The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default CDI-W/Y/J Raleigh May 30-June 1

For those of you who have been following George Williams and Rocher, I am happy to report that they will be at the Raleigh CDI and Capital Dressage Classic again this year. It looks like a strong Grand Prix competition with other notable riders competing as well. The show starts on Friday at 8:00 a.m. and goes through Sunday afternoon. The Grand Prix Musical Freestyle is Saturday night. For more information, please go to the show's website: www.cdi-raleigh.com

Christopher Hickey will be there with Cabana Boy to compete in the 6 yr. old Young Horse classes.

And, thankfully, the weather looks promising!

Jennifer Mitchell
    President, NCDCTA

you can take the girl outta NY, but ya can't take NY outta the girl

Cool! Thanks Jennifer! Looking forward to that... there are always some great rides this is the best show in our area by far! well worth it for spectators!

everyone, tell your friends, come watch a great show with us!

(stop by the used tack booth and say hi! I'll be there all weekend!)
    to err is human, to whinny, Equine.
    Ebay-aholic! Carolina clique, BITS AND BARTER BOARD BUDDY
    EYEGLASSES MISSIONS FOR ARMENIA-send me your old glasses!

CTanner will be there exhibiting her art work. Look for Sweetgrass Studio if you want to see some incredible paintings! She has cards and prints, too.
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

Packing up the horses and leaving tomorrow morning. Come by barn B and say hello!

have a safe trip TMPF, and all of you coming in for this great show.

Lets hope the weather co-operates. It's not the CDI, unless it's raining (hard) at least for 10 minutes!

I hear from show management that we have more vendors than ever. I love the french lady's hand painted porcelain pieces. I hope she is there again this year. Frederique is her name.

The NCDCTA Used Tack booth is a pretty awesome place to find some real bargains. And to those of you who volunteer your time to run it every year...THANK YOU!!!!!! I look forward to seeing you there!

Jennifer

I'll be patronizing and contributing to the used tack sale.

I'll be the steward at arena 5 on Friday - come by and say hello!

I predict the rain will hold off because I didn't plan to compete this year (See, I was in another state last year, and we had a DRAUGHT)

Tee hee, this show is renowned for the weather, remember when the lights went out in the indoor during a lightening storm?!!!

Rhiannon, come track us down sometime. I'll be hanging out at Tanner Jensens booth
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

I honestly think this is the nicest show for a few reasons.
    1 it's always like a big homecoming. Everyone looks forward to meeting there!
    2 Really cool vendors!
    3. GREAT show management!

I am Paula... I'll be there up in the corner!

EqTrainer - I remember the lightning storm! I was on my 5 year old mare in the indoor waiting to do the 5 year old test on Fri night. At the time the lights went out, I was surrounded by stallions! We all had to warm up in the indoor, around the outside of the arena and then do our test.... some of us did it in the dark! That's when I knew my mare could concentrate!!

Anyway, we got to Raleigh yesterday....we've already had 10+ minutes of hard rain so we all feel at home. The weather is supposed to clear though. The show looks like its going to be great!! Great riders, super horses, the vendor fair looks huge, and the tireless volunteers/ management et al are busy making sure everything is perfect for competitors and spectators alike. We are having a blast in barn C/D. It's always a privilege to ride at Raleigh!!

I am still sad my Ian Stark clinic got cancelled - but the upside is I'll get to help Maria at the competitors' party Fri night, and watch some ponies go...

Jeannette - helping at the competitor's party is THE WAY TO GO when it comes to volunteering!

I just stopped by to drop my stuff off at the used tack sale and scout out the vendors. This might be an expensive weekend.

If gas weren't so darn high and if we hadn't gone to Raleigh last weekend for a Memorial Day Party, I would road trip to come and watch. Oh well. A friend is going to scope out the used tack for me and call if she finds anything. Good luck everyone.
    Member-Arab Dressage Riders Clique
    RIP Barichello

Ian's loss is my gain, Jeannette, come sling hash and drink wine with me woman!