The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Or the fertility

I just have this nasty feeling that the spincter is lying again! As somebody that has unfortuately seen him ride Capone (& let me tell you it wasn't pretty but ) I'm hoping that this horse ends up in a better place (I really wish he'd left him with Kyle King who really showed what the horse could do!) BUT I have a nasty feeling that we'll be reading about some sort of insurance scam by the spincter in the near future! I'm sure that he probably owes some shady people all sorts of money for his little cocaine mess up!!!
    Go Ahead: This is a dare, not permission. Don't Do It!

Quote Originally Posted by eclipse View Post
    ... (I really wish he'd left him with Kyle King who really showed what the horse could do!) ...
    I never quite understood the logic behind that myself.

I haven't followed Capone's career since his return was "demanded" by Exit Point and subsequently executed. Is/was Spink keeping this stallion's athletic career on track? Or just the breeding end?

I AM playing nice here Mods - I really am and it's really a challenge.

What? 3 pages and Dougie hasn't shown up yet to ask what we're all referring to in our veiled way?

That's gotta be a record.

Cinder

I wonder what barn he was at? Capone and the business used to be up in Chilliwack BC (I have lots of family there), but the mentioned barn is in Custer WA. I used to live in Bellingham (right off the mentioned road, actually) and can't think of any big operation along there. I wonder where he was at and why he was moved there??? Can't think of any facility there that looked like they could support a horse in that level of training. Or maybe Spink has opened business sites on both sides of the border?? That doesn't make sense, especially since Chilliwack and Custer are pretty close.
    Gentleman J - "Junior" - My been-there, done-that jumper

Send Your Love - "Serena" - Aug 10th 2009, Rest in Peace

Seems like I remember reading something about Dougie not being welcome in Canada after the drug bust. Of course, we don't want him on this side of the border either!!!
    www.debracysporthorses.com
    Home of Sea Accounts xx
    AHS/HV, ATA, GOV, RPSI, JC, AQHA, APHA, APtHA
    "LIKE" www.facebook.com/SeaAccounts

Quote Originally Posted by cyriz's mom View Post
    Seems like I remember reading something about Dougie not being welcome in Canada after the drug bust. Of course, we don't want him on this side of the border either!!!
    Nope, he's ALL yours.

Should the horse turn up on this side of the border, he's welcome to stay.
    "Adulthood? You're playing with ponies. That is, like, every 9 year old girl's dream. Adulthood?? You're rocking the HELL out of grade 6, girl."

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Quote Originally Posted by veebug22 View Post
    I wonder what barn he was at? Capone and the business used to be up in Chilliwack BC (I have lots of family there), but the mentioned barn is in Custer WA. I used to live in Bellingham (right off the mentioned road, actually) and can't think of any big operation along there. I wonder where he was at and why he was moved there??? Can't think of any facility there that looked like they could support a horse in that level of training. Or maybe Spink has opened business sites on both sides of the border?? That doesn't make sense, especially since Chilliwack and Custer are pretty close.
    I think I would start with the assumption that if a facility was large, successful, well known in a good kind of way, or had any kind of facilities that might be considered of value to the mainstream public, that it is entirely possible/probable/likely that they would want nothing to do with a person with this particular history, ya know? Would you want him on your property? Imagine if you had children on the premises? Would you even want him near them?
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

With a criminal history, could one get horse insurance? And is this guy the owner as well as the trainer?
    Barbaro Cultist, Metabolic Nazi

In the comments section of the Belllingham newspaper link, a poster mentioned that a woman from Alaska purchased a facility by/behind the Birch Bay Mall for $1M and this where the horse was kept.

As for the insurance question, I just saw him (Spinkster) interviewed on KOMO 4 TV and he stated Capone was not insured because it cost to much. Now after watching that interview, I must go take a shower..............I feel REALLY dirty.

I fear a scene out of The Godfather!! Spinkster must have lots of enemies.
    http://www.talloaksfarm.net ---"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts." --- Winston Churchill

Now I don't know much about this stallion or owner other than what has been posted here so I will not speculate on that. But I did watch the video from the news and did anyone notice that the stalls that this guy kept his multi-million dollar stallions in were barley waist high? Um, if that were my horse, he would be in a padded stall. Not to mention, who in their right mind would not insure a horse of that caliber? If you have the money to first of all purchase the horse and then show at all the big shows eg Spruce Meadows, I am pretty sure that you have the money to insure your investment. Especially a stallion worth a cool million from breeding alone. That just all sounds fishy to me.

My guess is that it is either insurance fraud or some other money oriented dealing. I wouldn't be so sure to think that a bad business dealing would result in the theft of a stallion. Not practical as he isn't worth anything to anyone other than the owners. If someone was trying to make a statement to this man, that stallion would probably not be alive in his stall.

But enough of my speculation. I've watched too many CSI and Law and Order shows for my own good

Oh and yea he does look like a creep and coke-head. Eww.

I kind of wonder if he "took" the stallion himself!
    ~Amy~ TrakehNERD clique
    *Bugs 5/86-3/10 OTTB Mare* RIP lovely Lady, I miss you
    *Frodo '03 Anglo Trakehner Gelding*
    My Facebook

Maybe creditors were after him and wanted to repo Capone, you never know if he had used him for some type of colateral. What do you think?
    http://www.talloaksfarm.net ---"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts." --- Winston Churchill

Default What a sad situation

I bred to Capone in 2001. I had no idea at the time that his owner(s) had all the controversy surrounding them. I have a coming 6 year old mare that has that something "extra" about her. I now know I am extremely lucky to have her. I would not breed to Capone now because of all the management problems and controversy.

I truly hope this stallion is ok and is found soon. I am saddened that because of all of the controvery that he may never live up to his full potential as a sire. What a world!

[QUOTE=I'm EBO;3231463]With a criminal history, could one get horse insurance? QUOTE]

That's actually a really interesting question....I wanna know the answer!

Just google him.....and trust us who have already been there - some of what you will find is horrendous.
    "While people are arguing over whether the glass is half full or half empty, I'm just gonna drink it and be thankful." - Cowboy

Track to Trimac Thoroughbreds on Facebook!!!

Weren't there quite a few questions about who actually owned Capone? IIRC, there were holding/shell companies set up.

I hope against hope that the horse winds up in a good situation. And I hope that horse was "rescued", not stolen.

What a waste of talent - that horse should have been left with Kyle King

I really hope that Capone is in the care of someone just a little more normal now.......I somehow don't see him as "stolen" , rescued maybe, but not "stolen".
    mm

The Southern California freeway system, stuck in an endless commute

I still can't get past the idea that someone named Spink who has his, um, er, tastes named his farm Exit Point. But maybe that's just me.

I think Capone ran away to an emergency shelter for abused horses. The dogs were in on it.
    Congratulate me! My CANTER cutie is an honor student at Goofball University!