The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What about those "WAPS" at Devon

Hey guys: I am a HUGE FAN of the WapAloosa and want to say that "The Hoods" have a great breeding program and has constantly produced some very nice winners..Congrats on your breeding program and keep up the great work.

I, too, adore the WapAloosas! We have had several and they have been very easy to start and very willing to work.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

Well I wasn't gonna post unless someone else started it but let me first say that James Dean (Waps Rolls Royce baby) WON the non-tb yearling cots and geldings. Impressive class to say the least and man can that little boy move.
    My blanket app - Waps Ya Doin (Wap Spot) was 6th in that class and was 2nd in the earlier PA bred class. By the way, it was mine AND my horses FIRST EVER breeding horse show. Good first show to pick, right - I was definitely THRILLED with my results. My other horse, Waps Special Dark (Waps Millenium) was 5th in the PA and 9th in the non-tb 2 yr old which was a huge class with some really really FANCY babies (looked more like seasoned show horses than babies).
    Ginny was there and got to see her babies shine. I am so pleased with these babies I can't even express it. I would have never found them if not for this BB and I owe it all to you folks out there who raved about them. My yrlg was so good, acted like he had been doing this forever and again it was his FIRST time out probably 3rd or 4th time ever even on a trailer. GO WAPS!!!!!!!!!

Default Hey

Hey Mr. Jig... So you must have read my first Thread. I am glad. I too have been a True Fan and I love them. They are hardworking and just great performers..

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jig View Post
    Good first show to pick, right - I was definitely THRILLED with my results. GO WAPS!!!!!!!!!
    How can you post this with no pictures?
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

Quote Originally Posted by Nootka View Post
    How can you post this with no pictures?
    I was playing groom yesterday for the two and didn't have a camera. I met a lovely lady at the ring who was taking photos (got a couple of my Opie - yrlng) and promised to send them to me and I am of course ANXIOUSLY awaiting the JL Parker ones. I will DEFINITELY post as soon as I get them.....

Default Love em'

Oh... I am a WAP admirer also! I would LOVE to see photos!

Yeah!!! Congratulations to all the Wap babies and owners!! I can't wait to see some photos of these beautiful youngsters.

We are expecting a Wap baby any day now. The mare is due June 16th but I've suspected she will go earlier. The sire is JG Appaloosa's Wap Spot (not Wap Spotted). And the dam has Chocklate Confetti bloodlines. Should be a beauty.

We have a Wap line mare that had a wonderful half Trakehner baby by Tanzeln last year. The filly is incredibly athletic and sweet. I couldn't keep my non-horsey brother away from her if I wanted. When I can't find him I just go looking for the filly and there they are together. It's kinda cute. She's been like a little ambassador to draw him into the horse world. Last week he helped me deliver my IDSH colt out of a Chocklate Confetti daughter and I never would have expected him to OFFER to get dirty in that fashion and allow himself to be closed up in a stall with a horse. Yes, he is that non-horsey but he really likes appaloosa personalities.
    Altamont Sport Horses
    Trakehners * Knabstruppers * Appaloosa Sport Horses
    Home of stallions: Ambrosius af Asgard "Atlantis" & Hollywood Hot Spot
    Birmingham, AL

I too noticed all the 'Wap' babies when I was looking at the results!

Chapel Hill and Southern Pines, North Carolina

I can't WAIT for the pictures - I just asked someone who was there if these babies have blankets?? Mr. Jig - congratulations - your results are fantastic first time out!!!!!
    "Her life was okay. Sometimes she wished she were sleeping with the right man instead of with her dog, but she never felt she was sleeping with the wrong dog."

www.dontlookbackfarm.com

Congratulations!

I dream of breeding some of my mares to the WAP line at some point... such lovely horses!
    -Jessica

Photos are coming. I have not had a chance to upload mine yet. Virginia has photos and video, but she has been busy with mares to breed and a new colt this morning.

Mr. Jig your boys looked fabulous and were so well behaved. I'll be seeing you at PA Breeder's in the fall. I'm planning on bring this years filly by Waps Millenium out ot a daughter of Wap Spot 2.

Kathryn Southard told me that one of hers that won at Devon on Thursday is a WAPs baby. She had two winners--I think one in the yearlings and one in the 3 year olds so not sure which it was since they were both very very dark and solid colored.
    Chris
    Ladybug Hill--Hunters and Ponies
    WWSD? (what would Suerte do?)

Kathryn's yearling colt won his class (James Dean) and he is the WAP and the 2 y.o. TB filly winner was Armsglen, owned by a client of Kathryn's. This filly won the yearling filly class last year. JD is black, or very dark brown, and Armsglen is bay.
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

Here is a links for my photos.

http://community.webshots.com/user/appdream

Mr. Jig, PM me so I can get your address to send you photos.

those are some gorgeous babies!!!!

I bred a few Waps years ago that were nice horses, and used to do some breaking for the Hoods. I have a 5 year old now for a client to be sold that is also a real doll. We nick named him Johnny Depp because he is soo "hot" ...but mellow and cool!!! He is dark bay with salt and pepper spots in the summer, very subtle , but fun!!
    "It's not how good you ride, It's how good your horse covers for you." -Kristan
    Magic Rose Farm- home of Beste Gold & Hot Shot
    Beste Gold & Offspring on Facebook
    Magic Rose Farm Warmbloods on FB

Quote Originally Posted by lauriep View Post
    Kathryn's yearling colt won his class (James Dean) and he is the WAP and the 2 y.o. TB filly winner was Armsglen, owned by a client of Kathryn's. This filly won the yearling filly class last year. JD is black, or very dark brown, and Armsglen is bay.
    I believe that Kathryn's name was also listed on Armsglen up on the board when she won.

Hey Laurie--I tried to meet you. I walked into your stable area on Wed evening and looked around for you. Wanted to say hi! Saw no one at the time. The stalls there looked nice. Wish there was more time for meeting and greeting but was helping a friend whose filly showed in the yearlings.
    Chris
    Ladybug Hill--Hunters and Ponies
    WWSD? (what would Suerte do?)

Hey, Chris! Sorry I missed you! Cannot imagine where I was, since it seemed I NEVER left the barn except to go to the ring!! LOL!! I'll be calling you later this summer to see if you'll help me with a webpage for us...

Will you be at Upperville??
    Laurie
    Finding, preparing, showing and training young hunters, in hand and performance.
    www.juniorjohnsontrainingandsales.com

Talking

Mr. Jig
    You did a wonderful job preparing the two boys. Their very first horse show, your first breeding show... What a way to start out.
    It was great to see my 'grandchildren' do so well. Waps Ya Doing and Waps Special Dark were both very well behaved.

JG Appaloosa Sport Horses