The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Free to GREAT Home: Sound 6yo TB Gelding; in PA..Pics added.

Hi all.

I had advertised my gelding a few months back for a free lease situation due to new job reasons, but then decided to hold onto him.

Well, now the new job has translated into no job (stupid economy ) and I can't think of any way to keep him with no income. So..now it's time I have to find him a permanent home. This breaks my heart, he is a doll.

You can locate the old thread for more specific information, but he is 16.1, big-bodied, dark chestnut, minimal white. I've had him since December and put a solid 6 weeks on him over the winter but he's basically just been turned out since March. He's quiet, but green, and since no one has much been on him in a few months, would need someone with some experience to restart him.

I am located around Pittsburgh, PA. I'm ok with sending him a considerable distance (at your expense) as long as I can be provided with references. He's just had his spring shots and has a current coggins.

Please PM or email for more information. Thanks so much!
    Last edited by Big_Tag; May. 28, 2008 at 02:23 PM.

Default Bump and photos!

Just a little bump and some pictures He is still a bit thin due to a hay fiasco but he's bounced back blindingly fast on Senior feed, so should be up to par in no time. Also, he isn't actually multi-colored..just still shedding out on his legs/sides a bit:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v3...o/Sally/Leroy/

Please give this guy a chance. He is a REALLY nice horse who is only leaving me because I have no means of sustaining him, and without knowing how quickly I will be able to secure a job, it's the best decision I can make for him.

Oh I am sorry I'm not in the market..looks like a really nice boy!

I would say the biggest criticism of the picture is the too big halter!! Put a smaller halter on that pretty face!

I have sent it to a young woman I know!

why oh why oh why can you not be in the PNW...
    "Adulthood? You're playing with ponies. That is, like, every 9 year old girl's dream. Adulthood?? You're rocking the HELL out of grade 6, girl."

Check out the Off Course post about the pony club kids in Iowa/MN who lost horses in the recent tornadoes... maybe you could arrange for shipping out to one of them?
    Athletic Horses. Educated Riders.
    www.Ride-With-Confidence.com

Default be careful

sigh, haven't sold my building or I'd take him. with boarding and diesel i cannot take on another horse right now.
    be careful and get a contract, even though people lie. you don't want something bad to happen to him.
    try a college or university if he is good over fences. they have to keep donations usually 2 yrs before sellling or worse.
    good luck. hope he gets a great home. the economy sucks and people are giving away horses down here in the south.

Quote Originally Posted by anuphillbattle View Post
    Oh I am sorry I'm not in the market..looks like a really nice boy!

I would say the biggest criticism of the picture is the too big halter!! Put a smaller halter on that pretty face!

I have sent it to a young woman I know!

Ugh, I know! I keep meaning to poke a hole or two in it, as it's stretched out so much! It's way better when I hook the bottom part back on (as you can see it's set up as just a grooming halter) and since he doesn't wear it in the field or his stall I keep forgetting!

Thanks for forwarding him along. He is a doll and such a willing guy! Once over the winter the trainer @ our barn (who I don't really work with, actually) asked to see what would happen if I popped him over some crossrails and he marched right over them like he'd been doing it his whole life. He's out of shape now but trust me, he'd love to have a job!

And Cloudyandcallie, thanks so much for the heads up. I plan on doing my homework..I love this guy to death and will be very careful where he goes

RosehillRanch39 Guest

Default Do you still need a home for your horse?

Hello maybe I can take your horse in. Can you email pics-tricia34ginny2003@yahoo.com

Thanks Tricia Wakefield,Va. references available

Quote Originally Posted by RosehillRanch39 View Post
    Hello maybe I can take your horse in. Can you email pics-tricia34ginny2003@yahoo.com

Thanks Tricia Wakefield,Va. references available

Please see above post for link to photos.

He still needs a home..doesn't anyone need a nice, sound, young, quiet, big gelding? No funds=no board=limited options

Sent you a PM.
    Last edited by MaggieMagoo; Jun. 5, 2008 at 01:15 AM.

cowgirl7 Guest

Smile

Is he still available? He is adorable. Have you ever tried him on trails? If so, how did he do? If you have more information you can email me on cherrysoda589@yahoo.com

Is he still available? There are a couple of people where I board that may be interested. I'll pass this along if you are still looking for a home for your boy. He is very handsome.
    A stubborn horse walks behind you, an impatient horse walks in front of you, but a noble companion walks beside you.