The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

gonative Guest

Default Companion pony available

12HH, 17 year-old, Welsh-cross, dark chestnut gelding. Very sweet. Very shy. Very handsome. Very easy keeper. NOT SUITABLE FOR RIDING. Sound, UTD on shots and coggins. Great calming influence on high strung thoroughbreds! Great companion in general. Owner's circumstances have changed and can no longer keep him.

Hi,
    where is he located and why is he not sound for riding? I'm looking for a companion for my VERY easy keeper 11.2H pony who needs her own mostly dry lot.

Quote Originally Posted by avezan View Post
    Hi,
    where is he located and why is he not sound for riding? I'm looking for a companion for my VERY easy keeper 11.2H pony who needs her own mostly dry lot.
    I will keep that in mind--- how long have you been looking? and how long do you need the companion for?
    Windswept Stables-Specializing in Ponies
    Sales, Breaking,Training,Showing, Stud Service

Home of 2008 Sire of Year Reserve Champion
    Pony Hunter Breeding - Empires Power

www.EmpiresPower.com

Hi Patti,
    I haven't been *actively* looking since I need another horse right now like I need a hole in my head. When the broodies are up on the dry lot, the pony has company. And in the middle of winter, I can turn her out with the other horses. So its really just late spring, summer and fall that I think about getting a companion pony for her. If the right situation came up, I would consider it. I need a very easy pony, who is an air fern like my other one that needs to be on restricted grass/no grass turnout. I also prefer the 'free" variety at this point. I would consider a long term free lease too if someone needs to move a pony but doesn't want to sell it. Let me know if anything comes up around here!
    Beth
    Last edited by avezan; Jun. 7, 2008 at 08:06 AM.

will keep my eyes open for you... and from time to time--you can perhaps just borrow one of mine for temporary-since you dont need it year round.
    I have LOTS of air ferns..that are not allowed on grass. At the moment--most of them are in foal..but I will for sure keep you in mind and please remember to check with me when you need to borrow one. Would you be okay with a pregnant mare that fits the desription? .. (Not at foaling time of course)
    Windswept Stables-Specializing in Ponies
    Sales, Breaking,Training,Showing, Stud Service

Home of 2008 Sire of Year Reserve Champion
    Pony Hunter Breeding - Empires Power

www.EmpiresPower.com