The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

This guy (Rare By Design) is APHA....he is by our decesased APHA/TB stallion out of a Paint mare
    (Pic at 2 from 2007.....I am sure his owner will be out showing him again thi summer...)
    http://s82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...amHUSat2-1.jpg
    My now deceased Paint mare (she was a Paint/TB cross) has a pinto son by Special Memories named Night Mover that has shown well in the AA hunters for a while. I have a granddaughter of that mare though she will be doing dressage. She is a weenie to the jumps. She CAN jump fine abillity wise...she is just spooky about new jumps she has not seen before.

Here is a pic of the one that I rode. He was quite fun. I was trying to see if I had one that was not on facebook. Ill try this and see if it works.
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...03&id=11804669

Quote Originally Posted by lyndaelyzoo View Post
    Limerick,

Would you mind posting a picture? I would LOVE to see him!!!!!!!!

Let's see if this works......

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e2...ParkPropic.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Horseshowaddict View Post
    Here is a pic of the one that I rode. He was quite fun. I was trying to see if I had one that was not on facebook. Ill try this and see if it works.
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...03&id=11804669
    It won't work-says it has expired.

Try it again, the link worked for me and WOW what a cute horse!

I just recently purchased a Hall of Fame baby but we've only shown at the local levels because I'm still learning.

ADD526........He is beautiful. He's Thoroughbred/DWB? Absolutely gorgeous horse! How old is he?
    Sunday Best...man that horse can jump and looks good while doing it! Beautiful horse.
    Thanks for the pictures so I can keep dreaming until I get my own!!!

yup his mommy was a TB!!! he just turned 12 the other day. He wasnt started until he was four until a rather successful ameauture bought him hoping he would be another one of her A/O hunters and while he is extremely nice and athletic i dont think he could compete like that.....but his attitude is just the funniest so she kept him around sort of as a pet/hacking around the farm horse and i got him last year and he just sort of hung out with light riding. This year we have a trainer sort of free leasing him so he is in work!!! he should get in the baby greens soon...his old owner had done a year or two with him in the baby greens.......works for me though cuase he has the been there done that attitude but his legs arent shot and he stills enjoys his job!!!!!!

I never liked pintos and my dad (who knows only a little about horses) didnt want me to go look at my guy at all as he thought pintos looked "western".....but now that ive had a pinto and especailly and art deco descendent i never want anything else. Everyone i talk to says the Art Deco line has a distinctive attitude which most would get sick of but i enjoy it lol...............

hope you get yourself a little pinto some day! they are the best!!!!

I think we need to start a pinto click!

This was one that I leased for a little bit. http://s60.photobucket.com/albums/h36/scrbear11/Domino/

He was by Davignport out of a mare who was by Art Deco. He was a so-so mover, but had a vet cute jump.

Here's a video of him, http://youtube.com/watch?v=RRtSWWLO3-o

Quote Originally Posted by lyndaelyzoo View Post
    Thank you for the advice. I apologize if I offended anyone and should have known better than to make that generalization about the Paint/QH vs. the Pinto warmbloods. My ex-horse was a 16.1 hand Paint/QH and could make the distances, so I guess that it just depends on the individual horse and I should not have stereotyped an entire breed.
    No need to apologize - at least to me...I wasn't offended at all! I know when we were breeding racing quarters in the 80s, the QH "hunters" were all like 15hs tall and stocky bulky bulldoggy types who wouldn't outrun a one legged chicken. lol Our race breds were 16.2 - 16.3h conformation hunter types and they (QH people) had NO clue what to do with us. lol

Well...fast forward 20 years and wow oh wow has the QH hunter changed. I was stunned seeing them for the first time in 20ish years! No longer 14h X14h wide. lol I'm seeing 17h+ - incredible movers - daisy cutter, loft, suspension. It blew my mind. As I'd tell friends who were looking for Ammi or kids horses and couldn't find a WB in their price range - I'd say "Check out the QHs HUS horses" They immediately thought of the one's I used to see in the 70s-80s and when I sent them to the top HUS studs websites they too were blown away.

