The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23
  1. #1

    Default spring run!

    Who is going? I just got word today that I got in! My filly's 2nd event! After accomplishing the goal of not getting eliminated at her first one, I've elevated my standards to simply doing better than last time

    see you there!
    Last edited by Moderator 1; Jun. 10, 2008 at 10:29 AM.
    "Do you care, or don’t you care? Because if you do care, you better speak up now or take what you get."
    — Denny Emerson www.savethe3day.org
    **proud member of the trakehNERD group**



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov. 15, 2005
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    607

    Default

    Can't wait!! One of my favorite events. Fun xc and great competitor party.

    The fact that I am woefully unprepared .......piffle!!! Let the games begin!



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov. 24, 2002
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    4,480

    Default I was going

    until my doc x-rayed my chest for my week long fever and chronic cough and told my husband I have pneumonia and I'm on the shelf until at least the middle of next week. I couldn't even ride an entire dressage test let alone go xc. And it was to be our very first event. The stars are really not lining up. So far two entries in on time and accepted and two non starts. I may yet finish the season penalty free. Insert big whiney sigh icon here..



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct. 23, 2007
    Location
    Area V111
    Posts
    476

    Default

    I'll be there with Kc!
    Team Awesome fo sho!



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov. 12, 2001
    Location
    Dry Ridge, KY USA
    Posts
    3,120

    Default

    My ride times are dressage - 2:37pm and x-country - 2:27pm.

    Since parking is pretty tight, where is the best place to park? Does anyone know where they have the stadium? Is anyone else staying at the Holiday Inn Express in La Grange?



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep. 5, 2005
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    453

    Default

    Parking is in two different fields, and it is carefully planned out! So when you drive in you'll be directed where to go. Also, stadium is in a large, flat field (on grass so be prepared to stud up for saturday!) but it is up a hill, so even if you've been to the barn before you probably haven't seen it. The portable stalls went up today!
    Emily



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov. 24, 2002
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    4,480

    Default Auburn

    Good luck to you and Tess, sorry I'm missing all the fun. Again. I might drive over Sunday and cheer you on if I'm over the blurry vision the new meds are giving me. Evening chores were fun, and in sis' lesson tonight, I kept getting right and left mixed up. Better living thru chemistry my aunt fanny.



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov. 12, 2001
    Location
    Dry Ridge, KY USA
    Posts
    3,120

    Default 2ndyrgal

    I am sorry to hear that you are under the weather and will not be making your debut in our sport! Pneumonia is a very bad thing, so please take the time you need to get better. I know that it is easier said, than done, but please try to follow the Doctors' orders.

    I am planning on going down earlier, than I had orginally planned. It looks like we may be in for some severe weather. I hope to get down there and unloaded before it hits. Plus, I-71 will be crowded with all of the NASCAR fans going to the Kentucky Speedway. I would love to be long gone, before that mess gets backed up!

    Emily,

    Do you know if we are allowed to unload up by the arena or do we park and walk the stuff up from the trailers?



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb. 10, 2005
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    1,371

    Default

    My 23-year-old gelding is competing in the BN division with his rider - a friend of mine that leases him).

    I'm so excited that he is still going strong and healthy! If you see a sweet, bay gelding with one eye and and a lot of giddy-up and go on XC, that's my Solo.

    They ride at 2:30 and 2:24 - it's going to be HOT!!
    Last edited by BigMick; Jun. 12, 2008 at 06:56 PM. Reason: spelling



  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan. 5, 2006
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    5,053

    Default

    I will not be there this weekend-- but I heard that they are having a schooling HT in August that I want to bring my borrowed greenie to.



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr. 16, 2005
    Posts
    6,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigMick View Post
    My 23-year-old gelding is competing in the BN division with his rider - a friend of mine that leases him).

    I'm so excited that he is still going strong and healthy! If you see a sweet, bay gelding with one eye and and a lot of giddy-up and go on XC, that's my Solo.

    They ride at 2:30 and 2:24 - it's going to be HOT!!
    Woot Woot... go Solo and A !!!

    I'm hoping to make it out there this weekend to watch a little. And maybe do the Mini in August.



  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov. 24, 2002
    Location
    Northern KY
    Posts
    4,480

    Default

    I might be on the shelf riding-wise, but I'm still going to go root on everybody else. I'll be the short redhead hacking her lungs out every few minutes. Maybe practice with the new digital camera if it isn't raining.



  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb. 10, 2005
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    1,371

    Default

    Well, Solo and Andrea WON their division!!

    They were 5th after dressage, moved up to a tie for 2nd after stadium and then won it all after XC.

    He is truly a one-eyed wonder horse and Andrea rode him so well.



  14. #14
    Join Date
    May. 6, 2005
    Posts
    814

    Default

    My daughter's second event - she got a ribbon and rode really well. It was HOT, but what a well run event. Plus, it helps to have it just about next door! We had a great time.



