The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Raleigh Results

If anyone is there with a computer could you post results from tonight's GP? Thanks!

Default And the PSG!

We would love to see the PSG scores as well. Sometimes a show will post the results on the website at each night (in this case, www.cdi-raleigh.com), but sadly not as often as one would hope.

Raleigh results are NOT up on the website

sorry!

edited to remove LAST YEAR'S results...oops. (lot of the same horses,hey?)
    Last edited by canyonoak; May. 30, 2008 at 10:17 PM.
    one oak, lots of canyons

http://horsesportnews.wordpress.com/

Canyonoak, those are last year's results.

DressageDiosa's blog says she got a 62% and 5th today. The PSG class was won with a 65%. Hopefully she will post with all the scores!

Quote Originally Posted by honeylips View Post
    DressageDiosa's blog says she got a 62% and 5th today. The PSG class was won with a 65%. Hopefully she will post with all the scores!
    Exact scores would be very interesting. I have a model that applies all the drop show rules and could tell us exactly how everybody stands in the I1 rankings after today's scores. If anybody gets the exact scores from Raleigh and Lamplight, please post! More details in this thread.

I do know that Melissa Taylor got a 58% today, and Lauren Sprieser got a 62%. Can't say about anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by FEI_JR2004 View Post
    I do know that Melissa Taylor got a 58% today, and Lauren Sprieser got a 62%. Can't say about anyone else.
    So, Melissa probably won't help her cause unless she breaks about 72% in tomorrow's I1 (impossible to say exactly without exact scores). Assuming Melissa's competition average at this show makes this her drop show, Lauren will need a competition average of 64.018% to overtake Melissa. Again, without exact PSG numbers from today, it's hard to say exactly what her I1 score needs to be. But, that is the number she needs for her competition average.

Scores from Lamplight - a non-CDI, but with VERY experienced judges - will be critical.

Where's the real time scoring when you need it!!

Quote Originally Posted by dressage_fan View Post
    I have a model that applies all the drop show rules and could tell us exactly how everybody stands in the I1 rankings after today's scores.

Dressage_Fan, you are completely wigging me out here. You are really going against the USEF and USDF database to fill in your model?

Well, please show your results. I want to see who is on it. :-)

FREAK!!!

Kidding, its funny and refreshing to see someone so "geeked out" on scores.

But only if people I know aren't on it.

Unofficial results from the CDI-raleigh website:

http://www.cdi-raleigh.com/2008cdiFridayResults.pdf

Lauren got a 62.083, Melissa a 59.333

Unofficially, of course

Quote Originally Posted by normandy_shores View Post
    Unofficial results from the CDI-raleigh website:

http://www.cdi-raleigh.com/2008cdiFridayResults.pdf

Lauren got a 62.083, Melissa a 59.333

Unofficially, of course
    I seem to remember that Raleigh was very good about posting results last year too. Thanks for the link.

Assuming the competition averages are the same as yesterday's PSG scores AND ignoring Lamplight (I know, two big assumptions), the rankings after drop score don't change substantially. Yvonne Barteau and Susan Dutta (Manette) swap the 32nd and 33rd position. Todd Bryan moves from 50th to 39th, bumping everybody between those spots down one. And, that's it.

Another thread said Eurodressage had Lamplight scores, but Eurodressage's server appears to be down. Too bad, because I don't think dresssageshowinfo.com posts results until a day or two after a show.

Quote Originally Posted by dsgshowmom View Post
    Dressage_Fan, you are completely wigging me out here. You are really going against the USEF and USDF database to fill in your model?

Well, please show your results. I want to see who is on it. :-)

FREAK!!!

Kidding, its funny and refreshing to see someone so "geeked out" on scores.

But only if people I know aren't on it.
    I actually start with the scores posted on the show's websites. I find that these are generally the most accurate because there are a few manual systems they must pass through at USDF and USEF. I don't consider anything "official" for my purposes until the show website, the USDF and the USEF all sync up, which sometimes takes a few weeks with the USDF's score posting lag.

I've been working on the model for most of this year, slowly building in all the rules and working out the bugs. There are still one or two little things that I need to tweak before I would make it public. Plus, I don't always have access to some important information such as whether a rider is foreign (not eligible) or whether a show was declared in advance to not count (i.e. Melissa Taylor at Gold Coast and Jennifer Hoffmann at Del Mar).

