The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Worm Guest

Default 2 TB young horses south jersey

1 mare 1 gelding young halter broke free to good.
    Gets along with others, Never ridden.
    roughly 1000 lbs each. 15 HH give or take a few cm.
    send me a private message for more details.
    UTD on everything, Need loving home with good references

Default young horses

Hello. I'm from Lancaster County, PA. Wondering how old horses are and how far from us you might be. Looking for bigger horse than pony size we have now, for our oldest daughter. Thanks.

is your oldest daughter capable of training a never-ridden thoroughbred?

Just curious, you're posting on a lot of giveaways that don't seem to be suitable for children...
    "smile a lot can let us ride happy,it is good thing"

My CANTER blog.

Quote Originally Posted by caffeinated View Post
    is your oldest daughter capable of training a never-ridden thoroughbred?

Just curious, you're posting on a lot of giveaways that don't seem to be suitable for children...
    glad someone else noticed that...I was wondering what the heck was up- Horselover4 is posting like crazy on every free horse- seems a bit suspicious to me???????

Very suspicious. Please watch who are interested in the horses. Do some serious background checks.......please.... !!
    Standardbred Retirement Foundation
    www.adoptahorse.org

Tell me more about these suspicious folk - I have a free TB filly and have gotten 2 weird responses. What have you experienced? Thanks.
    www.littlekentuckyfarm.com
    Thoroughbred Training and Sales

LKF - this particular poster has inquired about nearly every "giveaway" horse on this board for her "four beginner daughters": a yearling filly, a pasture-only companion, several fresh-off-the-track OTTB's... You get the picture. Either she's nuts or a slaughter dealer in disguise. I dealt with my share of *interesting* messages when I posted a free lease on a 4th Level dressage Swedish Warmblood - with issues. I got everything from "I'm a beginner, but I have a trainer" to "I understand you don't think he can handle the show ring anymore, but I wouldn't compete him that OFTEN"... You have to weed out the well-intentioned but not-terribly-experienced inquiries from the outright crazies.

cattery Guest

Just a heads up to the mods(and anyone interested in these "free"horses).
    I contacted this person about these horses and was told they were still available but they want $1,800 for the pair.
    I then received a seperate email from them trying to sell me another horse that they have.I am now regretting giving them my email address!

Yes, I had the same experience when I contacted the poster about putting these horses on a local NJ list. They ain't giveaways.

why do guys pick on everyone, all of us as kids started out training a horse at some point as a teenager
    or most of us did, and the poster sure didnt advertise them as kids horses or beginner horses I believe he advertised them unbroke, some people like to have a horse that no one else has screwed up or that they can train in their own method, not everyone is Olympic or A circuit bound on this board, not everyone is scam or a con and that is a lot from me who just got scammed
    I trained my first pony and horse when I was 17 and did just fine
    and I got an email from him that they are free

When I e-mailed for info, in mid-May, there was a price attached to each one, so I didn't post it to my local rescue list. Maybe the poster now realizes how hard it is to sell a horse these days, especially one with no training. Also, why would anyone want to re-home their horse with someone who is totally unsuitable for it? That's the kind of thing lawyers dream about - the sort of owner who would give a young horse right off the track to someone who wanted it for their small child to ride. I wouldn't call this "hard on people." I'd call it a reality check.

[Hello. We are also in Lancaster County area, just got a pony last eve. and we have been wanting another one for companion and to train for my 4 girls, ranging from 3- 10 yrs. of age. Please let me...]
    ^^^taken from another thread^^^^

Halter broke young TB's do NOT sound suitable for a 10 yr old girl...sorry.