The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

What an amazing turnaround! She looks like a normal equine, especially that bright, curious face. LOVE those ears! She's one tough girl!
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

Bump! Any more good news on sweetHeart?
    Dee
    Founder of the I LOFF my worrywart TB clique!
    Official member of the "I Sing Silly Songs to My Animals!" Clique
    http://wilddiamondintherough.blogspot.ca/

There is news on Heart every single day LOL. She continues to amaze me only now she doesnt look so sad. Her weight is almost good now, a few ribs showing but............she has a butt. She put some meat back there once again. And now, she DEMANDS to be allowed to wander around the farm. At feeding time, not only does she talk to me now, she has begun to rattle the panels and gate. Especially if I feed Printz first. Ladies first in her opinion. She loves it when I let her wander as she always wanders over to Printz and he scratches her withers over the fence. He was a stallion far too long to be allowed more than that. He might take liberties she cant handle LOL. Heart is ready for her first real foot correction treatment tomorrow. She should be able to stand on three feet well enough now to accomodate the farrier properly.

I also think the t-shirts are ready for CafePress. Not sure what the next step is but, the tshirts are very very nice. A great photo of the honey. I cant wait to give one to the vet who first attended her.

I fear it wont be long and we will be planning Hearts trip north. Tiempo is so lucky to have such a wonderful long ear friend coming her way. She is going to adore her but I fear she will take over the new farmette. And when you ask her to do something she doesnt want to do, she proves herself a real mule LOL she plants her little feeties.
    To know Heart is to love her, thats all I can say and watching her change like she has, has been a wonderful gift. I love rescue.
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement

Quote Originally Posted by snkstacres View Post
    There is news on Heart every single day LOL. She continues to amaze me only now she doesnt look so sad. Her weight is almost good now, a few ribs showing but............she has a butt. She put some meat back there once again. And now, she DEMANDS to be allowed to wander around the farm. At feeding time, not only does she talk to me now, she has begun to rattle the panels and gate. Especially if I feed Printz first. Ladies first in her opinion. She loves it when I let her wander as she always wanders over to Printz and he scratches her withers over the fence. He was a stallion far too long to be allowed more than that. He might take liberties she cant handle LOL. Heart is ready for her first real foot correction treatment tomorrow. She should be able to stand on three feet well enough now to accomodate the farrier properly.

I also think the t-shirts are ready for CafePress. Not sure what the next step is but, the tshirts are very very nice. A great photo of the honey. I cant wait to give one to the vet who first attended her.

I fear it wont be long and we will be planning Hearts trip north. Tiempo is so lucky to have such a wonderful long ear friend coming her way. She is going to adore her but I fear she will take over the new farmette. And when you ask her to do something she doesnt want to do, she proves herself a real mule LOL she plants her little feeties.
    To know Heart is to love her, thats all I can say and watching her change like she has, has been a wonderful gift. I love rescue.
    Aww..thanks for the update

Sorry I haven't been very chatty, most of my time is spent frantically trying to get the place ready, and I got so behind mourning Natasha kitty
    I recognized with despair that I was about to be compelled to buy a horse ~
    Edith Somerville and "Martin Ross"

"Momma" to Tiempo, Tucker and Puff, RIP my beautiful Norman 8/2012

Have no fear. I have followed your posts and know you are simply busy. Heart is doing just fine here and will be a real hit at open house. i will let her wander around so she can introduce herself to whomever she chooses. The kids will adore her I am sure and she will likely get lots of handouts.

You just get yourself comfy in the new farmette. Miss Heart will pick her stall when she gets there hahahahahhaha or should I say bedroom. She is such a great animal.
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Default T-shirts, get your red-hot t-shirts!

Drum Roll please......

Sunkissed Acres and Heart now have a CafePress store that sells adult t-shirts, kid t-shirts, tote bags, and barbecue aprons. All are emblazoned with a photo of the star of this thread, Ms. Heart, herself.

Go to:
    http://www.cafepress.com/SKAcres/

The small profit on each item goes to Sunkissed Acres, which as we all know is a legit 501(3)c charitable organization.

The design and the CafePress page are my gift to them.

(mods -- hope I'm allowed to post this)
    Last edited by Lori B; Jul. 18, 2008 at 08:53 AM. Reason: can't type
    I tolerate all kinds of animal idiosyncrasies.
    I've found that I don't tolerate people idiosyncrasies as well. - Casey09

Oooh, the .com was missing from Lori's link, so here tis:

http://www.cafepress.com/SKAcres

Shirt bought!!!
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Doh. Oops.
    I tolerate all kinds of animal idiosyncrasies.
    I've found that I don't tolerate people idiosyncrasies as well. - Casey09

The shirt is so cute. I just ordered one and I can't wait for it to get here! Thanks for the hard work on that!

Bumping this up. how cute wont we all look wearing a Heart T-shirt hmmmmmm And its going to be famous, honest.

bumping again. I cant wait till you guys see the brand new Heart even since these t-shirts. What an amazing gal she turned out to be.

Can't wait!!!! Alas, Erin won't be able to join us. Her grandma fell and broke her a hip
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Is Erin one of the kids you were going to bring along? I am so sorry in any case. Life is just harder on the old folks, human and equine.

And speaking of equine, my darling little Heart is a thief. Yup, a grocery thief. She can unlock most anything and does so it seems. Helps herself to the alfalfa, the cookies and anything else she feels like having.

And, when she gets caught, she turns her head a cutsie little way and looks at me like "Yes, whats the problem, its mine isnt it." Her horizons are expanding. She goes further and further for the good grass but always comes back to where the groceries are a sure thing hahahaha What a little stinker.

Yes, Erin is Texas Tulip here on COTH (formerly Ivantor ) She soooo wanted to come but she's at the hospital with her mom, getting ready to take care of grandma

Hope Erin;s grandma heals FAST!!!

And Lori B, thank you so much. Everything looks awesome!!
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

I'm looking forward to seeing y'all on Saturday.

Right back at you!!
    www.specialhorses.org

I have loved reading about Heart and she looks great!

If you are ever in the mood to go around humming "Ya gotta have heart", there is a great version of the song by a band called Orchestra Luna from Boston.

Their music sort of defies description...show music? rock music? Hey, it was the early 70's. Their first (and I'm pretty sure only) album is available as a CD from Amazon, and contains their version of "Ya gotta have heart". I believe I have read somewhere that this version is sometimes played at Red Sox games.

dressage.com is here to have Heart tell her story via media. Fitting that she precedes the Hong Kong Olympics!
    www.specialhorses.org