The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Angry TICKS! The scourge of humanity—TICK pillow!! (#90)

I now have a deer tick bite.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGH! I hate ticks.

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why God, in his infinite wisdom put ticks on this planet.

It's gotten SO bad, I feel creepy-crawley just sitting here a work...I expect to see one climbing up my arm/leg/face WHATEVER.

*sigh*
    Last edited by Oldenburg Mom; Jul. 11, 2008 at 07:41 AM.
    "For God hates utterly
    The bray of bragging tongues."
    Sophocles, Antigone Spoken by the Leader of the Chorus of Theban Elders

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

I thought the French were the scourge of humanity...times they are a changin...
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    *snort* They may still rate right up there with the ticks, Lex.
    "For God hates utterly

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    What? And waste 350 different types of cheese?

Do you know what you're saying - the world needs cheese! And good wine! And Gaulois!

Y'all need some chickens. Once they eat all the ticks, you can eat the chickens. They taste good with a light white french wine and some good french cheese.

Plus - watching a chicken with a bug is pretty darn funny. Oh goody goody goody I got me one - and the other chickens chase it and try and steal it. A mess of feathers and clucking and bugs and chickens.

Made all the more enjoyable by a good wine. A french wine.

I hate ticks. On the other hand, they provide us with an excellent shorthand to describe some forms of human behavior.

R the chickenz n bugz just as funny if you are drinking beer?? And uhhh South Park proves that the Canadians are the real bad ones, they didn't even give us anything good to eat or drink.

Ah, deer ticks...they ARE repulsive and sneaky little bastards as I discovered this weekend while baling hay at the Manassas Battlefield. I'd never even SEEN one of those little buggers before until I pulled about 5 of them off my socks the other day. And I hadn't even TOUCHED a bale of hay yet! Then, of course, there was the one crawling across the dashboard of my car and the one I found crawling up pant leg yesterday. Gosh, I'd almost forgotten how fun hay season is!
    "It is not necessary for you to let everyone know everything about you. In fact, it is probably wise that you don't. There are some things that you need only discuss with God."

Quote Originally Posted by bt View Post
    R the chickenz n bugz just as funny if you are drinking beer?? And uhhh South Park proves that the Canadians are the real bad ones, they didn't even give us anything good to eat or drink.

Nah - they just give us Celine Dion.

Someone take her back!

Beer is ok too - but you have to avoid good french cheeses with it - get some good German or Belgian cheese.

Really? Is that why so many Americans happily slurp up the swill called Labatt's Blue?
    Dee
    Founder of the I LOFF my worrywart TB clique!
    Official member of the "I Sing Silly Songs to My Animals!" Clique
    http://wilddiamondintherough.blogspot.ca/

I don't know ANY ONE who drinks Labatt's one or two who might have back in the daze when it was all they could afford on "college cash flow":eek thanks for remindin me about Celine, I needed to feel some pain.

I went out and bathed my girl last friday. Let her hand graze until neither of us could not tolerate the mosquitos anymore.. on my drive home I kept feeling like something was crawling over me.. peeked into my to and saw some ugly little bug! Creeped me right out! I hate this time of year.. I must look crazy constantly slapping at nothing.. I always feel like something is landing on me to bite me!
    Love and Laughter - 2005 TB Mare - Boss Mare
    Foxfire Lacey - 2007 Half Welsh Superstar
    New Sensation - 1986- 2014 Love you to the moon and back

I don't know ANY ONE who drinks Labatt's one or two who might have back in the daze when it was all they could afford on "college cash flow":eek thanks for remindin me about Celine, I needed to feel some pain.
    You know that anywhere on COTH on any given day, someone will be happy to provide your daily dose of pain. Near, far....wherever you are.
    I find that a ducks opinion of me is very much influenced over whether or not I have bread. Ducks love bread but they do not have the capability to buy a loaf. Thats the biggest joke on the duck ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldenburg Mom View Post

I cannot, for the life of me, figure out why God, in his infinite wisdom put ticks on this planet.

