The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default Need to find out who the owner/trainer is for Bedazzled (large pony hunter)

I saw him at a few shows and am trying to get in touch with them. Thanks for the 411.

There are 2 registered with USEF. Both greys, the gelding is listed as grey roan and owned by Donald and Taylor Potter in NC. The other is a dappled grey, but a mare, owned by Rachel Redmond in MI.
    "to live is the rarest thing in the world, most people merely exist."

TY
    I believe the announcer said Taylor but cant remember the last name. I have searching the web and cant find much on him. Where did you find that info so fast? I know he is with a sale barn in upstate NY but received the run around when I asked about leasing him. The sale price also has changed a couple of times so I am aprehensive on going through the sale barn. I am trying to figure out how to get in touch with the owners or the owners trainer.

If you go to USEF's website there are a few searches you can run, including horse recording search. Type in a name and there you go! There are several Bedazzleds, but only 2 of them were larges. I'm in NC as well, but don't know the owners. The one of them is listed as living in Charlotte and I can't remember where Taylor Potter is listed as living.

Who is Taylor Potter's trainer? They may be able to help me.

Taylor Potter doesn't ride anymore thats why Nick is being sold. I believe he is at Bay Ridge Farm in New York. I can't get their website to pull up.

Not sure where Nick is these days, but I have always admired Nick. MC did a wonderful job bringing Bedazzled along as a youngster.
    What a lucky kid to have Mom track him down for a lease!
    Good luck in your search!
    Collector of fine ponies.

In loving memory of Mr.Zipp 3-25-72 / 11-4-08

I believe it is Bayridge Farm in Poughkeepsie.

www.bayridgefarm.com

Hope this helps

The trainer at Bayridge Farm turned down my very generous lease to buy offer and changed his price several times. It is a sale barn and from what I could find out they have the pony to sell for someone else and dont own it. I don't think my offer was ever even presented to the owner or trainer. HELP!

I found two Donald Potter's living near Charlotte, NC. Taylor is listed in Matthews, which is also near Charlotte. If worse comes to worse, you could call each of the Donald's and ask if they have a large gray pony for sale I'll PM you with the address and phone numbers I found. Good luck!

Most of the time when an owner sends a horse to a sale barn it is because they don't want to deal with the buyers and all the drama. I would be careful trying to be Robin Hood here. Call the agent and express your concerns about perhaps the offer not being presented. Often a seller has NO interest in a lease/option, or does not like the situation that you have for the pony ( ie. beginner rider, unknown or incompetant trainer, poor location,etc.) By bypassing the agent you may end up in a worse position than you started. They are most likely operating under orders of the sellers wishes.

Quote Originally Posted by chunky munky View Post
    Most of the time when an owner sends a horse to a sale barn it is because they don't want to deal with the buyers and all the drama. I would be careful trying to be Robin Hood here. Call the agent and express your concerns about perhaps the offer not being presented. Often a seller has NO interest in a lease/option, or does not like the situation that you have for the pony ( ie. beginner rider, unknown or incompetant trainer, poor location,etc.) By bypassing the agent you may end up in a worse position than you started. They are most likely operating under orders of the sellers wishes.
    The fact is, however, that a dishonest sale barn happens a LOT more than most people care to think. It can't hurt to contact the owner and say hey look I offered x for the pony and was turned down, wondering if there's anyway we could negotiate and figured it would be easier to do so directly. She might piss off the sale barn, but if she has no other connections to them otherwise - what does it hurt? And if they ARE being devious about it, the owner deserves to know. If the owner really did already hear about the offer and say no thanks, they can tell the OP that and either say - we'll accept your offer if you do this x y and z as well or no thanks we're not interested in negotiating.

Quote Originally Posted by chunky munky View Post
    I agree 100%

Bedazzled is a fabulous pony. My daughter has shown him a few times & just loves him. He has done very well this year & just gets better every time out. If his price has increased it would not be a suprise. If I had the money he would belong to my kid.
    "Crystal Acres"
    Home of 2005 National Champion Section B Welsh-
    "MORTON'S STAR COMMAND
    www.grandviewponies.com

bayridgeponies Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ponymom67 View Post
    The trainer at Bayridge Farm turned down my very generous lease to buy offer and changed his price several times. It is a sale barn and from what I could find out they have the pony to sell for someone else and dont own it. I don't think my offer was ever even presented to the owner or trainer. HELP!
    I am the trainer you are talking about turning down your offer. I have never spoken to you and you have never offered anything on the pony Bedazzled. You were in contact with a partner of mine since June 24 and you were offered to try the pony and refused and have known all along where the pony was, thus misleading all of these people on this thread. I have presented lease to purchase offers to the owner and they were turned down - his exact words were "sounds like a payment plan to me". The pony's price has NEVER changed and in fact the price your friend quoted you was more than the price we are asking! Maybe if you spoke to me directly you would know this. I have emails from my partner and ponymom67 to prove what I am saying is true! Some trainers are trust worthy! And my sale business is reputable with a proven record.

Thanks for coming out Bay Ridge. Not that I am involved what so ever in this thread. Just nice to hear the other side once in a while This must be some pony... He will find someone!

I am not the only one who was told different prices. I did email a breeder of another pony who showed with him when your website wouldnt come up mysteriously and I also have the emails to CA. People have been very kind to PM me with contact information on Bedazzled and I do thank everyone for their help. I am not interested in bantering with you and am only interested in presenting my offer in writing to the owner.

Ummm yeah those who put FABULOUS pony up for sale DO NOT need to entertain let alone accept ANY lease to buy offers, get over it ponymom.

Where did the Bayridge Farm website go? It is one of my favorites?

City of delusion in the state of total denial

Bayridge Ponies--you have a lovely pony.
    "I'm not always sarcastic. Sometimes I'm asleep."
    - Harry Dresden

Horse Isle 2: Legend of the Esrohs LifeCycle Breeding and competition MMORPG