I'd ALWAYS wanted a paint - but again, they were 14h X14h lol, so when I found my BOLD black & white tobi, who was 16.2 and huge, I bought him on the spot. I figured I'd get lots of crap from "traditionalists" about his color, but the thing that really surprised me was - EVERY trainer - including top "A" & GP trainers who saw him asked me to sell him to them. They all asked if he was Dutch. lol Nope..good old American Quarter horse and Paint. lol

I never get offended, but DO make sure to tell people about how far the QH and Paints have come. They are truly incredible horses now! They have a calm level headedness of the WB, but with a dash of TB fire so they have that extra sparkle and charisma. From now on I'll only buy QHs or Paints...I sure as HECK do NOT miss my 20 minutes of lunging before I throw a leg over. lol It's sooooo nice to put a halter on, throw a saddle on and hop on and ride off.

Sorry about the novel - I just wanted to make sure *I* didn't offend anyone. And FWTW, IMO & E, if you put in a good go, the GOOD judges could care less about the horses color! If anything, it will make a good go stand out more and get you remembered.
    Last edited by medalrider; May. 28, 2008 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Because I ride better than I spell and type. lol

Default pinto hunter/jumper

go to www.chronicleofmyhorse.com and check out the Hessen horse clique. the grey and white boy is Hessen. kinda funny looking.

I saw one at the NYS Breeders Show, Syracuse, past weekend. It was by Indian Artifacts and was a 17 Hand chestnut and white Tobiano. Big - sweepy - big step - great jumper. Michele Kreimeyer was riding it for a Canadian lady, I think it is for sale.

Robert Beck had a bunch that did very well locally...

Jigsaw & Kaliedoscope come to mind...

Plus, there's been a bunch of pinto ponies...

My Thriller just won Zone II Hunter Finals for the childrens...

Otterride PowWow won alot...

and there's another one named Madison Avenue that goes from the eq ring, to the pony hunters, to the jumpers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tini Sea Soldier View Post
    Plus, there's been a bunch of pinto ponies...

My Thriller just won Zone II Hunter Finals for the childrens...

Otterride PowWow won alot...

and there's another one named Madison Avenue that goes from the eq ring, to the pony hunters, to the jumpers.

The paint/appy/palomino/buckskin/etc prejudice does not apply to the pony ring for some reason. Colored ponies are cuuuuuuute.
    Last edited by RugBug; May. 30, 2008 at 10:26 AM. Reason: spelling of a krazee kolor
    Keith: "Now...let's do something normal fathers and daughters do."
    Veronica: "Buy me a pony?"

Indeed - the original Trixie was a sabeeeeno, even.

I just bought a Swedish WB/Pinto cross prospect who is cute as a button! He is mostly chestnut with white legs and a mostly white tail. He moves great and is showing signs of jumping terrific! I don't think any H/J judge will be able to resist him! :-D

I have an APHA/TB (reg APHA) gelding who is 16.3 hands with the longest legs I have ever seen. People always ask "oh, he must be an Art Deco baby." Nope, I reply. He a pure Texas Warmblood (snicker). I then get the strangest looks, as if to say, what is that?

I'd post a picture but am fairly computer illiterate.

Default pow wow was so cute!

pow wow was so cute when he was competing!

We, Cross Creek Sport Horses, specifically breed painted TB, show hunters for the NON-APHA shows. Our horses are bred to be fantastic hunter movers and jumpers that just happen to be overo/sabino paints. They have been declared outstanding movers by some of the best judges in the country, too. I've been told that a really nice hunter will not be penalized if he happens to have a lot of "bling"!! We have a three year old gelding now that is being targeted to the hunter folks. As stated by others, there is still a preconception that "paint" hunters are just stock horses in English tack...WRONG!!! I'm starting to examine the possibility of the Pinto hunters as an option. The Pinto World Show is held in Tulsa, just 50 miles from here and we have several friends showing there who are planning a visit to us while they are in the area. "Get Spotted"!!!
    www.crosscreeksporthorses.com
    Breeders of Painted Thoroughbreds and Uniquely Painted Irish Sport Horses in Northeast Oklahoma