The model before the drop show is exactly in agreement with the USDF published rankings with the exception of Amy Bock's I1 score at Equestrian Estates where I believe she actually scored 68.583% (not 68.580%). I apply the drop and eligibility rules to come up with a realistic prediction of what the rankings will look like after they are applied.

MelissaTaylor Guest

DressageFan: I would like to thank you for keeping up with my successes and and lack there of :-) Raleigh has been an interesting show for me since Dacardo has not shown in 5 months but I am still happy with my horse. I have never planned or as you put it " for my cause " ????? go to California. But I thank you for being so attentive.

Eurodressage is now showing some results of the CDI.
    Interesting!

Default hello from Raleigh

scores pretty low in the GP last night:

Neruda had a mistake free ride and scored a 67: his owner was a little frustrated since that's the same score he got at Paxton with 3 big mistakes.

Rocher still has all the charisma in the world but unfortunately is at the end of her career IMO. Her canter bordered on 4 beat and the trot doesn't have the carrying power of old. She's still very fun to watch and I'm looking forward to her freestyle tonight.

Maksymilian had a good go with some great moments. Jane H. says this is her swan song on him as he's for sale. a little sad for such a nice pair.

the freestyle should be a blast tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaTaylor View Post
    DressageFan: I would like to thank you for keeping up with my successes and and lack there of :-) Raleigh has been an interesting show for me since Dacardo has not shown in 5 months but I am still happy with my horse. I have never planned or as you put it " for my cause " ????? go to California. But I thank you for being so attentive.
    Raleigh always seems to be a challenging/difficult venue for a lot of the horses. I think we're seeing that reflected in the scores for the small tour and the Grand Prix this year.

I was wondering if you would go back to the I1 Championships since you competed last year. Perhaps it's time to move onward and upward . You and Dacardo have been impressive for a long time in the small tour and I'm sure will have a lot of success at the next level.

Quote Originally Posted by hsheffield View Post
    scores pretty low in the GP last night:

Neruda had a mistake free ride and scored a 67: his owner was a little frustrated since that's the same score he got at Paxton with 3 big mistakes.

Rocher still has all the charisma in the world but unfortunately is at the end of her career IMO. Her canter bordered on 4 beat and the trot doesn't have the carrying power of old. She's still very fun to watch and I'm looking forward to her freestyle tonight.

Maksymilian had a good go with some great moments. Jane H. says this is her swan song on him as he's for sale. a little sad for such a nice pair.

the freestyle should be a blast tonight!
    Does Jane own Maxsymillian? If so, it's hard to fault her for selling. He's an impressive mover and he received a lot of positive attention on his trip to the World Cup. I'm sure his value is well up there!

Jane is an impressive rider who works her tail off. I'm sure she will land on another great mount and have much success.

From the GP Kur: Lars 74.25, and earned every point. It was stellar. Rocher 69.8, Tara Stegen/New Tango 67.7 - thought they deserved better. I didn't hang around to hear Joe Sandven's score, but I'm guessing he'll place 4th. Neat neat horse, lots of potential. Kathy Priest/Shostakovich 65.8, then Felicitas/Roulette 64.550. I THINK Pik L got a 64.050, but I'm not exactly sure on the decimals. 64.something.

Michael withdrew Neruda, something about a cut on his face. I thought his GP yesterday was one of the nicest I've seen from him, though I have only seen a few of his tests.

Quote Originally Posted by dressagediosa View Post
    From the GP Kur: Lars 74.25, and earned every point. It was stellar. Rocher 69.8, Tara Stegen/New Tango 67.7 - thought they deserved better. I didn't hang around to hear Joe Sandven's score, but I'm guessing he'll place 4th. Neat neat horse, lots of potential. Kathy Priest/Shostakovich 65.8, then Felicitas/Roulette 64.550. I THINK Pik L got a 64.050, but I'm not exactly sure on the decimals. 64.something.

Michael withdrew Neruda, something about a cut on his face. I thought his GP yesterday was one of the nicest I've seen from him, though I have only seen a few of his tests.
    Lars can ride an absolutely exceptional Freestyle...and it happens rather frequently. Good to hear it was fun to watch today!

Chapel Hill and Southern Pines, North Carolina

Hey - I was there too - and thought the Lars ride spectacular. WOW - a real piaffe and great great music! And agree that I thought New Tango deserved better (and Rocher not so good )
    "Her life was okay. Sometimes she wished she were sleeping with the right man instead of with her dog, but she never felt she was sleeping with the wrong dog."

www.dontlookbackfarm.com