It's gotten SO bad, I feel creepy-crawley just sitting here a work...I expect to see one climbing up my arm/leg/face WHATEVER.

*sigh*
    Me too!!

I just found a tick on my back about an hour ago. Felt something funny back there, and voila....icky ucky freaking eeeewyy nasty gross little TICK. I'm also completely squicked out. I have the heebie jeebies now.

They're so disgusting. And evil. And nasty. And eeeeeewwwwwww!!!!!!!

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccccccckkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kkkkkk the flame must burn on

Quote Originally Posted by riverbell93 View Post
    I hate ticks. On the other hand, they provide us with an excellent shorthand to describe some forms of human behavior.
    Yes, I must admit the description "fat tick" does seem to bring certain people to mind...even if they are rail thin. Yuck yuck yuck.

Quote Originally Posted by J Swan View Post
    Y'all need some chickens. Once they eat all the ticks, you can eat the chickens. They taste good with a light white french wine and some good french cheese.

Plus - watching a chicken with a bug is pretty darn funny. Oh goody goody goody I got me one - and the other chickens chase it and try and steal it. A mess of feathers and clucking and bugs and chickens.

Made all the more enjoyable by a good wine. A french wine.
    OMGiH!!! Now I know,... the light is shining through. THIS is why the good Lord invented ticks.

*sigh* God's in his heaven and all's right with the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    I'm also completely squicked out. I have the heebie jeebies now.

They're so disgusting. And evil. And nasty. And eeeeeewwwwwww!!!!!!!
    Oh, wait until you find one when you're in BED!!!! ACKKKKKKK. Then you have to completely shake everything out ... and even so, you still feel like they're just biding their time,... waiting,... until you sleep. Talk about Invasion of the Body Snatchers. ack ack ack ack.
    "For God hates utterly

Two things on this planet give me the heebie jeebies...ticks and sharks. Sharks are pretty easy to avoid...ticks, not so much. If I find a tick anywhere I have the "slap myself" jeebies for hours. Of course having had Lyme too many times doesn't help the tick-phobia. I have a bottle of alcohol I keep for dropping ticks into...and I'll admit I rub my hands with glee and mwuahahaha over each disgusting bloodsucking disease spreader I drop in there.

Okay...I lied. THREE things give me the heebie jeebies...the third being Capone's previous "handler." *vomit*
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

Quote Originally Posted by Oldenburg Mom View Post

*sigh*
    I say the EXACT same thing every year when I find the first one crawling on me. I absolutely hate them. I think the worst are those "dog ticks" that are fat and plump. EEEEE! It gives me the willies just thinking about them....yuck!

yep, hate the little ba$tard$

The guy that bales my hay just left. I've got 463 bales of hay to pick up this evening.

I'd better go find the DEET spray.
    Save lives! Adopt a pet from your local shelter.

Default Hay

We have a tick cemetary in the barn. It is a half full bottle of mineral oil and like another poster, I rub my hands with glee everytime we drop one of those M-eFFers in there. Sorry to curse but ticks make me do it!

I have a broken ankle and prior to the injury, I would check my horses everyday for ticks. Well, I'm finally off the walker and in a walking cast so I was able to do a tick check, the first since I broke my ankle. I found a tick nest in one of my gelding's manes...

Now that is EEEEYYYYYYYEEEEEEWWWWWW! One big fat tick and two smaller ones and all that crusty stuff horses create around the tick...Yuckeroonies!

Quote Originally Posted by ybiaw View Post
    Near, far....wherever you are.
    I believe that the heart does go on and on...

Back to ticks, theres nothing like a, well, an intimate moment with your SO to discover that ticks sometimes like to hide in really strange places, if you get my drift...

Check everywhere!
    “Management is doing things right; leadership is doing the right things.” Peter Drucker