The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Dressage Stallions that always throw great temperments

What are some dressage stallions that always throw great temperaments? I've heard that Werbellin and Contucci usually do, which others?

Beste Gold, for either Dressage OR the Hunters.Stamps INCREDIBLE temperaments. They LOVE to work and please,are very forgiving and light to ride without being overly sensitive.

Unfortunately there are not too many to pipe in and add to the claim, since his oldest are just under saddle and their trainers don't post....
    "It's not how good you ride, It's how good your horse covers for you." -Kristan
    Magic Rose Farm- home of Beste Gold & Hot Shot
    Beste Gold & Offspring on Facebook
    Magic Rose Farm Warmbloods on FB

Beste Gold is lovely. Holy cow Magicrosefarm....you have as many chesnuts as me~!
    Chris Misita
    www.hiddenvalleyfarms.net Home of Bravo and Warrick!
    To dare; progress comes at this price. All sublime conquests are, more or less, the rewards of daring.
    Victor Hugo

I hide new horses from Hubby... i only buy chestnuts with lots of white

its that good old Bolero blood that we both have!!!
    "It's not how good you ride, It's how good your horse covers for you." -Kristan
    Magic Rose Farm- home of Beste Gold & Hot Shot
    Beste Gold & Offspring on Facebook
    Magic Rose Farm Warmbloods on FB

Don Principe!! That Donnerhall and Prince Thatchxx blood comes through time after time. When we bought "Prince" temperment was #1 for us. After all- I am getting up there in age and had a hip replacement last year with another this year. Both the stallion and his offspring had to be good minded and tractable.

Maryanna Haymon
    www.marydellfarm.com
    www.sporthorsestallionexpo.com
    2007 USEF Breeder of the Year!

Routinier ... I own two geldings. And Coromino ...I own one mare.

Lovely temperaments on all three.

Widmark and Pointmaker.

Sir Sinclair

I have a lovely Rodioso colt....SOOOO quiet! As far as I know all the Rubenstein lines are angles!! I have a Claim to Fame full sister in foal to Rosenthal hoping for another saint!
    www.flyingcolorsfarm.comHome of pinto stallion Claim to Fame and his homozygous son, Counterclaim. Friend us on Facebook!https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fl...04678589573428

Silvio (middleburg) never competed under saddle in Dressage due to injury, but was champion stallion in hand at DAD. His babies are becoming famous for their gentle dispositions, and he himself is basicly a lapdog to handle. He is from the same sire line as Sandro Hit.

Quote Originally Posted by MagicRoseFarm View Post
    I hide new horses from Hubby... i only buy chestnuts with lots of white

its that good old Bolero blood that we both have!!!
    Thanks for the tip. I didn't know the secret was to keep buying chesnuts with white so hubby wouldn't notice. I keep breeding chesnuts with white, and yes, good old Bolero! So nobody notices. Heck, most people can't even tell my horses apart! They're all chesnut with white socks and blazes. You have to count the socks and look between the legs for a clue!

Sorry OP for getting off topic. I'll behave myself now.
    Chris Misita
    www.hiddenvalleyfarms.net Home of Bravo and Warrick!
    To dare; progress comes at this price. All sublime conquests are, more or less, the rewards of daring.
    Victor Hugo

Rotspon if you want to go frozen. His horses are just the best in the brains department. Real workers & really loving horses.

Londonderry absolutely.
    www.svhanoverians.com

"Simple: Breeding,Training, Riding". Wolfram Wittig.

Nevada's offspring have incredible temperaments. He was Champion stallion In Hand at VADA/Morven & Res Ch Stallion at Dressage at Lexington. His offspring are just beginning to be shown, but two of his youngsters qualified for the Championships with their very first dressage test, scoring over 67%. One (out of a QH mare) was ridden by a Young rider (I believe she was 18) at barely 4 years of age. The other (Warmblood mare) is turning 4 this month and has just been sold to a Junior rider. Another Junior rider is competing her Nevada 4 year old (TB mare) in Eventing, and won the Dressage portion of her first Event this spring. Their trainers have a lot of confidence in Nevada offspring temperaments and rideability.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2007 Willowby dressage web.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	27.7 KB 
ID:	21268   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	orlando.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	41.2 KB 
ID:	21269   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Firefly 19 cropped.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	15.6 KB 
ID:	21270  

Quote Originally Posted by houserabbitz View Post
    Widmark and Pointmaker.
    After dealing with more than a few Pointmakers, I would defiantly not suggest him for a stallion that always throws good temperaments. He himself has a great temperament, his offspring verge on the explosive side. My trainer has one, and she even said that her mare is not a amateur horse at all, neither are any of the PMs shes met. All the ones I have meet are on the explosive side, hot and reactive.
    "Let the fence be the bit." - Phillip Dutton

Two fillies I have had with outstanding tempermants would be by Donnerschlag and this years Fabuleux. I had a Rascalino that was pretty level headed too.

Stepping in with my TKs... Hailo, (or anything with Anduc in them), Martini, Oskar, Butow (who just passed over the Bridge)... I'll think of more.
    Emerald Acres standing the ATA Approved Stallion, Tatendrang. Visit us at our Facebook Farm Page as well!

Freestyle definitely passes on a great temperament. I have met several of his offspring and have two of my own, and they are all incredibly easy to work with.

Wildcard is in NC. His offspring are going under saddle and starting to show. I had a student buy an unbroken 4 year old, after two months with a trainer she is trail riding by herself and took her to hang out at a show and was able to hack her. Wildcard got a 9 on his trot, very fancy guy!
    www.stonecropfarm.com

I don't think you can ever claim "ALWAYS" throws good temperments. But some lines tend to throw better temperments then others. Someone mentioned Pointmaker, I know three of these horses and all are very difficult. I don't think he's known for throwing a good temperment, although he is a nice boy. I know a few Donnerhalls, and all are pretty complicated, but lovely movers.

Florestan and Fienerstern (F lines) tend to be nice horses. Some of the W lines are pretty steady - Wonderful is nice, but semen is "iffy". Many of the Ideal babies are quite easy to work with. I've known a few Idocus offspring that were nice, easy horses (OK, I've jumped breeds now). Sempatico seems to be throwing good minds, although not too many going under saddle yet, as he is young.

Bordeaux was throwing good temperment - is he still around? Haven't heard anything about him lately.

On the mare line, many of the foals OUT of Diamont mares tend to be much nicer than their mothers

My stallion is throwing nice temperments and good hind ends Sorry, had to throw that in