  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun. 27, 2001
    Location
    Chesterfield, NH
    Posts
    1,374

    Default

    I'm a very proud cousin! MacKenzie Spaes and her ISH Ben (Never Been Kissed) won their division with an amazing 26.5!!!!! At 13 years old (Mac, not the horse)! Yeah Mac and Ben!!!
    Grab mane and kick on!



  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul. 2, 2002
    Posts
    1,598

    Default

    anyone know if the pictures will be online? and where?
    thanks!
    "Do you care, or don’t you care? Because if you do care, you better speak up now or take what you get."
    — Denny Emerson www.savethe3day.org
    **proud member of the trakehNERD group**



  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov. 12, 2001
    Location
    Dry Ridge, KY USA
    Posts
    3,120

    Default

    I want to send out a huge THANK YOU! to Susan and Blake Harris (plus all of their hard working volunteers) for having a wonderful event. I have not been to a competitors party, since I moved down here. Ii was so nice to sit down with all of the competitors and have dinner. The awards for dressage was a nice touch, too. (Tess received a 4th place ribbon.)

    I have no clue how we ended up. We had dropped to 9th, after pulling a rail in SJ. We did go clean in X-country, yesterday, but I did not wait for the final results. I do know that one person ahead of us jumped the wrong jump and was eliminated. Since I had done this at MayDaze, I understood how she felt. When I schedule a lesson with Susan, I will find out how we ended up.

    Anyway, I thought that Spring Run was a well run event. I will defintely go back next year.



  18. #18
    Join Date
    Apr. 16, 2005
    Posts
    6,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigMick View Post
    Well, Solo and Andrea WON their division!!

    They were 5th after dressage, moved up to a tie for 2nd after stadium and then won it all after XC.

    He is truly a one-eyed wonder horse and Andrea rode him so well.
    Big Congrats!!! Good for them.

    A co-worker of mine has a niece that competed. First show at Prelim. She told me they did really well... ended up placing 1st !!! She boards there and trains with Susan.

    Side note: Niece is only 14 yo. Now I'm impressed.



  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb. 10, 2005
    Location
    Louisville, KY
    Posts
    1,371

    Default

    [quote=LSM1212;3295556] She told me they did really well... ended up placing 1st !!! She boards there and trains with Susan. [quote]

    I'll tell you what...Spring Run consistently turns out great riders. Granted, this was "home turf" for that young lady, but when you look at results in general, the Spring Run riders do well most everywhere they go.

    I was super impressed by the "questions" asked on both XC and Stadium at the BN level.

    Nothing was super huge, but the lines were interesting as was the composition of some of the fences. On stadium was a beautifully painted panel that made many horses and riders take a peek or even stop. It wasn't big or off a strange line, just colorful. They also had a small chevron with a full length pole on top as the second to last fence. Again, a valid question but one you don't always see at that level.

    XC had a big red panel that needed to be ridden smartly as it was a few strides away from a fence line and required preparation. There was also a big black ramp in one field, a series of jumps with some roll-back type turns, and as always a varied terrain that requires the rider to plan ahead in terms of timing and speed.

    I think Spring Run is just an awesome event that really requires some thinking on behalf of horse and rider. I appreciate the challenge.

    Any idea who the photographer was???



  20. #20
    Join Date
    Apr. 16, 2005
    Posts
    6,769

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BigMick View Post
    I'll tell you what...Spring Run consistently turns out great riders. Granted, this was "home turf" for that young lady, but when you look at results in general, the Spring Run riders do well most everywhere they go.

    I was super impressed by the "questions" asked on both XC and Stadium at the BN level.

    Nothing was super huge, but the lines were interesting as was the composition of some of the fences. On stadium was a beautifully painted panel that made many horses and riders take a peek or even stop. It wasn't big or off a strange line, just colorful. They also had a small chevron with a full length pole on top as the second to last fence. Again, a valid question but one you don't always see at that level.

    XC had a big red panel that needed to be ridden smartly as it was a few strides away from a fence line and required preparation. There was also a big black ramp in one field, a series of jumps with some roll-back type turns, and as always a varied terrain that requires the rider to plan ahead in terms of timing and speed.

    I think Spring Run is just an awesome event that really requires some thinking on behalf of horse and rider. I appreciate the challenge.

    Any idea who the photographer was???
    I agree... the last 3 times she ran Training (at other locations) she was first. Hence the move up... and IMO, the best place to do that his home turf! But it was her age that made me go.... Co-worker said the photographer was someone local... but not sure who.



Similar Threads

  1. Spring Run!
    By riderboy in forum Eventing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Jun. 6, 2012, 08:53 PM
  2. Who's Going to The Ark Spring HT May 7th?
    By Rio Wild in forum Eventing
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: May. 6, 2011, 08:28 PM
  3. RIP Spring Along
    By kookicat in forum Eventing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Mar. 27, 2011, 09:56 AM
  4. First day of spring...
    By EllenAspen in forum Sport Horse Breeding
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: Mar. 22, 2011, 12:37 AM
  5. I know its spring when...
    By rainechyldes in forum Off Course
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: Mar. 12, 2011, 10:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •