The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Special home for a special pony.

A gorgeous, absolutely to die for sweet pony needs a home. A special home. He is a section A welch pony who was used for birthday parties. He is sweet and kind and to die for goodlooking. Alas, he is foundered. Only 8 years old, the vet says with proper care and trimming, he should be fine again but founder is forever.

Pokey is looking for someone who knows about founder. Someone who would want a kids pet when back to normal. Last year, he was showing all over the place and doing well with the little kids. An unusally kind pony.

If you can give Pokey the home and chance he is looking for, please, adopt today.
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement

aww, I wish i could take this little guy, but mom would kill me if I asked for another pony...
    It might help other people to know how tall he is, and How many degrees has he rotated?

Pokey is 12.2 hh I will call the vet today to see what degree of rotation there is. To look at him, you wouldnt know a thing is wrong. Four of the ponies are back to work but this guy needs a bit more time. One heck of a pony I know this. Cute and sweet.
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement

Due North Farm Guest

Would you consider shipping this pony up north? We've been looking for a pony for our daughter, who is only 3. (see my post here: http://www.chronicleforums.com/Forum...d.php?t=149739) I was definitely looking for a pony who "needed us" (a rescue) versus buying one, if that makes sense. Do you think this pony would be suitable for our family?

My farrier is really good with foundered horses and I know she would love to help this guy. I also have a dry lot/paddock attached to my barn to keep a foundered pony off grass. Our pasture is a "Paradise Paddock" set-up, which greatly aids in the prevention/treatment of founder. If you've never heard of the Paradise Paddock, you can read more about it here:
    http://thenaturalhoof.homestead.com/...kParadise.html

We can provide a great forever home for a pony and can provide you with references (including my farrier). Send me a PM if you want my phone number to get more information about us.

Just curious...Did you mean 'would you consider allowing the pony to come to CT?' I am assuming you are not expecting a rescue to pay for shipping a free pony to you?

Due North Farm Guest

Quote Originally Posted by anuphillbattle View Post
    Just curious...Did you mean 'would you consider allowing the pony to come to CT?' I am assuming you are not expecting a rescue to pay for shipping a free pony to you?
    You are absolutely correct - I would never expect a rescue to pay for shipping a pony to me. What I typed above sure made it sound like I did though! Thanks for clarifying

Default interested in pony

I would love a bit more info on the pony after you talk to the vet. I am located south of Atlanta so not too far away. I have a great farrier and am married to a vet.
    Thanks,
    Laura

I am also interested in your pony. I have rehabbed many horses/ponies from founder. Feel free to email me or send me a pm.

Dasjensen@web.de

we're located in Columbia, SC

I emailed about this pony, but the email came back.

Any word on the pony?

<>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."