.

Quote Originally Posted by GotSpots View Post
    A Fine Romance has (at least) three youngsters solid at Preliminary with potential for more(Tiamo, Risque Romance, and A Jack of Hearts), another has gone Advanced and is now a grand prix jumper (My Romance/Southbound). I believe there are more.

Are they still doing fresh with him? I thought I read that now they were just doing frozen....but I could be completely wrong (and it didn't really register with me since I'm fine using frozen...actually it is almost easier to me as long as it is good quality frozen).

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Ames View Post
    Not yet, at least not that we know of. There are a couple that are going at Training level (Soldier of Truth with Buck Davidson had his first Training Level event at Waredaca; Absolute Truth has had several Training Level tests - her owner rides with Stephen Bradley so we've got high hopes for that one, too). We'll be following them to see what they're up to!! Willy's oldest offspring are 7 this year, I think. Just a handful the first couple of years, lots of 4 and 5-year olds out there, though, but none competing that high yet!
    Erin
    Dodon Farm - Home of Salute The Truth, Thoroughbred Stallion and on Facebook
    The Retired Racehorse Training Project, a 501(c)3 Non profit organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Ames View Post

I second this. I've seen him in person many times.... Awesome stallion.

Someone pointed out to me an interesting caveat on the use of answers to a question like this one. The problem is that an eventing stallion that produces babies who could/would/should go all the way will have those babies sell into other sports more often than not--so the numbers a stallion might NOT have could actually reflect his quality and consistency a lot more accurately than numbers he does have (or, er, something like that--that didn't come out quite as clearly as it was put to me).
    Sportponies Unlimited
    Athletic Thoroughbred crosses for the highly motivated, smaller rider.

Quote Originally Posted by pwynnnorman View Post
    Someone pointed out to me an interesting caveat on the use of answers to a question like this one. The problem is that an eventing stallion that produces babies who could/would/should go all the way will have those babies sell into other sports more often than not--so the numbers a stallion might NOT have could actually reflect his quality and consistency a lot more accurately than numbers he does have (or, er, something like that--that didn't come out quite as clearly as it was put to me).
    Very true. Add to that - they may go to someone who is a devoted amateur who has NO desire to go to the ULs.
    Erin
    Dodon Farm - Home of Salute The Truth, Thoroughbred Stallion and on Facebook
    The Retired Racehorse Training Project, a 501(c)3 Non profit organization.

Quote Originally Posted by GotSpots View Post
    I believe he has a number of young going intermediate/advanced. Penny Rowland has at least one...and there's an Ontario young rider with one too...Jean Rablat rode one....Gosh there must be a whole bunch by now!

Can you comment on the temperaments of his offspring? My coach has virtually ordered me to breed my hot TB mare to a non TB, but I remember hearing that Fred's babies were exceptionally levelheaded. Would you say that's been your experience/impression?

I don't know if Internet is avaliable over there, I have one of his offspring and she's fantastic! Regularly get people wanting to buy her.
    But his offspring are very successful over here
    http://www.waitangiangus.co.nz/sale_...orses+for+sale
    http://www.waitangiangus.co.nz/horse...ding-mares.php
    http://www.waitangiangus.co.nz/horses_sold.php
    But my one, Ellie, is very trainable, picks up new movements very quickly and is very scopey.
    Theres the contact details of the people who I think own him now, http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...AALGLCR&show=7

Default Internet

Yes, I believe Nicole Shinton has him: www.greenbrierfarm.net

Now that I've checked her website I don't see any recent stuff on him. I'll try and send her a message.

Oh that would be great, always interesting watching his results. I've told Ellie she better turn out like her Dad lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hilary View Post

Everyone probably already knows, but I love Brandenburg's Windstar...
    Platinum Equestrian - Florida, USA

Default Amazing Temperament

Quote Originally Posted by clivers View Post
    I believe he has a number of young going intermediate/advanced. Penny Rowland has at least one...and there's an Ontario young rider with one too...Jean Rablat rode one....Gosh there must be a whole bunch by now!

Can you comment on the temperaments of his offspring? My coach has virtually ordered me to breed my hot TB mare to a non TB, but I remember hearing that Fred's babies were exceptionally levelheaded. Would you say that's been your experience/impression?
    Fred himself is positively stoic. I love him. I have sat on him back when he was still doing the regular working hunters. Granted, it was just a walk around the arena, but I also had on shorts and no helmet!

My own youngster that I bred, Tiamo, has an incredible talent and work ethic and temperament. Seriously, when he came down from Canada at 18 months of age, still intact, he did all sorts of fun stuff on his journey to Arkansas (laid up in Kentucky at 2 places for 3 weeks, got gelded, etc.) and was super to get started. Even the things that really challenged him - like learning to longe, the only thing that really caused him to push the envelope in terms of submission and, yes, I do have some scars to prove it - were VERY predictable and easy to negotiate.

The other horses by him that I have personally seen all model this temperament. I would breed him to the hottest TB mare and expect a lovely temperament. I am glad I did.
    When blood is the beverage of choice, the sharpest fangs feed first.