The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thumbs up

Cunningham.

Seb
    Aca-Believe it!!

I haven't read everyone's response, o forgive me if I repeat something.....but my Corlando filly has a STELLAR jump, she's a 06 model, and I plan on free jumping her again this weekend as long as its not too slick from the rain..I'll post pics but here she is at Upperville. Doesn't have the hack winning trot, but fantastic canter and as I said you can't get a better jump!!

I am absolutely in love with my Black Tie colt.....again more pics this weekend, but this is after he was body clipped and is a very odd color...however he is SUPER correct, and has stellar movement in a foal!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_5115copy.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	113.3 KB 
ID:	22491   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OWEN_IMG_5253_july_24_08-.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	23.6 KB 
ID:	22492  

Neighland - I would love to hear more about your Black Tie colt. I am considering breeding my small TB mare to him in '09. I have heard he crosses well with TBs. I am looking for something that throws size and most of all, good movers.

at work and the barn...middle of nowhere PA

Thumbs up

Slightly off the "huntery" path, my 3 year old boy is by Santa Cruz (Oldenburg), who normally breed dressage horses. Cruz is a big boy, tall with bone, and BOY can he move! VERY athletic horse. My Sam is out of a TB mare who was more huntery. He is absolutely gorgeous. Big but refined, beautiful head and neck with fantastic conformation. And friendly! The best part is though, even at a slow walk, he moves unbelievable. He doesn't even have to try. He is very athletic, no worries about him getting over a jump! I am attaching a link to recent photos at a local show, where I am showing him on the line. Some of the pictures make his neck look shorter, but it's actually REALLY long. He is the only grey in the class, so if you scroll through, you will see him (the photographer loved him, can't blame her!)...and we obviously won our class . I'd definitely buy another by Cruz, and his owner Victoria couldn't have been more lovely to deal with.

http://www.hoofprintimages.com/mp_cl...&eventid=22376
    http://www.hoofprintimages.com/mp_cl...&eventid=22376

Good luck!

look into the Iron Spring Farm studs. lovely horses. great babies.

and trust me, they WILL add size. there is an ISF baby at my farm ---he's probably only 3 or 4 by now, and, dear lord, he is HUUUUUUUUGE! (not like 17 hands huge, but when he's mature? he'll easily be 17 or more hands) but this is also because the mare was a biiiiig 16.3 wb as well. but i'm sure they'd add height onto any mare.
    (|--Sarah--|)

Blitz <3 & Leap of Faith <3

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 3Dogs View Post
    EEEK, I knew that - Sir Elton is out of that fabulous mare SPS Cleopatra (right - yes, I hope) - I think the co- breed USEF champ for yearlings (or was she a 2 year old) was out of a TB mare (I better stop typing, I am making all kinds of mistakes )
    You are correct! SPS Cleopatra has produced some very nice babies! Jamie is my best friend since high school & my retiree is at her farm so I am out there all the time. I will let her know you had nice things to say about "Claire".

To the OP... Coppertop farm does have a young stallion out of SPS Cleopatra by Rio Grande. He is only 2 but is HUGE! (16.2 already) - not proven yet (expecting 5 foals next year), but great opportunity for your friend to maybe get in early on a future star!! Check out the website if you are interested. www.coppertopfarm.com

Thumbs up Jupiter!

Jupiter
    breeder of Mercury!

remember to enjoy the moment, and take a moment to enjoy and give God the glory for these wonderful horses in our lives.BECAUSE: LIFE is What Happens While Making Other Plans

Exclamation Jpiter again!

with Jupe you'd get a chestnut with lots of chrome, and a fantastic jump!
    breeder of Mercury!

remember to enjoy the moment, and take a moment to enjoy and give God the glory for these wonderful horses in our lives.BECAUSE: LIFE is What Happens While Making Other Plans

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Ames View Post
    with Jupe you'd get a chestnut with lots of chrome, and a fantastic jump!
    Or not. My trainer's Jupiter yearling is a plain bay who has about five white hairs on one nostril that make him look like he's got a booger in there and then two tiny spots of white on his back fetlocks. We were crossing our fingers for white and were sadly disappointed.

We're still expecting the jump to be fantastic, though. He's an athletic little sucker.
    Keith: "Now...let's do something normal fathers and daughters do."
    Veronica: "Buy me a pony?"

Default Hunter Stallion

We had a Cabalito colt this year out of our very plain,no white at all) bay mare. She's a Selle Francais model and only 16 hands.I wanted something to calm the SF blood and add the height.What we got was a stunning, large colt, liver chestnut with 4 white socks and a star strip and snip.Very Fancy!
    We just weaned him and he is as quiet as they come so far!

[QUOTE=diva4ever;3505684]Chawley...are you sure you and I are talking about the same Ironman? QUOTE]

Yes, I'm sure its the same Ironman (top warmblood sire)???

My friend is an R judge that has done the circuit for years....Ironman is her favorite sire and she's had tremendous success with his offspring. That being said, it's possible it could be the mares, which I don't know that much about. I've only seen the foals. She will even tell you that all the IM's she's had have been very playful, curious, and slow to grow up. But once they do, they are worldbeaters.

[QUOTE=larosa90;3247791]Shine is smallish as CBoylen mentioned, maybe 16.0 or 16.1 hands and refined. He is stunning. He stands in Texas (thanks be to the one above because he was kicking butt here in VA in the AOs, so I am happy he is off tormenting another state in the show ring - I really do like him, just prefer to show against less shiny horses!)
    [QUOTE]

Even though Shine isn't very tall, he is very big-boned and seems much much larger than he actually is. Body size can make them seem much bigger than just height. Just something to consider. My old barn was thinking of breeding a mare to him...sadly, she didn't take. I love Shine

Smile

You can take a look at my stallion. He is a young Hanoverian Stallion who has a perfect amateur brain and beautiful movement. If you want more information please PT me. I have his in hand videos from his show which he cleaned up.
    FutureWin Farm
    "You are never given a dream without also being given the power to make it true."